• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lock Path

G

Okay, my warlock is 36 or 37. There are a couple of orcs in a tower in Ratchet who are offering him one of two paths to follow. For a PvE solo type player, is there any guidance as to which way to go?

Also, I happened to notice that he hadn't used any of his talents yet. Anyone have any preferences or recommendations? I'll probably play him a bit this weekend.

Thanks.

G

I personally took the felhound path. It's not to get a new pet but rather to increase spell damage/abilities what ever. I took the shadow stuff as that's what I'm at.

I'm at 41 and I took some destruction and some affliction. I can post my trees later when I go home and screenshot them. Right now I'm enjoying the nightfall path

I

imported_Dellamorte

The answer is simple... if you prefer shadowbolts and DoTs then choose the felhunter and go shadow. If you are more of a destruction junkie, choose the infernal go fire.

I'd suggest shadow as you are still leveling.

G

<font color=blue>&gt;&gt;. . . and go shadow. </font color=blue>

Isn't that a bit of a Priest thing? My 'Lock only has affliction, demonology, and destruction.

B

Bo Riddler

*giggles*

I personally use Shadow Bolt. I love that skull screaming through the air at my enemy.

Bo

I

imported_Dellamorte

<blockquote><hr>

<font color=blue>&gt;&gt;. . . and go shadow. </font color=blue>

Isn't that a bit of a Priest thing? My 'Lock only has affliction, demonology, and destruction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.. affliction is shadow based. Shadow bolts do shadow damage. Priests haven't cornered the market on shadow power yet. The felhunter path grants you an item that adds to your shadow damage. The infernal path will grant one that adds fire damage.