• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Looking for a few good Governors + Proposal on new meeting date

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
The King is currently looking for loyal citizens in Minoc and Vesper to step up and volunteer for Governorship!

Also, the King is also proposing a new date for the Governorship Meetings. Currently it is scheduled for the last Friday of the month (Currently the 27th). The other proposed date would be the last Sunday of every month (Currently the 29th). The time would still be 7pm pst.

Please voice your opinions on the matter.

cor2879

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think, between the two, I would much prefer Friday for the Governors Meetings.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a preference for Sundays. Fridays are nice, but if we're going to go out of town it will be on a Friday.

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In a general sense, Friday is preferable to Sunday only by the hours I keep on Monday through Friday [which involves rising at 3 AM PT to go to work], though I must say I do not feel my argument is most compelling: with sufficient notice, I can adjust my schedule as necessary.

The Illustrious Lord Cephas
Lord of Knights of Veritas
Viscount and Governor of New Magincia

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
For myself, it is impossible to attend anything on Fridays prior to 9pm PDT - or any weekday for that matter.
Saturdays are variable but mostly clear.
Sundays anytime after noon PDT is open.

Being in Hawaii does have its drawbacks... :(

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Ok lets stick with Friday for this month, then we can try Sunday next month.

I want to see attendance for both, and pick one moving forward. I want as many of you as possible to show up, so lets work together and get a time we can all be there :)

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh, can we have some communication crystals placed around the room? At the last meeting I was standing right in front of you guys and I couldn't hear anything. It might be kinda' cool to be able to broadcast the meetings to anyone who wants to listen, but at the very least we need to extend the range of speech there.

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Indeed: my guildmate was seated behind the J'helom and New Magincian seats, and he couldn't hear a thing said by the Yewian or Skara Braean governors while they were seated. (It was for this reason I walked around the table to address.)

A deftly hidden crystal in front of Yew transmitting to the J'helom side of the gallery, and another in front of J'helom transmitting to the Yew side of the gallery. That should do the trick.

The Illustrious Lord Cephas
Lord of Knights of Veritas
Viscount and Governor of New Magincia

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
As always, make sure you all Yell when speaking. Also if you guys want Comm crystals, feel free to bring them to the meeting.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Or perhaps have a single crystal that's passed along that players may link to (set it on the table and just have them slide it as they go). That way players can even leave the event completely and still get the updates (though why they would do that is beyond me). A chest full of receiving crystals would be useful, too... not many people use those now that there is general chat (I miss the old days...)

cor2879

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
All the governors will likely be voiceless after the meeting is over (maybe that is the intent!) :-D

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
heh...
well, should be good company with a whole bunch of loudmouths yelling at one another. :p

I will do what I can to attend... I believe all of these meetings are important so come Doom or Destard, I will make arrangements. I wonder if I can lock down a teleport tile into the mundane world....

*sends missive to her personal alchemist for some throat lozenges and a rather large bottle of peppermint with lavendar*

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Also, if you CANT make it to a meeting, you can always ask a friend who is also a citizen of your city to step in and take your place.