• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Little question about EC Client

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Howdy all ! I tried to look everywhere on internet but i couldn't find a way to solve my problem with EC, so i decided to try to ask here if maybe someone has a fix for it. Lately i moved in Japan and so i'm playing, when i have time, on Japanese shards to train a bit my japanese. But i have a big problem with EC: when i write in chat in Japanese letters, i get always just ???????. On my computer i have Windows 11 and i use IME to write in japanese. And it works for everything except EC and i can't understand why. The only work around i found is writing what i want in notepad/word and then paste/copy in game. In this way works but it's really annoying as system. I asked already also to the EM of the shard where i'm playing if maybe there they don't use EC and instead he told me that Japanese players write in EC without problems. I tried to find something on internet without any luck and playing in CC (where i can write in game without problems) from a laptop is a bit hard. So my question is: anyone has the same problem or know a fix for this? Or maybe it's WIN 11 that doesn't communicate well with UOEC?
Thank you all for the help !

Magichands

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Windows IME (Input Method Editor ) is the windows software component that enables to input text in a language that can't be represented easily on a standard QWERTY keyboard like in many asian language.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I tried to follow the instruction in the link but didn't work :(... Anyway thank you very much for the help ! ;)