• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

List Of Items Illegal To Own In UO

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hiya everyone,

It was mentioned recently in another thread that it would be nice to have a list of all the items that are currently illegal to own so people will know for sure which items can get deleted and which will not.

Since the developers have never provided a genuine list of all possible items that are not legal to own in UO, we will have to make the list ourselves. When the list is complete, I'll move it to the "Archives" part of the rares forum so we will always have it as a reference.

Please post the names of any items you can think of that are illegal to own. If you have screenshots of them, or a screenshot of a developer saying they are illegal, those would be greatly appreciated as well. If you would rather PM me the screenshots that is fine and I will not say who they came from. I'll edit the original post to add the items/pictures to the list as they are posted.

The List of Items Illegal to Own:

1. Neon dye tubs

2. Portable forge (can be carried in backpack and used to smelt ore)

forge.jpg

3. Portable anvil (can be carried in backpack and used to create items)

4. Portable bank box (can be carried in backpack and used to access the bank)

5. Portable water tile (can be carried in backpack and can be used to fish from backpack)

Water%20Tile_zps6kkciwig.png

6. Ethereal clothing (crook, robe, cloak, doublet, boots, bandana, skirt, kilt etc. anything that can be made with cloth)

EtherealCrook.png

7. Glacial and Void colored ingots

ingots.png Untitled99.jpg

8. Tamed Ancient Wyrm

9. Tamed Silver Steed

10. Field of Fire

fieldoffire.png

11. Any glacial item made out of cloth (pants, bandana, robe, cloak etc.) and the glacial cloth itself.

Untitled.png

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
to #6 - there are full suits of clothing - so skirts, doublets, boots, kilts, long pants, robes, bandanna, etc... Anything that could be made with duped cloth.

I just don't see the difference in europa gold cloth, tangle hue cloth, and this cloth... It's all widely duped.

Chanel #1

Adventurer
Even though it's owned by a single person, isn't glacial cloth/clothing other than the doggy duped pants and bandana on that list?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even though it's owned by a single person, isn't glacial cloth/clothing other than the doggy duped pants and bandana on that list?
I have never heard of Glacial clothing being deleted, only Ethereal.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, is this true for the water tile in a box or only movable tiles?
I researched threads here on Stratics about that when I created the thread and found one where Mesanna told someone that as long as the water tile is still inside the box, it is not illegal, but once someone chops the box and makes it movable it becomes illegal. I'm not sure why that is, but Mesanna said it. I'll try to find what she said again.

Edit:

Found it, will copy/paste below.

[Price Check] - Water Tile

MadMartyr
There certainly appears to be some confusion, if what you told me earlier this year is true. Users are reporting that they were banned as little as six months ago for possessing a water tile.

Mesanna
well considering it can be fished in its illegal
as far as having it
nothing will be done
umm
I doubt they were banned
and if they were banned for that I would unban them
or do my best to get them unbanned

MadMartyr
It can't be fished from. I always get the message that the fish don't seem to be biting.
In the thread, I documented where I've tried.

Mesanna
how much does it weigh

MadMartyr
255 stones.

Mesanna
so here is the story then

MadMartyr
Yellow item, no properties, immovable from the container it's in.

Mesanna
if it can't be fished from
right no one should have been banned
but once you break that crate
its there
GM's will only delete it
not make it light or move it
but no bannings for it
been in the game way to long for that

MadMartyr
OK. Can I throw your name in as source, then?

Mesanna
sure

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But yeah there are a number of illegal pets, I just hope my 2 Imps aren't illegal. Bought them both for 100m each and was told they werent illegal as owner had spoken to Mesanna

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Last I heard, Mesanna made it so #5 doesn't actually produce resources (fish) or skill gains, so they're legal to own now.

#7, I think there were ore piles in glacial and void which also aren't legal (if any still exist)

An addition for the list, Coelacanth's Ugly Platemail is legal to own (with direct permission from Mesanna) but is not legal to trade.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
to #6 - there are full suits of clothing - so skirts, doublets, boots, kilts, long pants, robes, bandanna, etc... Anything that could be made with duped cloth.

I just don't see the difference in europa gold cloth, tangle hue cloth, and this cloth... It's all widely duped.
Europa, tangle, etc are all just hues. They maybe came from various exploits or other methods, but they're just hues. "Ethereal" is not a hue. It is a "transparent" flag on an item which turns it semi-transparent. It is tested for the few things that are supposed to be ethereal, like ethy mounts, but otherwise, it's untested, and in theory could crash the client.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
Europa, tangle, etc are all just hues. They maybe came from various exploits or other methods, but they're just hues. "Ethereal" is not a hue. It is a "transparent" flag on an item which turns it semi-transparent. It is tested for the few things that are supposed to be ethereal, like ethy mounts, but otherwise, it's untested, and in theory could crash the client.
I know in theory this is not the place for this, but a client would fall much harder based on the mounts than the limited amount of ethereal items still left in game. They are not based on cuttable cloth, but on an error in a game expansion.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last I heard, Mesanna made it so #5 doesn't actually produce resources (fish) or skill gains, so they're legal to own now.
Yeah #5 is a non-issue anymore. As far as I know all the water tiles in a bag are no producing and non skill gaining and are legal to have.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I really miss owning #2. Portable forge (can be carried in backpack and used to smelt ore)... though isn't very useful any more with Fire Beetles in game now hehe

What about those Green Dragons?

Green Dragon.png

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
what is a "belt pouch"? where did it come from and why is it considered an illegal item?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No clue on how they happen to go green but heard of some players trying to sell some in game
I think the green dragons are from a glitch while fighting Medusa. During the fight Medusa randomly turns pets into stone temporarily and they turn that color, but some pets were getting stuck like that forever and even when the fight ended they stayed green. Not sure if those are legal or not.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think the green dragons are from a glitch while fighting Medusa. During the fight Medusa randomly turns pets into stone temporarily and they turn that color, but some pets were getting stuck like that forever and even when the fight ended they stayed green. Not sure if those are legal or not.
Don't ever remember the Medusa ones being bugged green. I thought they were usually a brownish or brownish red type color and those have never been deemed illegal nor delete on sight that I have ever saw. The green ones I have always heard were from some kind of straight exploit and was a "delete color on sight" deal, but I have never been able to actually confirm that... just rumor

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just notice an armor rating on the dragon in the lore gump... that suggests there is a barding deed on it doesn't it? that isn't normally there right?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Field of Fire

i emailed mesanna about one for possible sale and she said they were illegal to own.

fieldoffire.png

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had one of those a very long time ago. My memory could be playing tricks on me lol but I think they spawned on liches for a while but were never intended to be part of the game. At least that's what I think I remember from when I researched them 10+ years ago. Pretty sure they were delete on sight for a while as well.
But they are NOW legal to own :) per the Stratics wiki!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We were once given an account that had a 'portable forge' on it, it wasn't as in the image here, it was part of a large forge (sort of 'goza chopped' before gozas existed). Knowing it was illegal we shoved it in one of the inherited character's bank boxes and then deleted the character.