• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Lookin for PvP mentor :v

Hulton

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Greetings,

as far as I remember, since I joned UO, all I was doing ingame was pretty much just hanging around. Training my mage a bit, exploring areas (and dying pretty often, hehe :bdh: ), killing everything what moves on Trammel, talking to people and sometimes coming to events. Few months ago, just before I left for some time I finished maxing my skills on mage char.

So now I would like to come back and learn somenthing. Especially I would like to learn basic PvP tactics. Im just looking for someone like teacher or mentor who can teach me basics (and later more) about PvPing. :scholar:
I've heard (and I know) that playing with mage = lots of macros and skills (especially as I have magery, mysticism and speallweaving on 100), but since Im kind of used to it from other games I want to give it a try.

Anyone willing to help me here, on Europa?

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
PRO, VP, TUK, WRAITHs (W) & NW Guilds any of them can teach you. All have very experienced PVPers in their ranks!

Now I am only gonna say this as Ive seen it happen to many players before, choose wisely your affiliation, as each guild has great benefits but there is a lot more consequences to each choice, so dont get caught up in crap if possible, keep friendly with all.
Although many of us are mates outside the PVP circle and do occasionally hunt with each other for other stuff, when it comes down to PVP there is no friends!!

If you gonna play a mage for PVP, you better have fast fingers and very well set up macros for all the spells, buffs/debuffs you will need, aswell as pots,petals etc......
If you havnt PVPed much, my recommendation is go for a melee char, less macros and easier to play to start with, unless you want to jump in the deep end with the mages.
Parry mage will also be your best friend template, as the blocking of the archers shots will be very handy so you dont die in a blink of an eye.
Seems necromancy also has a nice kick to it although not tried PVPing on a necro mage yet, so not the most experienced on this temp.

I hope this bit of info can come in handy and hope to see you in the battlefield by my side.... not against me!!! *Points arrow at Hultons head*

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whichever guild you join, do your research on what you pay for things within your guild. Certain members of Europa's guild circles have been known to pull members in then to rip them off. Ask here for prices of things before you start getting told "You need to buy this from me to compete" "I can build you this suit for this much gold" etc.

Barbarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Pwny Slaystation, are you in the mood to share your dexxer temp please? You seem to do pretty well in the fights I've observed whilst trying to steal stuff from you *cough*

I want to get into VvV on Europa but not good enough with mage yet!

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Pwny Slaystation, are you in the mood to share your dexxer temp please? You seem to do pretty well in the fights I've observed whilst trying to steal stuff from you *cough*

Make a melee to start (Archer/fencer), or even a ninja DS!

We deffo need more people in the PVP scene to mix it all up.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My only dexer on Europa is a deathstriker but i don't use it much.