• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for 2 mods. Please help.

Desa2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, first off I was wondering if any one knows where I can get the mod to allows uocartographer to work?

Second one, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a mobiles on screen mod? This is mega important to me, I know its in pinco's, but I've totally given up on that ui... I love it alot, but it lags the game to the point of being unplayable.. I've tried searching google for hours to just keep getting dead ends. Ive also tried to pull the mod out of pinco's and put it in my own ui. Spent hours n hours trying to do that actually, but I have very limited self taught coding skills, and pinco has it interacting with like 37 files in the source folder, and its kinda a bit out of my scope.. Also tried contacting Lucitus thru icq, but no response there...

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated! ~Desa~

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, first off I was wondering if any one knows where I can get the mod to allows uocartographer to work?

Second one, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a mobiles on screen mod? This is mega important to me, I know its in pinco's, but I've totally given up on that ui... I love it alot, but it lags the game to the point of being unplayable.. I've tried searching google for hours to just keep getting dead ends. Ive also tried to pull the mod out of pinco's and put it in my own ui. Spent hours n hours trying to do that actually, but I have very limited self taught coding skills, and pinco has it interacting with like 37 files in the source folder, and its kinda a bit out of my scope.. Also tried contacting Lucitus thru icq, but no response there...

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated! ~Desa~
the only lag problem from my UI come from the disk writing process (that will be greatly reduced when bleak will fix the getterraintype), but if you enable cartographer the game will start write on disk like hell so you will lag anyways :D

Desa2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had that conversation before, and ya gave a different reason for your ui lagging... Please don't take me wrong, you ui is great, and I'm very appreciative for all you hard work, but in the end, it lags.. no matter the reason why it lags, it lags bad, and has for quite some time. Maybe put in options to not write soo much to the disk? I personally don't need my chat logged, and you have no option to turn that off... I'm sure that would eliminate a ton of lag for me. But that's not what this thread is about, its about anyone willing to give me a hand with a few probs i have.. Pinco, would you happen to have aether of these mods? Im sure you had to start with a bare mobiles on screen mod, and over time interacted it with more n more stuff, I mean shoot, Id be willing to pay ya something for a mobiles on screen mod that i can just drop into the default ui, only thing I would want it to write to disk is dock spots and number of mobiles per.. and it can be simple. just grab bars, put in dock spot, and allow me to take out of dock spot.. i dont need to grab bars from chat window, nore do i need special target or mobile windows. If any one is able to make a stand alone mobiles on screen mod like that, and is willing to give or sell to me, let me know, we can work something out...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had that conversation before, and ya gave a different reason for your ui lagging... Please don't take me wrong, you ui is great, and I'm very appreciative for all you hard work, but in the end, it lags.. no matter the reason why it lags, it lags bad, and has for quite some time. Maybe put in options to not write soo much to the disk? I personally don't need my chat logged, and you have no option to turn that off... I'm sure that would eliminate a ton of lag for me. But that's not what this thread is about, its about anyone willing to give me a hand with a few probs i have.. Pinco, would you happen to have aether of these mods? Im sure you had to start with a bare mobiles on screen mod, and over time interacted it with more n more stuff, I mean shoot, Id be willing to pay ya something for a mobiles on screen mod that i can just drop into the default ui, only thing I would want it to write to disk is dock spots and number of mobiles per.. and it can be simple. just grab bars, put in dock spot, and allow me to take out of dock spot.. i dont need to grab bars from chat window, nore do i need special target or mobile windows. If any one is able to make a stand alone mobiles on screen mod like that, and is willing to give or sell to me, let me know, we can work something out...
there is no chat logging, it's just the terrain check (that will be removed when the new client function will works) and cartographer writing on disk on each step you make (extremely intense even after few improvements)...
but the latest version of the UI have reached the top performance (especially thanks to the devs who were able to fix some performance issue in the latest patches).

Anyways there is no starting code for the mobile bars, only the idea of what it was remains since I had to remake the whole system because the original one had terrible performances on any machine. Also if your lag come from the connection, the mobile bar eats a lot of bandwidth, so before to start adventuring in the code, I suggest you to understand where your lag problem come from...

Desa2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I know for a fact that my lag isn't caused by my tower or my connection. Here's my specs..

Amd 940 phoneme II 3.0 quad core cpu
8 gigs ddr2 1066 ram
amd 790gx mother board
raidion 6870 1gig gddr5 video card
3 western digital 7200 rpm hhd's in raid 0

im on a cable connection with no router hooked up with up to 30meg down (15meg guaranteed), 1meg up
also use lower ping.......

after tons of trying to fix lag while using you ui, and even being on the phone with ea for over 2 hours its just down to the ui its self... it wasn't always like this. I use to use it lag free over a year ago, then one day I updated the ui, and it hasn't been lag free sence.. Ive tried deleting the ui, and downloading, uninstalling the game, shoot, ive even reformatted my computer. nothing worked. Too bad ya didn't keep backups of all the older versions of the ui.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I know for a fact that my lag isn't caused by my tower or my connection. Here's my specs..

Amd 940 phoneme II 3.0 quad core cpu
8 gigs ddr2 1066 ram
amd 790gx mother board
raidion 6870 1gig gddr5 video card
3 western digital 7200 rpm hhd's in raid 0

im on a cable connection with no router hooked up with up to 30meg down (15meg guaranteed), 1meg up
also use lower ping.......

after tons of trying to fix lag while using you ui, and even being on the phone with ea for over 2 hours its just down to the ui its self... it wasn't always like this. I use to use it lag free over a year ago, then one day I updated the ui, and it hasn't been lag free sence.. Ive tried deleting the ui, and downloading, uninstalling the game, shoot, ive even reformatted my computer. nothing worked. Too bad ya didn't keep backups of all the older versions of the ui.
still you don't have detected what feature makes you lag :p
you must start with a blank profile and start to add 1 thing at time until you get the lag... 90% of times the problem is a messed up character profile.

Desa2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did notice 1 thing, my mobiles on screen saved mod settings file is 4,437kb, seem high. Is that normal? Its 54,494 lines of code..........

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you explain this option more fully? When you have a lot of characters on several shards this is not a small task. How often should it be done? What will it do? and why does anyone need to do it?
The character profile stores a lot of data that increases over time, it's not something extreme, but if you start to noticing lag or very long login times, it's time to regenerate.
The regeneration just rebuild the file with all your settings and removes all the unnecessary data.

NOTE: the program is designed for the Pinco's UI, but will also works with default UI.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. I tried it with the chars I use most on Europa. Copying all their files into a temporary folder first. For the benefit of anyone following this discussion. Here are the file sizes of the characters I 'managed' before and after. (I'm also wondering if there's a similar affect for CC users, expanding files that need to be trimmed)
managed.jpg

Last edited:

Desa2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the mod setting there are literally 10's of thousands of lines of code just like this with different mobile health bar numbers.

Code:
<WindowSettings xmlVersion="1.0" name="MobileHealthBar_92471273" sizeX="190.000000" sizeY="50.000000" movable="false" alpha="1.000000" fontAlpha="1.000000" scale="0.800000" showing="true">
            <Anchors />
        </WindowSettings>
Seems to me that, that is something that it pretty much default for all mobile health bar number's and shouldn't even be written to a file at all.

If unnecessary data is being stored, shouldn't it be limited or eliminated all together?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the mod setting there are literally 10's of thousands of lines of code just like this with different mobile health bar numbers.

Code:
<WindowSettings xmlVersion="1.0" name="MobileHealthBar_92471273" sizeX="190.000000" sizeY="50.000000" movable="false" alpha="1.000000" fontAlpha="1.000000" scale="0.800000" showing="true">
            <Anchors />
        </WindowSettings>
Seems to me that, that is something that it pretty much default for all mobile health bar number's and shouldn't even be written to a file at all.

If unnecessary data is being stored, shouldn't it be limited or eliminated all together?
just regenerate it and all will be fine... there are surely a lot of garbage in all that lines, the one you posted is an example: a very old code from who knows what version...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you. I tried it with the chars I use most on Europa. Copying all their files into a temporary folder first. For the benefit of anyone following this discussion. Here are the file sizes of the characters I 'managed' before and after. (I'm also wondering if there's a similar affect for CC users, expanding files that need to be trimmed)
View attachment 11884
Petra, can you explain EXACTLY the steps you used to do this. I have no idea what he means by 'regenerate' the profile, how or where to do it. Surely it doesn't mean delete the whole character user data file and having to recreate all macros, settings etc ?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Petra, can you explain EXACTLY the steps you used to do this. I have no idea what he means by 'regenerate' the profile, how or where to do it. Surely it doesn't mean delete the whole character user data file and having to recreate all macros, settings etc ?
here are step by step instructions! http://www.guain.it/public/uotemplate_pub/index.php?/topic/106-faq/page__p__1480#entry1480

and here is where to get it http://www.guain.it/public/uotemplate_pub/index.php?/files/file/42-ec-profile-manager/

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Storm,

unfortunately I didn't have the same effect as Petra when changing the settings on my main char. Her file size was 449 kb before I started. Saved it to another drive.

Used the Template editor and checked the new file size it was:
462 kb.

I then did it another 2 times in a row (ie loaded char into no 1 & 2 spot, got the warning that they were the 'same' etc, highlighted and copied all the macros settings over, saved the #2 profile, and then rechecked the file size after both attempts.

507 kb
551 kb

I then logged into the char and logged back out without doing anything and tried it again to end up with a 593 kb file size on my char.

Not sure why this is so.

I have major lag on log in on all of my main chars. I have major lag if I actually just leave the character standing doing nothing while I am afk, when I come back basically have to restart the client. This plus major lag when I craft, the longer I craft the more lag I get until it is unbearable and I have to restart the client. Sometimes reloading the UI makes it better but the time that is taking to actually 'reload' is now even a problem . Have to wait minutes sometimes for it to take affect.

All my chars are well over 240 kb in file size.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
any ideas ?
not that I can think of! maybe make a back up copy of your character folder and then delete the original and relog in and let the system repopulate it? if that doesnt work you can always replace with the copy

Desa2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a heads up, I finally decided to take a look into getting cartographer to work in ec w/o pinco's ui, and I got it working just fine. By the way Pinco, I've been running uocart w/o your ui for a few days now, with 0 extra lag.......