• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Littering the streets of New Haven

• Thread starter imported_Grigg of Einhorn
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Grigg of Einhorn

I have had some of my fellow guild members harassed about picking up junk on the ground to smelt into ingots to make useable items. The one member guild of Healer Monks of Doom claims it is wrong. I would like to point out that items are created through three primary mechanisms in the world of UO.

Player Characters skilled in manufacturing crafting them.

Items can be created by NPC shopkeepers out of thin air, or items sold by the Player Characters who sell them to the NPC’s.

Items are created as "booty" carried by the monsters and become available when the monster is killed. This "loot" mechanic is the method by which the majority of items are created.

There is a programmed mechanism worked into the system so that when an item is left on the ground, it is deleted automatically by the server within a few minutes to ensure that the world does not accumulate junk. Even the programmers of the world realizes that items on the ground are junk, and it is no different to pick up an old sword and convert it into usable ingots, then to pick up reagents or items that spawn on the ground or in dungeons,

I am all for helping new characters, I have made it a point to help new characters. Assist them in training, or actually presenting them with armor or weapons is far superior to leaving things on the ground in hopes they will figure out what they need and how to use it. You are doing them more harm then good by leaving random crap on the ground that they have no idea of manipulating.

Leave crafters to perform their task in the game as they see fit. They have as much right, and pay the same fees for the game as everyone else. At least they are not out “gaking noobs” for fun. If you do not wish to have someone pick up your old junk and recycle it, please do not dump it all over the ground.

I

imported_GFY

LOL Ganking NOOBS is FUN!

Seriously though, I see nothing wrong with "recycling" items left on the ground. Someone left them for someone to pick up and obviously didn't care who picked them up. So why are they bothering you? You have just as much right to pick up something left on the ground as the next guy. If the person wants to help someone else let them give the item to someone in stead of dropping it.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sir, this entire issue was resolved in BMC court by the President of your own guild.

1. You are making a false claim of harassment.
2. You refuse to accept the judgement of your own court and the President of your guild.

Perhaps, you should also state for the record that your own guild member apologized publicly for the action that brought this entire issue to BMC court.

My friend Yasuki, followed your rules, appeared in your court and received a fair and acceptable judgement by the President of your guild. However you have chosen to voice your dissention publicly, humiliating your own guild members and re-opening an issue that had been resolved amicably.

I also take issue with your weak attempt to slander the reputation of my friend Yasuki. He is a healer monk who cures, heals and resurrects any who fall in Doom. The only reason he formed a guild is so that his title "Resurrection, Healer Monks of Doom" would be plainly visible to all. It is not a matter of vanity.

Yasuki has asked me to advise you that he intends to contact the President of your guild and ask that his claim against you be re-instated and you be brought to trial for your reprehensible conduct and your slanderous and untrue statements.

Personally I think that you should be disciplined for making public statements regarding matters settled in your own Guild Court. Yasuki is not a member of your guild yet he accepted the invation to appear in BMC court and stated his case, accepting the resolution offered by your own President.

You sir, are not a gentleman!

-Sam

G

One of the funnest memories i have , beeing a newbie in the UO world was recalling from city to city scouting out what goodies people left on the ground.

Back then there was no Haven , but the best stuff i got collecting in brit

Thats one of the reasons New Haven doesn't have a trash bin eather (well at least it never had one , havent checked latly :p)

Finding all those "treassures" on the ground , not understanding why in the world anyone would throw them away, keeping some selling others for a couple of coins.

To this day when i have some stuff no longer of value to me , i like to drop it in NH.
I find it a nice geasture and one of the special thinks that makes UO so diffrent to other games.

If you really need to smelt for iron ingots , do a couple of runns through any mine, 10 minutes and you will have just as many iron bars as trash weapons give

I

The opinions I express are mine alone, and I am not speaking as a representative of the BMC here and now.

Thanks Sam, I think you fail to notice, this was posted prior to the court case you refer too, so I await your retraction. The issue was dead till you saw fit to revitalize it with your own inaccurate portrayal of how events unfolded.

You were obviously not in Court when Yasuki was misrepresenting his case; or lied claiming he had never approached me. And you seem to think you can blindly take his word for how events transpired when he also stated in court that he and Jennifer had no witnesses. So obviously, Sam, You sir, are not a gentleman!

The BMC is a guild of wonderfully generous people and because we do not ‘litter’ the streets does not mean we are not also actively helping new players cope with the virtual world. Your opinions, while valid to you, are based on incorrect information and hearsay. I will stand up for any one of my Guild Members, that is how much I trust them all in the BMC. And if they are challanged, I will take their word over that of someone I witnessed lying in our Courtroom, but I also stand alone here in my conviction. Do not brand the BMC with any sins you think me accountable.

I

BTW, Sam, are you also Yasuki, Peter, Linda and Michael?

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sir, your post showing this link on your own Guild bulletin board at your guild headquarters was made after this case was resolved.

You have the option to edit or delete remarks. Yet you chose to leave the guild name of my friend in your post.

If it werent for your accusations you would have just been making an opinion post, however since you included an accusation of harassment and pointed a finger at the Healer Monks of Doom, your statements can not be taken as a casual post.

You claim Yasuki lied, "Claiming he never approached me." Sir, in your own court Yasuki stated he spoke to you, are you deaf? In a private meeting with your guild President prior to trial he discussed talking with you, and your poor handling of the entire situation.

You have chosen to mangle the truth at every opportunity, and I dont accept your claim that you didnt make your post as a representive of your guild! Is it not your name signed on the post?

-Sam

I

Yes Sam, look at the time, 10 hours later, after your friend had posted a question of where I had this posted, I poseted that so he could find it. You really can't follow logic very well, can you. Are you asking me to be condescending and agree with you, Okay I will, I said in my statement index #7599455 My opinions here are my own, and I stand by That, so where is Yasuki to speak to me directly, or are you allowed to be his advocate, yet you do not allow me to defend my own friends?

Your friend said he hates guilds, so he formed one he could be an island in, If that isn't antisocial behavior, I wasted 4 years in college studying psychology. He obviously has a problem with the BMC, Tell the truth, was he a former member who left under less then desirable circumstances? Is that why he even has a rune to our President and Vice President's homes to make his claims? Or Want to be honest, lay it on the table, son.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Yes Sam, look at the time, 10 hours later...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I see that... has the Edit function failed on your computer? My point is the situation was resolved by your Guild President and yet you persist in making inflammatory comments.

You made your post BEFORE, the trial... but your post REMAINS even after the situation was resolved. Can you follow that logic?

Oh, and I dont know who the other folks are that you mention but you caught me... Sam and Yasuki are the same. So I guess that means that anything Sam writes is acceptable as a firsthand witness? Yes... it does.

And one more example of your lies... You claim Yasuki says he hates guilds? When was this said? I gave the reason for the one man guild. No hate involved. Your college training in Psychology tells you that people in one man guilds must be antisocial? Neat.

Either way... last post on this. As I pointed out I went along with the trial, was respectful to your President/Judge, accepted the apology of your guildmade and was ready to put this behind me. But you didnt get to speak in court did you? Yasuki's objection to you being a witness made you sit on the sidelines and watch. I bet that burned you up didnt it? Couldn't get your two cents in at your own Guild Court.

-Safe Travels,

I

Ah, Sammy, Sammy, Sammy I doubt that was your last post, your necrotic tendencies will not allow you to give up that easily.

So you admit you really are also Yasuki, So your earlier statement he was you 'Friend' was another lie, and you chose to deliberately misrepresent yourself with a false persona. So you are an admitted liar, and still you persist in this. You really are (and I stress, this is my own Personal Opinions) a sad pathetic little man who has his theories in hand and thinks a few large words will cause everyone to bow down to him.

The post, I am glad to see you realize, WAS posted before the trial. The content of it is valid and true, and I saw no reason to remove it because it is equally valid and true.

Yes, being antisocial and also showing obvious signs of suffering from psychotic depression I think it is a breakthrough, but talking about Sam in the third person even after you admit he is also you, tisk tisk tisk. Someone is off his medication. Fortunately, your lies turned out to be as transparent as your flimsy charges against poor Jen. Please leave her and all BMC members alone and direct all your angst toward me

I

So anyway great work with the OBM! Peter/Linda/Michael/Yasuki. Nice following you are acquiring there, however, as I told you several times, Seb is not interested in any alliances. But you have your own guild and over seven alliances, so consider the time you had in the BMC a fantastic learning tool on how a good guild runs.

I

See! I know you better then you know yourself, you are so 'owned'.

I

imported_Ishtar

This thread has now served it's purpose, and before it leads to flaming and trolling it will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.