• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Little bit of a political gripe..

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I live in Wisconsin.

Governer Scott Walker is trying to pass a budget cut that basically cuts many of our state employees income by 15-18%. Of course some of those that would be affected are upset.

Why? With the recession, some government funded programs have used up way more funds than they should have to help those "in need". People are getting their wages cut so that 6000 people won't need to be fired in July.

Now, leave it to the liberals. People are talking about violent protests, and the governer has the national guard on stand bye.

Here is what I feel. I can't say this out loud, or on facebook, because I think some people I know IRL would try to stab me with a shiv or a ballpoint pen.

Quit your ****ing whining. Does it suck to get a pay cut? Yes. Welcome to the recession. People in the private sector have been getting pay cuts and benefits slashed for the past two years. This is the way businesses are ran. Budgets get ****ed up? You're loosing money instead of breaking even or making money? Guess what - **** needs to change.

I work in the private sector. My income was cut by 25% when they removed any possibility for my commission back in 2009. Then my health insurance went from 50% covered to 25% covered. Then I had to start paying for underground parking at my office building. Then they stopped matching 401k contributions. Was I upset? Yes. Did I threaten to go on strike or whine NONSTOP to everyone that will listen? No. If you don't like your compensation you can do one of two things:

1.) Get over it and live with it.
2.) Quit, find a new job.

No one is forcing you to work for the state.

In closing, PLEASE, shut the **** up.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yep. My wife and I are federal employees. Budget cuts and pay freezes suck, but so does:

--Trillions of dollars of debt
--Stagnate economy
--Declining U.S. mandate (sucks for us Americans--not for others)
--Falling value of the dollar

I genuinely feel bad for civil servants whose salaries were cut, but hey...at least we have jobs.

M

Major Miner II

I live in Wisconsin.

Governer Scott Walker is trying to pass a budget cut that basically cuts many of our state employees income by 15-18%. Of course some of those that would be affected are upset.

Why? With the recession, some government funded programs have used up way more funds than they should have to help those "in need". People are getting their wages cut so that 6000 people won't need to be fired in July.

Now, leave it to the liberals. People are talking about violent protests, and the governer has the national guard on stand bye.

Here is what I feel. I can't say this out loud, or on facebook, because I think some people I know IRL would try to stab me with a shiv or a ballpoint pen.

Quit your ****ing whining. Does it suck to get a pay cut? Yes. Welcome to the recession. People in the private sector have been getting pay cuts and benefits slashed for the past two years. This is the way businesses are ran. Budgets get ****ed up? You're loosing money instead of breaking even or making money? Guess what - **** needs to change.

I work in the private sector. My income was cut by 25% when they removed any possibility for my commission back in 2009. Then my health insurance went from 50% covered to 25% covered. Then I had to start paying for underground parking at my office building. Then they stopped matching 401k contributions. Was I upset? Yes. Did I threaten to go on strike or whine NONSTOP to everyone that will listen? No. If you don't like your compensation you can do one of two things:

Don't worry. He's notified the National Guard to be on standby in case of an uprising.

You should be safe.

*rollseyes*

F

Fayled Dhreams

*shrugs*
Should have cut the programs/jobs then?
no money = ain't no mo money = maxed out credit card ...

how much can a "state issued" IOU >buy< ?
Ask Kansas and California ...

Who is paying the nat-guard?
They maybe volunteers ... but ... they ain't "volunteering" for free ... savvy?
Who owns their "gear"? State? Federal?

Has the federal government >ceeded control< of any of Wis?

*shrugs*
National Guard of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'Tain't as simple a question as it may appear ...
DHS and Posse Comitatus and *shudder* Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1 - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

turns it all upside down ...
besides ... it's Wisconsin :danceb:

L

Longforge

I live in Wisconsin.

I would have to agree with what you are saying.

It actually is about an 8% paycut for those folks in Wisconsin. With that said, I do not believe that public employees have any business being in Unions. Most in this country have long forgotten the point and purpose of why Unions even happened in the first place.

First, go back 50-60 years when there were no real "labor laws". You worked for basically peanuts, were treated like utter crap, you had no recourse on a company who could kill you in the line of work, and zero saftety standards. That established the need for Unions - and it worked and it was a positive thing. Labor back then was a single digit ding to a companys profits. We have laws now.

Public employees unionizing is a total joke in my opinion. I used to be one and the benefits were absurd. For the productivity that was expected of me for the rate I was being paid... HA. I liked my 4 weeks of vacation. 2 weeks of sick leave. Almost free medical care. And I really actually applied my skills to it for about 2-3 hours per day - the other hours were work that a trained chimp could do.

So no, I don't really care about the whining. Private unionized workers get what they want because the company can afford it. State/Muni workers are not working for a "for profit" entity, therefore need to realize that budget cuts begin with their rear ends. It is truly that simply of a conclusion. I do believe that people should be paid a good wage if the money is there to support it. IN THIS CASE THE MONEY ISNT THERE. Mr. Governor didnt wake up and just say... "Oh, lets "f" with the public employees for the fun of it". They should be out protesting the fact that their children don't even need to be able to read their high school diplomas in order to earn one.

I know a lot of people who would rather have less vacation, less sick leave, a little higher health insurance, etc... that amounts to an 8% PAYCUT rather than being unemployed having to apply 100 places before they find a job again. I haven't gotten a raise in TWO YEARS, and I am in Senior Management of a multi-million dollar company. I'm just flat out thankful for my job at the end of the day.

Not to mention, that Wisconsin governer CAMPAIGNED on that platform and is delivering the majority's will. What a friggin shock that most of our public employees are democrats???

/end rant