• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Long Annoying Lag Spikes

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been playing a LS for PVP more lately and this shard has many server wide LAG spikes that last for like 15-30 secs at a time. This shard isnt as populated as Atlantic and ATL doesnt have this problem. @Developers, Kyronix or whoever handles lag issues. Its more of a problem during primetime hours like 330pm EST to like 10EST but still happens in off peak hours as well but just not as often. Can someone from Broadsword look into this?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure..right after you pay $29.99 for the new expansion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix & Bleak

Lag in fel dungeons on Lake Superior, the whole sub-server freezes for about 2-6 seconds at a time, sometimes several times per hour.
it happens throughout the day, regardless of how many players are there, but it's extremely annoying.

Please fix!

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the ISP that you are using? Can you post a traceroute and send me your IP address?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the ISP that you are using? Can you post a traceroute and send me your IP address?
I have Verizon FIOS, 150MB up/dwn connection. This seems to be driectly involved with dungeons sub server. Its not just me the entire shard locks up as well. Do you have a list of server ping addresses so I can run a traceroute on it.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not an ISP issue because everyone there freezes up at the same time monsters freeze up as well.
There are 2-6 second spikes where the fel dungeon sub-server just freezes.

I'm not sure if this occurs in tram dungeons or not.

XIIxOveR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been an issue for a long time. It's definitely not an ISP issue.

Alexianna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely not an ISP problem, I've experienced this simultaneously with other players on LS as well.

hobbit35

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix & Bleak

Lag in fel dungeons on Lake Superior, the whole sub-server freezes for about 2-6 seconds at a time, sometimes several times per hour.
it happens throughout the day, regardless of how many players are there, but it's extremely annoying.

Please fix!
Look at the positive side, in those few seconds amazing time to pull bars! Get that target on your back for a long dirt nap.

Remember SaLt is better than Pepper

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Last night during the Tera Keep Harry, these lag spikes were so freaking bad. They were even more frequent; I would say every 3-5 minutes at one point. @Bleak, have you had any chance to look into this??

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night during the Tera Keep Harry, these lag spikes were so freaking bad. They were even more frequent; I would say every 3-5 minutes at one point. @Bleak, have you had any chance to look into this??
I'm still looking into this issue. I'm also stilling waiting on ISP info from everyone experiencing the lag.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's ISP-related. Same thing happens on Origin regardless of where I am or what I am doing.

Just a few second *OMG LAG IM GONNA DIE* everything freezes and then when it un-freezes you see like a bazillion red numbers fly over you're had and you hope you don't die :)

upload_2015-8-26_18-18-25.png

Using U-Verse AT&T

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still looking into this issue. I'm also stilling waiting on ISP info from everyone experiencing the lag.
I sent you a PM with my tracert @Bleak . The problem on is LS is not attached to anyone in particular though. The entire dungeon locks up and that includes all monsters and people that are there. It also doesn't matter what time of day it is either, it does to seem to happen a little more often during primetime hours then other times but still happens. Everyone on LS can vouch for this issue.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The lag spikes occur everywhere at some point or another (by that I mean the whole shard of LS), although, In fel dungeons it happens far more frequently.

head down into despise or any Fel dungeon if you're there for about an hour, you WILL get at least one of these 2-6 second spikes, people that are not in A Fel Dungeon at that particular time will NOT experience this type of lag.

pinging LS.jpg

As stated in this thread, it's not a specific person lagging for these spikes it's Everyone players & NPC's alike, The whole sub-server freezes for 2-6 seconds it's not unusual (lately) to see it happen several times an hour. People that are NOT on the same sub-server will not experience these spikes. fel dungeons freeze up for 2-6 seconds, another client (from the same PC) sitting in luna is able to move, when the lag spike ends, everyone there picks up where the lag-spike started (nothing happens from ANYONE during the spike).

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't matter what isp it is because its not us its the game. Everyone playing gets it at the same moment. Please fix this, very frustrating.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This issue should be resolved now. Let us know if any of you experience the spikes.
Thanks for getting this fixed Bleak! I havnt noticed any lately but then again I havnt been on much lately.