• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Login issues

C

Calla Lily

Received the patch the other day.

Now, when I try to login through UOAssist, I type in My Account Name and Password, but I get this message:

"It appears the data stream has changed. This MAY require an update to UOAssist.dll for UOAssist to function correctly. Hit enter and log into the game and try UOAssist. If you have problems using UOAssist look for updates at www.tugsoft.com and the auto-updater info screen. Press enter to continue."

I hit OK and get this message:

"There is some problem communicating with Origin. Please restart Ultima Online and try again."

When I try to login going directly into UO, I still get the "There is some problem communicating with Origin..." message.

Can someone help me please? Everything was working fine the other day.

B

Beer_Cayse

UOA message ... in many cases a patch will cause this to occur AND when ingame, it will seem as if your macros have disappeared. The UOA FAQ in here or Players Corner has a linked subpost on how to fix that. Look for "Macros disappear" in the main post.

Problem communicating ... I didn't note the time, but a post or 2 in UHall noted issues. Maybe they're same time as this? Problem like this could be their end or something between you and the server.

When I get this it's normally Washington DC Level3.net hops at 100% packet loss. I wait it out and try in an hour.

C

Calla Lily

It's been a couple of days now, and I'm still getting the "problem communication with Origin" message. Can anyone help me please? Should I try to install the 9th Anniversary Edition again? That's the latest cd I have for the game.

F

Finagler

What operating system? UO was working properly before the patch?