• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Long Lost Feature Or Was It All A dream?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Seems long ago there was an option to have basements in UO. I'm not sure if this was talked about or was an actual feature at one time. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Maybe I have a fever :p

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No basement was only talk by us requesting it. If I remember right on one shard there is a a house or was a house that had one made by a Seer or something . I heard of it but never saw it.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im still waiting for someone to find the hidden secret with the altar that Wilki talked about.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i ban thee
remove thyself

thats how you get rid of the basement bugs
I did own a L shape once and there was at times trolls spawning in it. Toke a break stayed loged in when I came back and loged back in my character was dead and standing where the boby would have been was a troll.

Not sure what I lost that day when the body decayed.

bahat

Adventurer
I did own a L shape once and there was at times trolls spawning in it. Toke a break stayed loged in when I came back and loged back in my character was dead and standing where the boby would have been was a troll.

Not sure what I lost that day when the body decayed.
On my first big boy houses in game was a log cabin, in fel in the trinny swamps. It was a step up from the small tower co-inhabited by myself and my RL buddy. This is back when you didn't have a security list for a house, it was just someone having a key. I would always always lose the key, even when I kept it in the bank I'd lose it. So naturally we just left the door unlocked. I used to login hidden in the giant cloth fish tank we had made on the back wall.

Logged in one day with my buddy, about 10 lizardmen were in the house killed us very difficult to get back into the house. Took multiple attempts to remove the mobs. my buddy was legit pissed, I thought it was the funnest thing to happen since we learned that my macing broke his armor.

I sure do miss the old game. But I also enjoy the memories this game cultivated .

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Logged in one day with my buddy, about 10 lizardmen were in the house killed us very difficult to get back into the house. Took multiple attempts to remove the mobs. my buddy was legit pissed, I thought it was the funnest thing to happen since we learned that my macing broke his armor.
I miss the days when, if you had something/someone in your house, you could kill them with chain lightning thru the walls. People used to call me for help, they'd go home and be a mob in the house and they on a noob char lol. Fun times, indeed

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No basement was only talk by us requesting it. If I remember right on one shard there is a a house or was a house that had one made by a Seer or something . I heard of it but never saw it.
If you mean what I think you do then it was on LS someplace and it wasn't a cellar (though people called it that) so much as the fact that the house wasn't placed properly and you could walk under it. Lots of people thought it was cool. Not me.