• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lockpick training!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friend is training her thief and is at 95.4 lockpicking. She is in need of help to get it moving up. Don't seem to move. Anyone know/have a house to train lockpicking for her? I need a rune or the location where she can get her skill back up please.

L

Legacyee

I have one all set up just below Britain
You come out of the town over the southern bridge and take the road to trinsic, just a little way down after the road to the stables is another road to the coast or beach, follow that and the first house you run into is mine (use the teleporter in the alcove)

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting discorded by a Satyr in the Twisted Weald might also help.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely do as Drowy mentions...there is a sticky thread on the T-Hunters forum that has the steps required to perform the method. I don't think a lockpick house will help her at all at her level, as last I heard 95 is the highest you can really get to with just tinkered chests unless you do the Satyr method.

N

Nenime

If your friend dislike grinding and want to have fun while gaining, I recommend the UO Stratics Treasure Hunter Guide.

I did it that 'classical' way too which means Dungeon Chests from 95 onwards. There are a couple of easy-to-access chests in the Legacy Dungeons (where you can recall at). Some in Despise are very easy but sufficient, the more dangerous ones have better loot (i.e. Destard) but higher chance to die too. Several times a Greater Dragon offered me a breezy welcome. I tried to get two gains per day but I think if you're busy you'll get a lot more ... and lots of gold and items on top of that. This page and the links within helped me to find the various chest. True adventure! :)

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your friend dislike grinding and want to have fun while gaining, I recommend the UO Stratics Treasure Hunter Guide.

I did it that 'classical' way too which means Dungeon Chests from 95 onwards. There are a couple of easy-to-access chests in the Legacy Dungeons (where you can recall at). Some in Despise are very easy but sufficient, the more dangerous ones have better loot (i.e. Destard) but higher chance to die too. Several times a Greater Dragon offered me a breezy welcome. I tried to get two gains per day but I think if you're busy you'll get a lot more ... and lots of gold and items on top of that. This page and the links within helped me to find the various chest. True adventure! :)
This is the way I did my last one. Of course, I was laid off for a while on my last job when I did it so I had plenty of time to just screw around and work lockpicking up the old fashioned way, and you can make quite a bit of gold if you do it this way as well (was clearing over a million a day just from chests).

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone! I let her know/show all the option she have. :)

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if your friend's really tired of training... buy some SoT, they are really helpful for getting those last nasty .1's points ;)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a first session with a Satyr we got her lockpicking skill moved to 98.1. :)