• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for a little advice on Sampire weapon for the "treasures Of" events

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looking for opinions on what type of weapon and what sort properties seem to be the best for these events. I know the answers will be varied and plentiful, but I am looking for ideas before the next one starts.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
need minimum 3 pretty much identical cold weapon : Demon slayer , Fey slayer , No slayer.
Type of weapon same as you you daily play.
All other will be varied:fatigue for paragon, area cold for small stuff, special moves etc...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m talking in general, but @Pawain mentioned wisps on TC.
If it stays as it was on TC. A cold demon slayer. A cold Fey slayer for the paragon Wisps. Only use the fey slayer on the para wisps. Can run around with the demon slayer for everything else.

Other stats up to you. It seems the dungeon will be crowded enough to use WW. So since most are swordsmen. Use a double axe for the DS. Most of the mobs have less than 20 cold resist so AI is not best.

Other types need a WW and a DS weapon.

Ill wear a flame tali for the hell hounds. There are lots of them. The gazers have no slayer.

They may add a rotating mob.

Last edited:

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I'm crafting cold demon and fay slayers ... a version for paragons and a version for normal mobs with area hit.

A question about the template for the hythloth event ... I've seen a player on Europa during the fire event (named Bubbles I think, don't know if he reads here) that was playing in tiger form and often multiple image. I noticed that he was far mor effective than my sampire (that is mid/high tier sampire) ... which kind of template could he be using ? Only adding ninjitsu and maybe healing could work ? items ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm crafting cold demon and fay slayers ... a version for paragons and a version for normal mobs with area hit.

A question about the template for the hythloth event ... I've seen a player on Europa during the fire event (named Bubbles I think, don't know if he reads here) that was playing in tiger form and often multiple image. I noticed that he was far mor effective than my sampire (that is mid/high tier sampire) ... which kind of template could he be using ? Only adding ninjitsu and maybe healing could work ? items ?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey Vic,

This is my setup on ATL. Took longer than I wanted to get the whip crafted:

vic-atl.jpg

This character isn't a sampire but I used a version of this toon on LS, Origin, LA, and ATL last time and got over 800 drops. The character is built to survive. Damage output is lower than swords obviously but I don't struggle with any paragon (unless multiple get dragged to me). I am a big big fan of the mastery Stagger. I might not kill something as quickly but I'm gonna get there without dying and with as few button presses as possible. Anyone with an arm disability like me, or anyone who likes to drink all day while farming, this build's for you. SSI is at 30 after town bonus.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I used the whip because its animation looks cool. Seriously. It is just fun. On shards that I don't have whip recipe (all but ATL) I use a war axe with same type of setup. But if you want to be stylish and have fun, go with the whip!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a version for paragons and a version for normal mobs with area hit.
If you use the Tiger Form the specials can't be used so you just want to swing at max SSI and do the most damage per swing.
I am not a fan of area hit spells. They do little damage and everything other than Paragons and Balrons die in 1 to 3 hits.
I would go with Hit Lightning, Most Mobs are also low in Energy resist.

HLA, Fatigue are decent on Paragons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read that the hits spell let the mob retarget you after their attacks are deflected to a mirror image tho
I was just saying that because you said an area spell.

To keep the template based of defense. Then good choices are HLA and Fatigue. Any amount of time the paragon is not targeted on you is good. I don't choose HLD on melee because I have found that I don't miss enough to use it.

My sword is this. I still have a spot for an imbue.
1632247343498.png
I'll wait till the dungeon comes out before I put a slayer on or something else.
I was wearing a Demon tali on my Tiger. I didn't fight Undeads.

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can do this in cat/dog form as well, I find that the DCI cap and evade increase to be moot if you can keep mirrors up. The HP regen from cat/dog is huge. Also, put hit harm and mana leech on your weapon and spam focus attack when you want a damage bump. Should be quite helpful against mobs with low cold defense. Focus attack should increase your chances to proc harm and leech mana to 100%

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For a Swords Sampire, 100% Cold Damage Double Axe with Demon Slayer/50% HSL/81% HML/50% Cold Area/DI (or whetstone the DI and put on HLA if you have 100% DI on suit). For the Paragon Balrons, a Bladed Staff with at least 50% Hit Fatigue/Demon Slayer/50% HSL/75% HML/DI (or HLA). While the Wildfire Wisps do deal double damage to you with a Demon Slayer equipped, even the Paragon ones don't deal enough melee damage for a wep/talisman swap to be required. For a Sampire that relies on life draining, soloing Paragon Balrons is going to be rough, since they're immune to Life Leech/Drain.

You can do this in cat/dog form as well, I find that the DCI cap and evade increase to be moot if you can keep mirrors up. The HP regen from cat/dog is huge. Also, put hit harm and mana leech on your weapon and spam focus attack when you want a damage bump. Should be quite helpful against mobs with low cold defense. Focus attack should increase your chances to proc harm and leech mana to 100%
Can actually do more damage in normal form spamming DS/AI, the Mirror Images are enough defense. Hit Harm would cause the creature to re-target you as soon as it procs. I'd basically just use Forms for quickly moving around, and go back to normal form for engaging Paragons with DS/AI while keeping Mirror Images up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Watching the tigers wrestle is a lot better than watching a Chihuahua nip at ankles.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can actually do more damage in normal form spamming DS/AI, the Mirror Images are enough defense. Hit Harm would cause the creature to re-target you as soon as it procs. I'd basically just use Forms for quickly moving around, and go back to normal form for engaging Paragons with DS/AI while keeping Mirror Images up.
Sure, but then you have to have healing like some sort of Nancy. Is that what you are implying? Do I look like a Nancy to you?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
you cannot use focus attack when in any form. And with ranged weapon. And wearing shield.
Dog archers were good, lol. Devs needed ninjitsu as hard as they could.

Also cannot cast mirrors when mounted. On foot or in animal form only.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone showcase an appropriate archery weapon(s) for the event? Just trained my first ever archer and a bit clueless as far as the weapons and tactics.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My archers are lazy they use just one bow my normal archer bow inf storm my luck suit archer a 210 luck composite i know everyone is gonna say slayer this etc but i try to not make it a race..

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do want to make an elemental slayer, because why not? I guess the questions I have - 1) bow/crossbow type? 2) what other properties to put on it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do want to make an elemental slayer, because why not? I guess the questions I have - 1) bow/crossbow type? 2) what other properties to put on it?
Same as Melee A cold bow for Para Wisps and you can run around with a cold bow for Demons for everything else so you just have to have 2 weapons. My Archer will also have a Flame Tali for the Hell Hounds.

Only the Para Balrons and Wisps take more than a few hits. I'll use Compound bows because I have them already.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same as Melee A cold bow for Para Wisps and you can run around with a cold bow for Demons for everything else so you just have to have 2 weapons. My Archer will also have a Flame Tali for the Hell Hounds.

Only the Para Balrons and Wisps take more than a few hits. I'll use Compound bows because I have them already.
So a composite bow with something like:
Slayer
SSI
DI? Can I use a whet stone on bows?
ML
SL

Does that look about right?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Slayer
SSI
ML
SL

Yes My two archers use different bows. Put on what you need then add extras if you can.

Can use whetstone on bows.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Slayer
SSI
ML
SL

You can whetstone it. You love can use non -exceptional ones.
Don't try to pack all on one weapon. DI better be on suit. SSI too. This makes room for velocity or hit spell.
Hythoth rooms are small, think about crossbow.
If you will have cold weapon no need for a bow to be composit with AI. Use Yumi, shoot fast, put hit area instead of Mana leech.
If you can maintain Consecrate (I cannot) don't need cold too.

So my advice : if you are still wondering what to use, imbue LOTS of weapon not to full intensity (no essences or void orbs, no POF ) . Try them first several days. Dump useless , copy good ones on exceptional +whetstone +POF and imbue to max.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use Yumi, shoot fast, put hit area instead of Mana leech.
Yumi is pretty useless if you have no Bushido. Does less damage than Composite. AI works on the Para Balron. Rest of the things 3 plain shots to kill. Not sure what I will use on the Wisp with 9 cold resist. May not need any specials. My archers are always running out of mana.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure what I will use on the Wisp with 9 cold resist. May not need any specials. My archers are always running out of mana.
Repeating Crossbow has Double Strike, which doesn't require 50+ Bushido (unlike Double Shot).

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My arrows won't fit in it.
Why my Archers carry around multiple Quivers of the Elements for 50% Weight Reduction. I carry 500 Bolts in one of them. Can easily farm Bolts from Meer Captains (vulnerable to Repond Slayer and Fire Damage).

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Yumi is pretty useless if you have no Bushido. Does less damage than Composite. AI works on the Para Balron. Rest of the things 3 plain shots to kill. Not sure what I will use on the Wisp with 9 cold resist. May not need any specials. My archers are always running out of mana.
Yumi is not that bad. Bushido is nice to have at 50 for honoring foes.
Ninjitsu I am still testing. So many restrictions :coco:

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What runic is best to reforge Hit Fatigue on weapons?
Bronze Runic Hammer. Hitting 40-50% Hit Fatigue when crafting. Running around 250k-500 on ATL vendors. Of course, I have a backlog of hammers so that helped.

Pic of the runic hammer table and a 70% poison DA I crafted just now. Cold would be nice.. Still haven't found one yet and I've burned through about 20 hammers. lol This is a little more trouble than its worth, honestly.

(Table courtesy of uoguide.com)
1632715903926.png 1632716009217.png

Last edited:

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
For he's using the ninja template for this event ..
My char right now is (real skills)
Sword 120
Tacts 115
Ninjitsu 120
Anat 100
Heal 100
Chiv 55ish
Lumberjack 100 ..

I can eventually swap lumberjack with either 120 bushido or parrying... don't know what would best suit the template .. loosing the 30% di from lumber won't take me far from.the 300 cap.. and maybe bushido would grant more benefits (perfection etc...) or parrying alone using shield + one handed weapon ... whay do you suggest ?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
For he's using the ninja template for this event ..
My char right now is (real skills)
Sword 120
Tacts 115
Ninjitsu 120
Anat 100
Heal 100
Chiv 55ish
Lumberjack 100 ..

I can eventually swap lumberjack with either 120 bushido or parrying... don't know what would best suit the template .. loosing the 30% di from lumber won't take me far from.the 300 cap.. and maybe bushido would grant more benefits (perfection etc...) or parrying alone using shield + one handed weapon ... whay do you suggest ?
60 Bushido(honor) and 20 to healing and anatomy for better bandage healing. Or 110 anatomy and 120 healing.
Or resist spells to lower debuffs. Or 80 Archery +2*20 jewels and a dog form.
This is what I tried a little.
I plan to switch it during actually event to see what will make me more drops and which way will I die less.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are not in a hurry and love not dying ninja/tactics/fencing/parry/anatomy/healing

Use leaf blade feint with parry plus mirror image you get hit very little and for low damage

gwen

Slightly Crazed
If you are not in a hurry and love not dying ninja/tactics/fencing/parry/anatomy/healing

Use leaf blade feint with parry plus mirror image you get hit very little and for low damage
tried it. Still consider will it be mace swords or fencing. gargoyles there have aura, kill shadows at once . Leaf blade damage quite low, feint is good. Want to have Bushido too, for honoring when cannot use slayer. Or using demon slayer from cameo and legendary looted weapon. . And mobs cold resists are mostly low. May be it will be daisho.
Tiger form can have shield and parry. If using normal toon shape need focus attack.
I'll be very busy changing equipment and gearing / Re-skilling. Want to squeeze resisting spells some way. So many pros and cons. Let's see how this event will really go. Last event I started as tamer-bard, which transformed to necro parry healing thrower. Over many steps.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
tried it. Still consider will it be mace swords or fencing. gargoyles there have aura, kill shadows at once . Leaf blade damage quite low, feint is good. Want to have Bushido too, for honoring when cannot use slayer. Or using demon slayer from cameo and legendary looted weapon. . And mobs cold resists are mostly low. May be it will be daisho.
Tiger form can have shield and parry. If using normal toon shape need focus attack.
I'll be very busy changing equipment and gearing / Re-skilling. Want to squeeze resisting spells some way. So many pros and cons. Let's see how this event will really go. Last event I started as tamer-bard, which transformed to necro parry healing thrower. Over many steps.
That's why I say if you aren't in a hurry....

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Thx ;)

I tried to cram the more than I can in the template ... 120 sword, nunjitsu, bushido, 115 tacts, healing, 110 ana, 60 chiv .. with 2 fci 4 fcr, 40 ssi, 45 hci, 40 lmc, 100 di .. the char looks immortal, but the damage output it's not at all on par with my sampire .. that's maybe for the lack of sword mastery. I think it should be far better with paragons anyawy