• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lock Picking] Lockpick Boxes

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will start out by apologizing in case I missed this information anywhere.

I want to make a set of lockpicking training boxes. At what level(s) of tinker skill do I need make the boxes? I think I saw one set that had boxes at 30, 60, 75, and 90 tinker. I can't remember the exact numbers. Suggestions?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I did 50,70,100 the 50 skill i did not use alot just at first those 3 will take you to 95 then dungeon and tmap chests for the rest is what I did

M

MoneyMaker

that essay needs to be corrected you no longer need multiple boxes I used 3 total ...
I think the person who wrote that essay was writing it thinking that everyone would use UOA macros. It does work with the macros, but as you have said, you can do it with just the 3 different boxes and gain just as well.
Maybe they will get that one updated soon.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the link. I *always* forget about the essays!! So, a person can gain just be picking and relocking the same box over and over again? I can make just one box at each specific tinker level instead of several of each?

I trained lockpicking, but used a set a boxes at a public house that recently fell. I think there were around 30 boxes at each skill level. If I were to provide boxes in a public house, one box at each skill level would be enough?

M

MoneyMaker

Yup, but like the pickhouse you trained at, there are gonna be those who will want more than one.
I just have 5 of each level at each station. Gives them enough for a small macro and also leaves enough room to have 5 stations.
So glad the link helped. hopefully they will be able to update all of the essays and databases before the new SA comes out, which I am sure will render some of them outdated.