• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for a list of the magery spells that do not need evaluate Intelligence

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thats my request and I'm sticking to it. Making a provo/disco mystic mage with high int but no room for Eval, as suggested by Lord God, the player... He seems very knowledgable (is that a word any more)? Thanks for any help. I want to carry a spell book without those spells, see what happens...

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run the same template, its a lot of fun. Definitely go gargoyle since u keep mounted speed with a rising colossus.

Mind blast is the obvious no eval spell but not practical since w/ mysticism u get a stronger/better 100% cold spell (hail storm).
Stone wall and Energy field (used for monster control & to give yourself some 'wiggle' room) are much more useful spells.
You can bump up ur magery a little or I carry a +15 mage spellbook switching out fast just to cast the e-field.

On my template I run with 75 magery and a +15mage jewl so I dont fizzle inviso. I've also got +15disco on the same jewl.

My temp is:
120 disco(+15 ring)
120 music
120 provoke
120 mystic
120 focus
75 magery (+15 ring - mainly for inviso spam while trying to provoke/disco)
60 meditation
720 skills

TBH the only reason I use magery is for the inviso spam that if u fizzle against some stuff will get u dead fast.
If your not running eval almost all magery spells will be worthless. I would carry a high SDI spellbook and
try to fit on as much SDI as possible since there's no cap on SDI in PvE.
Make sure to get the lvl 3 primer discord quest (discord 5 goats LOL) from the Brit Music Conversatory. You'll also get a Masteries book doing it.

Good luck & welcome to the world of barding !:smile2:

Reactions: Lug

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[anchor][/anchor]Do I need Evaluate Intelligence?
Yes,
if you plan on casting offensive spells you do. Without evaluate intelligence, your spells will most of the time do less than 10 damage.
Mind blast and poison will be your only non-summon offensive spells without evaluate intelligence.
[anchor][/anchor]What Spells are affected by Evaluate Intelligence?
Almost all offensive spells (barring Mind blast and poison), as well as every spell that has anything to do with resisting spells (again, poison not included), meaning, every curse-type (as well as bless-type) spell, paralyze and mana draining spells.

taken from below link:

Evaluate Intelligence - Old Stratics

so looking at my mage book:

create food
heal
night sight
reactive armor
cure
magic trap
magic untrap
protection
magic lock
poison
telekinesis
teleport
unlock
wall of stone
arch cure
arch protection
fire field
recall
blade spirits
dispel field
incognito
magic reflection
mind blast
poison field
summon creature
dispel
invisiblity
mark
paralyze field (I am unclear on this one)
reveal
energy field (am unclear on this one also)
gate travel
mass dispel
polymorph
earthquake (article did not mention area damage affect, not sure)
energy vortex
resurrection
air, earth, fire, water elemental and summon daemon

I am curious myself so if anyone else can pipe in.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taken from the link @Grace of Minoc provided :
Without Evaluate Intelligence, your magery skill will be nothing but heals, mind blasts, poisons and summons.
I would remove summons from that comment b/c they are basically useless w/o the strength modifier eval int provides.
Outside of summoning a horse to ride, w/o eval int summons can not be used effectively in combat against most mid/upper level monsters.
As a mystic you will be relying mostly on RCs. I would shorten the list considerably.

Paralyze fields are useless w/o eval int as are unlock, fire field, earthquake and most times poison fields
(unless your nox fielding a bunch of mongbats most monsters will resist the poison).

The most effective beneficial spells you could use in PvE w/o eval int may include :

heals
teleport
stone wall
poison
cure/arch cure
recall
INVISIBILITY
mark
energy field
gate
polymorph (if fighting a Baracoon it keeps you from turning into a rat)
& Resurrection (other players always appreciate this one & the reason I carry a +15 mage spellbook:) )

These are the spells I keep as set macros on my mystic bard(exception Poly, I keep a gump out for this). Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Na, u don't. U just gotta cast the spell & drag the gump off the side of ur screen not picking anything. Zero magery needed.

I just was looking for legit reasons to cast any spell w/o eval int & since most new players don't know that one, figured I'd add it ;).

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats my request and I'm sticking to it. Making a provo/disco mystic mage with high int but no room for Eval, as suggested by Lord God, the player... He seems very knowledgable (is that a word any more)? Thanks for any help. I want to carry a spell book without those spells, see what happens...
Mind blast and your heal spells. You can do summons but they're so weak compared to a RC. Your healing is based on how high your magery is. Cleansing winds is just too slow for me in some situations.

I ran a disco mystic weaver with magery which did really well pvm. Provoke is ok and all but WOD really comes in handy.