• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for a guild

B

Beele

I have been participating in the pre-order Beta, and I think I got enough of a taste that I will be continuing when things go live, so getting into a guild is high on my mind.

Problems I have had with most of the guilds looking for people: in most of the guilds advertisements and even on the web sites for the guilds, no mention of what server people plan on rolling on. Wow, while I know the list only came out today, I would have expected everyone to post that information ASAP (unless running from a hurricane or something). If you don't know where you plan to play, how are you supposed to bring people with you for day 1?

My intent is to start with a Shadow Warrior on probably a core rule set non-RP server. I have played a Dark Elf Ranger on EQ2 since a few months after it was introduced. I'm a big fan of flinging sharp pointy things long distances, and I am reasonably good at it. I am also a quest *****. While I enjoy raiding and taking one (or 27) for the team, my biggest badge of honor comes from doing everything I can to have done every quest that can be done (level caps on quests annoy the crud out of me, but I am willing to do stuff as a chicken if need be). I haven't played EQ2 since the beginning of March and I think my toon is still #1 on my server (and probably will be until they introduce their latest expansion). I have not done much PvP in the past, but the RvR I have experienced with this game had encouraged me to continue honing that skill set.

Unfortunately, I am not gonna be a hard core player, as much as I might like to be. Life currently doesn't permit it. I will use ventrilo, but only outside of my working hours (which are long, but give me time to play during work- good time to work on quests).

Forgot to mention, I a central time zone resident, but tend to do my most serious playing late at night.

A

Anathesius

Basically, Random Acts of Violence is a group of 10-15 players from UO, AC, DAoC, Shadowbane, EQ, EQ2, AoC, etc. that have continually crossed each other's paths over the years. Some of us were PKs, some weren't. We're all pvpers and I'd say our average age is 30 IRL.

We're semi-hardcore, I guess...our main focus is simply being competent at playing your character.

We'll be playing on the Stoutheart Open RvR server at launch and will be forming an alliance with Brutal Conquest - a guild we met in AoC.

Our forums are http://pixelcrack.net

Give us a look, see if our humor/style matches yours. If so, drop a post in the Introduce Yourself forum and away we go.

I know you stated that you're looking to play on a Core server, but I'm here to tell you that Open RvR is the way to go :)

Take care.