• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Little Help on Disco and Provo Gains, low skills

G

Hi everyone,

I´m started a new char as bard, and mine gains on provo and disco are too low, i have 51.02 of disco and 67.00 of provo, i was trying to disco ettin and earth elementals at dispise lvl1, and provo them too, but gains are too slow for such a low level skill..., gains at this level should be faster i thing...

Where can i train for better gains..., i read in the guide that lava lizards and drakes..., but i wouldnt survive these in destard... , and dont know a 'safe' place with lava lizards...

Thanks for the attention.

G

Well Lava lizards can be found in the lava area just above Gargoyle city in Illishinar and if u die run to city for a rez.

Things that can help with gaining is to vary the instrument, in the FAQ it will explain how Exp gives a bonus over normal and slayers and opposing slayers can adjust your ability level as well. I quite often find a critter I like hunting and when the gains slowed I would use an opposing slayer to put me back in good gain territory.

Disco can go faster if you hav a friend that is a tamer, hav him tame 8x creatures in your range by the time your discoing the 8th guy the disco will wear off first, your tamer friend might hav to stop by every hr or so to keep them from going wild but thats easy.

Provo pretty much just repeat repeat repeat, you can get gains off monsters you have already succeed in getting fighting which is why I like monsters with high hps so I can continue working for awhile without looking for a new provo partners

J

joblackjon

I've always wondered about the "8 Tamed creatures" technique since a Tamer has only 5 control slots. I guess you need 2 cooperating Tamers for single slot Tames. And when you get up to CUs, you need 8 cooperating Tamers? Moreover these Cu Tamers won't be able to take out any other pets while your training.

Somehow this doesn't seem feasible especially at the Cu level...unless one employed an exploit???

I

imported_Farsight

<blockquote><hr>

I've always wondered about the "8 Tamed creatures" technique since a Tamer has only 5 control slots. I guess you need 2 cooperating Tamers for single slot Tames. And when you get up to CUs, you need 8 cooperating Tamers? Moreover these Cu Tamers won't be able to take out any other pets while your training.

Somehow this doesn't seem feasible especially at the Cu level...unless one employed an exploit???

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea is to use non aggressive animals to discord, then you can let them go wild.

G

Thanks for the help, but i think im doing something wrong.... cause gains are to slow..., about taming creatures, i,ve tryed it with polar bears..., i have a tamer, so i tamed like 10 or more polar bear and release all of em in my house..., and log out the tamer and log in the bard..., but gains to slow anyway..., i disco every polar and then i invis myself to disco again.... , i did this like for an hour but i gain only .2 ..., i think this gain is too slow for 53 of disco..., what im doing wrong....

i read the pooh guide..., things dont happen that fast..., or something change, cause the post is too old..., dunno if some publish change something... or im doing with the wrong pet...., anyway plz help me to gain something, by the way im not gm music... i have only 89..., dont know if this is the problem...

thanks for the help.

G

I would start off by getting your music to GM, no higher for now. At 89 you will still fail the music check fairly often which will in turn slow down your gains in provo/disco.

G

Ok, i´m raising my music now..., but when i become GM, i still continue to try polar bear or something else???

G

I've worked alot of skills in this game, and the barding skills are amongst the hardest to get gains. I think you just need to be patient and resign yourself to the fact that it is going to take you some time to get these skills up. Once you're there, it's well worth all the hard work. Some of the creatures I trained on when I was low on skills were frenzied ostards and blue beetles. Build cages in your house, tame and release pets inside the cages and provoke them onto each other and do disco at the same time. I also always seemed to get good gains in the Twisted Wield off satyres, pixies and dryads.

Good luck!

G

Thanks for the help..., i´ll try this cage thing with frienzed ostards..., tomorrow i´ll say something about the gains....

G

I´m not Gm Music yet, but ringed i get gm, and i was trying to disco some frenzed ostards..., and i had some gains..., thanks u all for the help....

M

Motom

As stated by others you will want to have gm music - no more, no less. Below gm you will sometimes fail a music check when provoking/discoing and have not chance to gain on that attempt. Greater then gm music is like having higher disco/provoke then you really have so it also reduces gains. Gm music is the best possible scenario.

For most gains you will want to provoke/disco creatures that you have about a 50% chance to succeeed at. Aim for between 40-60%. Use normal/exceptional/slayer weapons as appropriate.

For example at gm music/50 provoke you have a 40% chance to provoke two earth elementals with an exceptional instrument. Once you hit 60 provoke though you will have a 60% chance to provoke them so it's time to switch instruments. Switching to a normal instrument brings your chance to provoke those earthies down to 50%, allowing you to gain well up to about 65 provoke at which point you will be back to a 60% chance to succeed. Once again it's time to switch instruments - this time to an opposing slayer like say a daemon slayer. Once again your chance to succeed is brought back down to 40%, allowing you to gain well until you reach 75 skill where you will once again be at 60%.

So as you can see you can gain off of provoking earth elementals from 50 all the way to 75 skill simply by using the right instrument at the right time. Actually you could even started at 45 skill using an earth elemental slayer placing your provoke chances at 40%

The barding calculator is your friend, enter your stats and try various mobs to find what keeps your in your sweet spot for gains for whatever skill you are at

http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/bardingdifficulty.php