• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lockpicing, is there a guide?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

Been looking for a guide on how to gain lockpicking. I understand I need different level chests to pick, is this correct?
I have a tinker but he is GM already.
Are there any locations I can go to train?
I've just finished mining and cartography, so lock picking next!
I'm on Europa if anyone can help.

Cheers.

EDIT - opps, just noticed I spelt the title wrong. When I go to edit there is no option to change the title.

L

lit2fly

you don't need different boxes now, just make one by your GM tinker, thats all you need, keep lockpicking until 95 where you can gain no more, the use satyr trick to reach GM. I just used this method last month from 50-GM

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you don't need different boxes now, just make one by your GM tinker, thats all you need, keep lockpicking until 95 where you can gain no more, the use satyr trick to reach GM. I just used this method last month from 50-GM
So I just need 1 box? Sounds good to me. Is there a way to macro it using EC?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok cool, seems you can just use a GM made box. I've been using one box and key and at 72 already. Thanks for the help chaps.

B

Blueice_99

hmm not sure what the Satyr trick is I did mine way back in the day before Age of Sh~~ and spent a lot of time picking locks in the bank of vesper, then after that I used 10-20 gm lock boxes and a key ring. Just ran through them over and over til 100, might of been the odd T-maps as well for gains level 4 and 5. So many skills I gm'd then set to (arrow down) for another as I wanted my char to do something else.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found GM boxes with the Satyr trick worked a treat.

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I also need to train my lockpicking. Bought it up as far as I could and now what? GM box is getting me zero gains. So what do I do between 28.9 and 50? I say 50 because an above poster said they went from 50-GM.