• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for a Beginner Progression list....

Duck813

Visitor
First off Hello. im a returning player and desided to play the meta sampire. My current skills are:
Anatomy: 100/100
Bush 104.8/120
Chiv: 100/100
Necro 100/100
parry 60/100
Sword 116.6/120
tact 106.1/120

im rocking Gear i found from drops from my current battles.

Ok to the Question... is there a progression list someplace on what to kill first then next and so on. so i can see if i can progress with this toon. i am also up for suggestions and build helpfulness. cause lets be honest i have no clue what im doing lol

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off what shard are you? Tons of helpful peeps could help sort you out in game and the guild I'm in (europa) are amazing.

Take a look at these vids - they're a bit slow (watch them at double speed!) but cover the main aspects of anything you need to know re: Sampires.

My view -
Your foundation is great
I'd suggest something along the lines of the following.
NB: The details are down to each player, but the theme is the same - Weapon/bushi/tactics/Necro/resist/parry/chiv, usually in that order of importance.
Others will disagree - it's a playstyle preference!
e.g. You can swap out resist and keep anatomy for more damage, but (for me) it's horrible experience - no resist mana vamp can completely destroy your damage output, leave you vulnerable to blood oath, leave you vulnerable in Fel - meaning death!

Anatomy: 100/100 => 0
Bush 104.8/120 => 120
Chiv: 100/100 => 80
Necro 100/100 =>100
parry 60/100 => 90 (ideally 120 if you have the points from items/jewels)
Sword 116.6/120 =>120
tact 106.1/120 => 110 (ideally 120 if you have the points from items/jewels)
Resist => 100 (ideally 120 if you have the points from items/jewels)

You want to ensure that you're swinging as fast as possible 1.25 ideal but when starting 1.5 might be acceptable - however you achieve this (210/180/150 stam and varying levels of SSI on suit or weapon).
You want max HCI and DCI wherever possible, though you may consider lowering your DCI cap to allow for higher Phys/Fire/Energy resist caps via "armour refinement".
You want high HPI/LMC/SI/MI/DI/HLD on your suit using drops/artis/crafted items (a million threads about this)

In terms of beasties I'm sure there are better lists out there but I'd suggest trying:
  1. Demons
  2. Succubus
  3. Other*
  4. Balrons
  5. Greater Dragons(?)
    All the above but paragons
  6. Navrey
  7. Champ spawn bosses (mainly rikki, neira, meph and if you're female, semidar)
  8. Dreadhorn
  9. Other peerless (clicky link)
  10. Soloing blackthorn captains
  11. Then we get into whacky territory of slasher/stygian dragon etc etc.
*you could probably attempt other named creatures like miasma/rend/spite etc here, or Stygian abyss mini champs (great for regs)

Good luck and have fun on your rediscovery!

Last edited:

Rimmuk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Harms advice is solid and spot on. I couldn’t agree more with him about 120 resist. What you can do is swap out resist for anatomy on a fights where there are no spellcasters if you want to boost your damage some. I believe it’s about 12%ish damage boost (you can look up the pvm damage calculators to check).

you can also swap out chiv for some anatomy as well for fights where you don’t need chiv such as you already will hit the damage cap with slayers and/or perfection. I travel with a chiv item set if I do that so I can still use sacred journey to move around. Generally speaking though I get lazy and just leave resist in because the damage bonus, while nice it’s needed.

The other thing you need to remember is building out a weapons Arsenal overtime. I hate using consecrate weapon so I have a ton of weapons that are all encounter specific. It’s a combination of radiant scimitar’s for low level champ spawn trash, double axes (both which are 100% some type of elemental damage) and bladed staffs for armor ignore for certain bosses. Another fun place is doom to add on the list somewhere in the peerless boss difficulty. Some are more of a pain then others but having the right weapon can make a big difference.

sampires are a lot of fun IMO and with a little practice you’ll be destroying a lot of higher end content.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
With current template you can kill lots of stuff. Advices to swap Anatomy to Resist spells are good.
But you can kill non - spell casters now.
Goblin mini champ in SA (free goblin slayer tali is in Underworld)
You can make money selling essences. Or if have vermin slayer kill stuff in Cavern of Discarded. Will raise your sword to 120
Unbound vortexes in Shame (Air elemental slayer) are also good way to raise skills and no Resist needed. You will get void orbs and shame crystals there.

One of my sampires was almost same remplate as yours. I was so tired of every imp tazing me. With resist you don't need to have lots of excessive DEX and STR.