• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Logrus, Question about Inspire song

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Inspire adds DI% but it seems that it is limited by the 300% DI cap when the buff is on a player. Was this intended? or should the addition DI from the song able to go above the DI Cap?

The buff does work on pets really well but while the SDI works for casters' added damage, DI bonus does nothing for dexxers if cap already reached.....

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
how are you testing this?

maxing out your dexxer then attacking something static, then adding the inspire to compare the changes in numbers?

cause i was backing up a team of archers on one of the new high sea perrlesses and it seemed like it was adding the DI.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested with following:

100% DI from items
100% DI from super slayer
100% DI from perfection

Damages were noted once perfection has been reached.

Then the buff was added and the damage seems to be about the same.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is pretty sweet how often Logrus replies with formula specifics, very cool for us number crunchers who try to maximize :thumbup:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a player I find that knowing the numbers helps me tweak and plan templates to maximize certain benefits. So I try to share that stuff as much as possible.

M

Muu Bin

Thanks Logrus, by replying to these posts you are letting us know that you actually care about us. It is also refreshing to know that some of you out there still play UO. Regardless of all that, the info on the 300% damage cap is very useful...