• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Locating MIBs

N

nynyve

I've been using UO automap and have now switched to UP cartographer.

OK at the risk of sounding like a whiner, is there an easier way of transfering the coordinates of a MIB into cartographer.

My number memory is terrible, and typing in the coordinates of 150 mibs into cartographer will be time consuming. Is there a way of copying and pasting the info from the MIB into cartographer?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know about carthographer, but I can set custom marks in the ec:
- open atlas
- rightclick map
- create custom waypoint
- change coordinates to those from a mib
- press ok
- repeat until all mibs are marked
You should only remeber to remove that waypoint after fishing up that mib. You can have as many cutom waypoints as you want. (There might be a limit, I usually only mark about 50 mibs at a time.) Very intersting in this method is, that your marked spots are marked in the game window, too, when you are close enough to your spot. During that process, I arrange my windos in away that I can read the sos while I type the coordinates into the waypoint. That way, I dont need to remember the coordinates too long.

T

Trixrnt4kids

Hi nynyve,
I've recently switched to UO Cartographer (UOC) also ... and had similar questions, as I was sitting a a good number of MIB's.

For anyone not familar with UOC:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=168538
http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1670284&postcount=663

First off, it appears that the UO Assist "Vendor Agent" can't read SOS's like it can BOD's (it would be nice if this could be changed). So... unfortunately you have to open each one up and get the coordinates to plug into your "GPS" program (or onto a piece of paper, etc).

From there, when using UOC, it looks like you have three options from within the program:

Set Destination - Move your mouse/pointer over the UOC map (while your char is not moving .. lol) to the coordinates you wish to go to, then right click and choose "Set Destination". The spot will be marked on the map and you'll have a handy dandy little arrow that shows you which direction you need to go.

Find - Right click anywhere on the map and choose "Find". Click on the "Lat & Long" tab and input the coordinates. Check the "Track?" checkbox and click OK. The spot will be marked on the map and .. yep ... you'll have a handy dandy little arrow that shows you which direction you need to go.

Both of those can be handy but you can only do one at a time ... and if you're like me, you want to do a bunch of SOS's in a single trip, and want to be able to put them all on the map at once so you can plan an efficient trip ... and not sail back and forth over the same area twice.

That leaves...

Add Marker - Right click anywhere on the map and choose "Add Marker". Here you can add a label, choose an icon of your liking by changing the "Category" field, and input coordinates. Unfortunately ... dunno why ... the programmer didn't add the ability to input the coordinates in the Latitude & Longitude format that the SOS gives us. They used the X,Y format instead.

So, we need to convert the Lat & Long coordinates into X,Y format.
I found a couple pieces of info about doing this (links below).

Explanation of both types of coordinates (with formula):
http://uo.stratics.com/uoam/geo.shtml

Information about KR client .. and a spreadsheet that you can download to make the conversions for you:
http://www.spellweave.com/NFKRmaps.html

Now you should be able to convert as many sets of coordinates as you want.
At this point you could input them one by one into UOC ... or you can edit the UOC USER.DAT file that you can find in the UOCartographer folder. If you don't have a file called User.dat, then you might need to manually set a marker (I can't remember) for the file to be created. This file is where all of the markers you create are stored. You can open it using NotePad or any text editor and copy/paste the coordinates from the spreadsheet into it. However, do make note of how the data is formatted (e.g. use the marker you made manually as a guide) and make sure that you follow that format.