• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest Live Auction Lottery | Story Contest - *Deadline Extended*

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm creating a separate thread for the lottery than keeping the information in the original thread. To view the original thread, please view the link below:
Rares Fest - Asuka Rares Fest 2023 Live Auction Rules

Lottery: Write up a short story and submit it through one of three major forms of communication: Discord, ICQ, or Stratics.
  • Story length: Participants would need to submit a short story. Advised length is roughly three paragraphs
  • Story topic: Your favorite memory of your adventures through Ultima Online
  • Deadline for Submission: Friday, November 10th Saturday, November 11th at 5PM Eastern
  • Each submission will be attributed with a number. At the end of the auction, a random number generator will provide the winning number.
  • The winner DOES NOT need to be present
  • All stories will be published so that we all can collectively reminisce on what we each love about Ultima Online
  • Lottery Prize: Hallowed Branch | 1 of 4 item | Valued between 1P-1.5P

Stratics PM: here
Discord: Alexander of ATL.#6008

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The time for entry into the Lottery for the 2023 Asuka Rare's Festival has now expired!
We have four (4) contestants that made it into entry!

:+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+:

Submitter: Landcine
Lottery Number: 1 & 2

"I was lucky during the Trammel land rush and placed a house, but a friend wasn't so fortunate. Because of this, I always kept an eye out for falling houses to help him, and I eventually found a large house collapsing in a distant corner of Felucca. We got into place, and the deed was in his pack. We even had a spot nearby to meet if things went badly.

We waited. The house fell, and my friend ran forward with his deed. BAM! Right into a pincer of PKs. Other desperate people came out of hiding to grab items or place. It was bloody and chaotic. I managed to drag some stuff back to our hiding spot. Eventually, someone managed to place it, and my friend's ghost sulked back.

My friend was filled with despair until I showed him what I'd found. Inside a random crate was a set of open books! Selling most of the books meant we were able to buy him a home. I got to keep the last book as a keepsake. It still sits on my reading table, next to other treasures and memories."

1699740519271.png

:+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+:

Submitter: Austin
Lottery Number: 3 & 4

"So for me my most memorable moments had to be on TC1. A few come to mind through different patches / server resets.

There was one probably in 06-07, I must of been 10 maybe, rushing to get on and try to get either a fel yew house / luna house. Basically anytime the server reset it was a race. After the server would balance out a bit you’d also start to see like “EM” items. I remember getting my hands on glacial sandals at one point and felt cool as hell.

And I can’t forget the wipe I got on to steal a blaze cu spawn from Sadie. She had been farming for a few weeks and I just happened to of checked when she took a break one night and got it"

:+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+:

Submitter: Jason-
Title: A Not So Warm Welcome
Lottery Number: 5 & 6

"UO was in its early days and I would have been around 12-13 years old. My best friends older brother was playing it and we would watch him as often as he would allow. Finally after begging for days he allowed me to make a character.

I made a swordsman and named him Hear Dalis, it was the name on a game card sitting by the computer. I start fighting in the GY outside Brit and after a while I went north and started exploring. For a while the only thing I would run into was an Ettin. However after a bit I made contact with my first ever UO "friend".

After talking for a moment he does what any polite friend would do and invites me to his house nearby. It was a small little cottage and I was excited to visit. I walk up and make my way inside and before I know it my screen goes dark and I am running around as a ghost saying OoOOoO. First I thought the game had an earthquake or somthing had glitched. However i soon found out that walking in a house during this time it would turn you grey to the owner and I had been lured there as a trick.
To some this may have been a turn off. However for me it started what would turn in to a 25 year love for a game in which the first 10-12yr I don't think I left fel. In my 2k+ murder counts I don't think I ever got revenge on the guy that tricked me, but I probably owe him a thank you. The excitement that followed my confusion made for some amazing tims and landed me some awesome friends!"

Submitter: ShortAxe
Lottery Number: 7 & 8

"Ultima Online was one of the very first video games I got to play as a kid... I remember watching my father play every time he got on the game. It didnt matter if he was in T2A in the Desert dragging Orphidians back to the hill you could teleport up on, and then casting EV's to make quick work of them, Or if he was on his bard dexxer making two dragons fight each other while he cut at them with his kryss. I knew I had to play this game.. I could barely read/write at the time. So Ultima Online, really taught me how to read/type...

Eventually I got my shot at Britannia! In a world where people were already running around with 5 dragons!, Arsenals of Silver Vanquishing wepons, Guild mates, and much more than I even knew. Here I was figuring out how to use a mouse.. couldnt really communicate with anyone but loving every second of it. Before I knew it I was Fighting Ettins and Ogres in Despise or Orcs and Undead Mobs at the City of the Damned just outside of Delucia.

My favorite memory of Ultima online is a hard one to pinpoint... From killing my first PK, or The Trinsic Invasion, doing my first Harrower, or even placing my first house, Theres too many great memories to give one the title of my favorite. Lets not forget being able to steal somoenes wepon and kill them with it... or the rush of being chased by a group of people and getting a human hide off while running around someones house, and seeing them all blow past you. I think My Favorite thing about Ultima Online is that everybodys favorite Experiences are different and that there was something here for everyone!"

:+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+: --- :+:

We have four individuals who submit entries into the lottery for the Hollow Branch event item.

I will use a lucky dealer to determine the winner. The lucky dealer will roll a single dice with eight (8) sides.
Lottery will be drawn at the conclusion of the Live Auction. Winner does NOT need to be present.
Landicine: #1 & 2
Austin: #3 & 4
Jason-: #5 & 6
ShortAxe: #7 & 8