• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Locked Down Stonecraft Walls and Floor Tiles Decaying

Spot Stealer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've made several stair blocks, walls, and floor tiles...make sure i lock them down..place on ground, dbl click it and say i wish to lock this down...says its locked down and over the last couple days i come back and they are gone..anyone else having this problem?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah just double click them. Otherwise they decay. From what I can tell it will tell you if you hoover over it there's a message if it needs to be double clicked or not. I also found an issue where I was locking down campion flowers on the floor . Since there are "holes" in the campion flowers I would lock down the floor under the flowers instead of the flowers sometimes. So it pays to take your time and be careful when locking stuff down you don't hit the custom additions by mistake.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also if you are trying to put them above the two levels of the castle/keep you are not allowed to build higher than the normal walls... so it won't stay.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a floor tile that wont lock down or cant be picked up. says u can not see that. double clicking does nothing, shows it isn't secure. I also have what looks like pixie dust coming through tiles on ground, of courtyard, kind of sucks.the rocks in courtyard aren't as bad.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I have a floor tile that wont lock down or cant be picked up. says u can not see that. double clicking does nothing, shows it isn't secure. I also have what looks like pixie dust coming through tiles on ground, of courtyard, kind of sucks.the rocks in courtyard aren't as bad.
I've gotten those. I use a ladder or make steps outta the craftable tiles till I get the right level to reach it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Also if you are trying to put them above the two levels of the castle/keep you are not allowed to build higher than the normal walls... so it won't stay.
Do that mean, this I started here, will be gone, when I get home from work? It did not say, it's to high and the floor tiles can be raised one time more, before it tells it's to high and can't be raised more.

I do have trouble with the flor tile I stand on and the one side by it, they stay visible from outside, so I removed them again. I may build a stair in West side of this corner Tower and hope it won't be visible and block my neighbor

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't think you are allowed to build up that high. It should be giving you a message if you try to place things up that high. Now that said you can get on a ladder and place things and raise them higher than your supposed to but more often that not when you do that they will vanish come the next server up.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Don't think you are allowed to build up that high. It should be giving you a message if you try to place things up that high. Now that said you can get on a ladder and place things and raise them higher than your supposed to but more often that not when you do that they will vanish come the next server up.
I can place a floor tile on top of the floor tiles I have up there, so yes allowed and I placed the corner Pillar and lowered, so that is allowed too. I also placed the walls on a block and then lowered them, they did not go back in my backpack, so seem ok.
I did not raise them higher than allowed, I tryed to raise floor tiles 2 more, but only one more is allowed. Think K fixed it so you can't raise them to high.
I believe only the 2 floor tiles are an issue, as they will show, after I visite my neighbors castle, the first one North do not show so if K will fix the floor tiles, that are stubborn, I think it should be ok as long I don't place vendors or other stuff, that will be visible after I visite my neighbors castle, I believe it should be ok.
I look forward to see if it's still there, when I get home from work, I hope it is :)

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can place a floor tile on top of the floor tiles I have up there, so yes allowed and I placed the corner Pillar and lowered, so that is allowed too. I also placed the walls on a block and then lowered them, they did not go back in my backpack, so seem ok.
I did not raise them higher than allowed, I tryed to raise floor tiles 2 more, but only one more is allowed. Think K fixed it so you can't raise them to high.
I believe only the 2 floor tiles are an issue, as they will show, after I visite my neighbors castle, the first one North do not show so if K will fix the floor tiles, that are stubborn, I think it should be ok as long I don't place vendors or other stuff, that will be visible after I visite my neighbors castle, I believe it should be ok.
I look forward to see if it's still there, when I get home from work, I hope it is :)
Best of luck!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Do that mean, this I started here, will be gone, when I get home from work? It did not say, it's to high and the floor tiles can be raised one time more, before it tells it's to high and can't be raised more.

I do have trouble with the flor tile I stand on and the one side by it, they stay visible from outside, so I removed them again. I may build a stair in West side of this corner Tower and hope it won't be visible and block my neighbor
Very interested on how this worked out.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Very interested on how this worked out.
So far, it is still standing. It look a little crappy vs the normal towers on the castle as I was not able to get the short walls at top of the walls, so it is a little lower and the roof make me trouble.

And the stair is stubborn together with 3 floor tiles and may get me in trouble. I will have to speak with my neighbor, when I see him.

Last edited:

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
So far, it is still standing. It look a little crappy vs the normal towers on the castle as I was not able to get the short walls at top of the walls, so it is a little lower and the roof make me trouble.

And the stair ar stubborn together with 3 floor tiles and may get me in trouble. I will have to speak with my neighbor, when I see him.
Looks great to me.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Maybe trying raising or lowering it if possible? I dunno. Probably decayed by now :p
nope not locked down wont lock down lol, cant pick up, ladder wont work, wont decay. its gm time.
oh doest this stuff decay when place drops?

Agath_Darkbane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can you icq me? I'm building my castle on Atlantic and are having issues as well. This issue isn't being addressed officially and I would love to share my progress with you and exchange ideas. Thanks
My icq is 121488782

Agath_Darkbane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What I am doing as my first phase is I am covering the 4 areas of the courtyard and plan to build walls around them for 4 keep style rooms. I am doing this by manually placing the stone tiles in exact spots below and raising them to match up height wise with the 2nd floor.

Phase 2 which I have just started ( pictured below as well ) is to add walls to these 4 rooms. I am using the crate method ( putting stone wall In a crate and raising the crate to the desired location and destroying it, leaving the wall in its place ) but they have to be lowered manually from the 3rd floor which is a real time waster. I feel like there is something big I am missing here as far as making this process more efficient. Any ideas?

Attachments

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
nope not locked down wont lock down lol, cant pick up, ladder wont work, wont decay. its gm time.
oh doest this stuff decay when place drops?
Yes it goes *Poof* the instant the house drops.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Phase 2 which I have just started ( pictured below as well ) is to add walls to these 4 rooms. I am using the crate method ( putting stone wall In a crate and raising the crate to the desired location and destroying it, leaving the wall in its place ) but they have to be lowered manually from the 3rd floor which is a real time waster. I feel like there is something big I am missing here as far as making this process more efficient. Any ideas?
When I place short walls on the walls, I raise the first walls to the top of the wall I want to build and place the bottom walls last.
I will try to ICQ you, when I get home, but I'm EU time zone so it may be hard to find a time where we both are on.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the fourth time of placing a couple of walls in my castle only to find them gone the next day, I have pretty much given up. Would be nice if they just made the walls and such for castles available through the housing customization sign.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
After the fourth time of placing a couple of walls in my castle only to find them gone the next day, I have pretty much given up. Would be nice if they just made the walls and such for castles available through the housing customization sign.
Did you lock then down or dbl click them to lock them? If you use the lockdown command, they will decay. Only doors have to be locked down,

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone missing tiles they thought they'd locked down please check your moving crate. They don't always decay, they go in the crate.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
after I get too high - I find them the next morning in my moving crate