• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Line of sight cut off timer for Provocation ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could not find this information where I looked.

Does anyone know what the cut off timer is for Provocation Line of Sight ?

Instant ? A few seconds (how many) ?

That is, if a Bard succesfully provokes 2 targets against each other and then leaves or hides, will the provoke effect end immediately (NPCs will stop fighting each other) ? After a few seconds (how many) ?

Thanks.

Q

Quilnn

No, the fight will continue until either one of them dies. One may try to walk off if it becomes too injured, but the fight will continue if the provoker leaves the screen.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
it seems to be a little more then line of site.

i know from when we where doing the turkeys i was able to run off screen to fetch more turkeys and the pack of turkeys i had provo'd where still fighting.

not sure about the invis thing though.

should be easy enough to test though.

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any damage that's caused by the provokes to each other such as spells or a bleed attack can possibly keep them fighting regardless of whether the bard is in the line of sight or not.

Creatures that don't have magic or special attacks will fight exactly as long as LG said: 11 seconds.