• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Logrus: Take a look at Bombard spell pls?

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bombard's stun effect is supposed to have a chance based upon casters mysticism/focus versus targets magic resist skill, Yet Ive countless times casted this spell on people with 00 magic resist (im 120/120 btw) and the stun effect seems to only happen like once every 30 or 40 spells...maybe not even that often. Ive tried on both guildies and on warred people.

Is it supposed to be that rare or is the code a bit...off?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to code:
Stun Chance is scaled based on mysticism skill and target's magic resist.

Try hitting somone with 0 magic resist.

It should be about 1 in 9 or something along those lines. Unless like me the RNG decides to mess with you on purpose whenever you try to test.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to code:
Stun Chance is scaled based on mysticism skill and target's magic resist.

Try hitting somone with 0 magic resist.

It should be about 1 in 9 or something along those lines. Unless like me the RNG decides to mess with you on purpose whenever you try to test.
I play in RP pvp and 80% of the people there dont have magic resist, yet they are very rarely stunned by the bombard, so rarely infact that unless theyve actually read the spell description they have no idea it can actually stun.

Is it 1 in 9 against people without magic resist? And how would it affect people with magic resist?, the few times ive gotten the stun to hit someone its lasted 2 seconds or so...with 00 magic resist, wich is nice, if it happened just a tad more often. Thanks for replying:)

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I don't know if Bombard has changed since beta but I tested it pretty thoroughly then. With Resist equal to the Mysticism (& then Eval) the stun effect didn't happen at all. Against no resist I wrote at the time it seemed about 1 in every 20-25. Likely also bad RNG though.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at the code itself. It seems magic resist 120 magic resist can drop that chance close enough to 0% that it probably gets rounded down to 0.
At 0 resist the chance of the effect will cap out at 12%.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at the code itself. It seems magic resist 120 magic resist can drop that chance close enough to 0% that it probably gets rounded down to 0.
That was a pretty low number vs 00 magic resist...imo.

S

Stupid Miner

Only elfs and gargoyles ever have 0 resist. And wouldn't another method of scaling the chance be better?

Like (Focus - Resist)/10 + (8 - Resist/40) = % chance

or 5% chance to work against an even level of resist/focus and 20% chance against someone with 0 resist. 20% is still pretty rare for such a slow spell.

Perhaps put a 5 second immunity to stun after the last stun, else there'll be groups of mystics everywhere bombarding people so that they can't move.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or 5% chance to work against an even level of resist/focus and 20% chance against someone with 0 resist. 20% is still pretty rare for such a slow spell.

Perhaps put a 5 second immunity to stun after the last stun, else there'll be groups of mystics everywhere bombarding people so that they can't move.
Good idea... 12% chance against someone with 00 resist and youve invested 120/120 skills in myst/focus is a pretty low chance.

Bombard needs some kinda better incentive to be used since it targets physical resist wich everyone has at 70 and theres no way to lower that to 60 using a curse or something like you can with elemental resists.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. Bombard only hits as hard as energy bolt but you have to factor in physical resist is not affected by Curse spell. Making it weaker then intended (I hope). 20% against no resist skill sounds reasonable. Lighting strike with requirement of 1 single skill (bushido) has a critical rate of 20% and its fast and it does a lot more dmg.

At the time bombard does around 20 to 22 dmg to someone with 70 physical GM inscribe bring it up to around 24... even 20% seem low especially unlike dexer lighting strike which works on everyone 20% of the time.

Speaking of some reasonable ways to balance mages as a whole... why cant certain spells gets special effect like lighting strike? AND scale the special effect accordingly to target magicresist and at 120 you are immune to these special procs. This way you will have fairer fight when people start to stack their fire eater, as well as mage magic resist skills to...... well.... actually help you against spells.