• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Location of Cavern of the Discarded?

L

Lilweezybaby

Now my next question is where to find Abysmal Cloth....someone said in the cavern of the discarded...but i havent found any anywhere...been there for hours farming and nothing.

K

Kiminality

I have one, given to me by a kind soul I was farming the Clan Chitter Tinkers with.
I have the worst possible luck... and I still have 15 more to get...

H

house4saleUO

They are a total random drop, I have gotten 6 so far and from diff rat chreatures all in the cavern, they don't come very easy though.

Now my next question is where to find Abysmal Cloth....someone said in the cavern of the discarded...but i havent found any anywhere...been there for hours farming and nothing.

K

Kiminality

They are a total random drop, I have gotten 6 so far and from diff rat chreatures all in the cavern, they don't come very easy though.
I was recommended the Clan Chitter Tinkerers, but...
When you say rat creatures, does that include things like those little plague rats?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If any of you are on Europa, I'm happy to show you where the cavern is; it's my swords' favourite farming spot atm, even if the renowned ratties are stupidly hard to kill for no apparent reward.

So far, loot wise, I've had the following

Abyssal Cloth
Powdered Iron & Glass
Lodestone
Crystalline Blackrock
Crystal Shards
Delicate Scales (any idea what those are for? I've not a clue!)
Elven Fletching (see () above)
Essence of Balance
Reflective Wolf Eyes

I daresay I've left something off that list; I'm still trying to get it all organised in my head.

H

house4saleUO

I have gotten one piece of cloth from the little rats if I rember correctly, I was suprised to see it on the corpse. From what I have read any rat creature has a chance of dropping cloth in the cavern.

I was recommended the Clan Chitter Tinkerers, but...
When you say rat creatures, does that include things like those little plague rats?

O

onthefifty

we farmed the clan twitters last nite. in two hours we got 2 cloth. so they dont fall fast. also i believe this is a mini champ spawn cause the rats rank increases and they are harder to kill. the final rat is red and is akin hp wise to the generals in the city invasion. they take a bit to kill and drop nothing.

is this location the same as the cavern of the discarded? i'm not sure.

H

house4saleUO

Yes it is the same location.

we farmed the clan twitters last nite. in two hours we got 2 cloth. so they dont fall fast. also i believe this is a mini champ spawn cause the rats rank increases and they are harder to kill. the final rat is red and is akin hp wise to the generals in the city invasion. they take a bit to kill and drop nothing.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

THat is the one, yes.

M

MonkeyDLuffy

3 of us were there last night on pac, we could not get the ratman to spawn at all for 1+ hrs.

and we killed everything we see on all 3 different "islands" (for lack of better words) [scorpion, the larger rat, and the wolfs].

Any trick to get the ratman to spawn ?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Find and kill the chief for each spawn... the [Renowned] ratmen. Respawn doesn't happen for several minutes until after the chief dies. Basiecally if it seems stuck like that, it probably means somebody lured the chief off and left it rather than taking the time to kill it. Can take 10-15 minutes for a solo person to kill one.

L

Lilweezybaby

Confirmed Tip for Abysmal Cloth....Sword Sampires with Soul Seeker=amazing here...3 hours farming 10 cloth received...kill and check everything level 2 spawn and up.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I have one, given to me by a kind soul I was farming the Clan Chitter Tinkers with.
I have the worst possible luck... and I still have 15 more to get...
I have three was going to make a robe but isnt the same material as robe of condemned. I was bummed.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If any of you are on Europa, I'm happy to show you where the cavern is; it's my swords' favourite farming spot atm, even if the renowned ratties are stupidly hard to kill for no apparent reward.

So far, loot wise, I've had the following

Abyssal Cloth
Powdered Iron & Glass
Lodestone
Crystalline Blackrock
Crystal Shards
Delicate Scales (any idea what those are for? I've not a clue!)
Elven Fletching (see () above)
Essence of Balance
Reflective Wolf Eyes

I daresay I've left something off that list; I'm still trying to get it all organised in my head.

Elven fletching is needed for one of the quests near the soulforge. I just accepted quest and he wants 10 bamboo flutes and an elven fletching. At least now, I know where to get the elven flectching. Do you recall the creature it came off?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe I got mine from the ratmen in the spawn with the plague rats, but I'm not certain if matters which spawn you fight.

A fletcher can now transform farie dust into elven fletching.

M

Myna

it is murphys law that you dont get much of what you are looking for and get other stuff instead.

i am there for seeds and i get lots of cloth .... would i am after cloth i would get seeds

all 3 spawn gives the same stuff, but my experience is that the archers have the best drop rate, then the wolf spawn, and at last the plague rats, but thats just my experience and maybe a feeling only

btw. tailors can make abyssal cloth now

A

Asahina Yajinden

how do you get there besides running all the way through the fire island entrance there's gotta be a faster easier way?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's closer to the Tomb of Kings entrance and you don't have to face crimson dragon-like terror-freeze of the Slasher of Viels while passing him by,

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
go to each flame and say "ord" (on the left) and "anord" (on the right) to lower the barriers of energy and flame. If you have access to enter the abyss (either the Tryall's Shadow or Shrine of Singularity quest), when you reach the guardians down the end of the tunnel, wait for a few moments and a bridge to the moongate will appear.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any one know exactly how the trash part of the cave works? I've done some testing and I've yet to figure it out I wanna be able to throw something away and pick it up haha =)

R

RollinTheTweed

Where do you go to get the quest to be able to enter that gate any help on this matter, thanks.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Ter Mur side? It's in the little valley behind the entrance to the Tomb of Kings. A gargoyle can fly in, but a human/elf will need a rune or a teleport.

The mantra (which you need to speak at the shrine to get the quest) and the book of circles (with the background reading required to answer the quest-quiz correctly) can be found locked down on the floor in the little museum-like building at the far end of the Holy City.