• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Line in the Water

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I had heard of the wormhole at Sea a way to make it to the shattered worlds, the chaos within that new world was overwhelming yet exciting. My little framed body managed to duck between the crowds in Luna here as much as i hated the thought coming to mind , I almost wanted a nice quiet place to just sit down and breathe. Staring at the moongate, a magical development which had changed my savage life forever, I found myself chosing what would be familar and walking into the city of Moonglow still fewer people here then that rat race Luna, this world sure wasn't dead. I had heard on this world the Dragon Clan had a trading post near the docks and I would make my way to the docks. Making a stop at the Trading Company I persuaded the shop keeper for names of a sailor brave enough to get me back to the worm hole and back home.

At the docks I saw what had been described as the sailor I would need to speak with, somewhat filthy and smelly the aroma from the clothing he wore myst be set into the cloth from non washing of his clothes. Taking a deep breath of fresh air before I stepped closer to what seemed to me as a vagrant. As I tryed holding my breath so as not to get a whiff of that stank, I had to exhale long enough to speak to him. Gently nudging the half passed out man (or whatever it was)I waved a bag of coin and opened the pouch so nice view was within his eye sight. Looking up at me smiling with his One big front tooth hanging out I knew he had taken the bait to get me through the worm hole and attempt to get me Home !

The large sailor had made way to his ship at the docks and as he stood aboard the ship, looking up to him standing there he seemed as big as a mountain as my tiny foot reached to get to the edge of the ship to board, the mountain of a man grabbed my hand and yanked me aboard practically tossing me to the deck. Blinking I wipe the lock of hair from across my face and manage to stand. This was going to be a long trip ! Confirming that very thought the Sea Serpents near the bay of the docks began to swarm the boat, as I closed my eyes with the one thought " Oh great not even at sea and we already have problems" , before I could open my eyes I felt the gust of wind catch the sail and we swiftly were carried out to sea, and my Trip Begins.....

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Uncertain how long I had been at sea, nor even the fact if we were still in Atlantic or if we had been swept away to Catskills. Scanning the horizons I watch as Marlin lepap from the water as if in a game of tag, smiling my thoughts go to my Sister, wondering if she had left that fortress on that frigid island or what she must be doing now. My departure forced her into taking the position which was rightfully hers, Guild Mistress of the Dragon Clan. At that very instant a heavy gust of wind caught the ship and began spinning it in circles light was no longer all I could focus on was darkness and everything spinning, till I lost my balance and fell to my knee's on the deck. Closing my eyes to keep from being nauseous from the motion of the ship spinning, it felt as if we were being sucked under the sea, that same feeling I had coming to this world Atlantic and perhaps now I am on my way home.....

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Blinking my eyes I am uncertain is this a dream , am i only dreaming of blinking my eyes. Everything around me seems like a shell of all that has occurred in my life. It is as if I am in a bubble under the sea watching all those from my life and seeing the difficulties they are enduring. The Marlins I have watched for days seem to taunt me as if they are what holds me within this bubble and tease me by not popping it and letting me out. I watch Jaden as she is stuck in the mountains in the north at a harbor next to the sea, so much bad around her and I can not break free to help her, she does not even know she is within the middle of Pirates, Smugglers .....while Aleera, my mother is taking control of DragonStone, i have to get out of this BUBBLE !

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Another morning I awake and as if I am looking out from a bubble under the sea The Marlin still taunt me as if my prison guards here, this morning however right outside the bubble where i awoke hidden among the seaweed I see movement and eyes glaring back at me, sitting up I motion my head as if to come closer towards me swims a beautiful fish hues of blue and as if jeweled like a King, opening its mouth as if to speak to me all that rolls out are bubbles, heart shaped bubbles as if smiling at me I notice a wink if its eye and off it swims as the marlin approach. Frowning I think how much I would like to get my hands on those fish. The visions again begin and I can see Jaden standing behind Dagda in Blackthorn Castle and some Odd man seems to be at the Kings table ranting, unable to tell what is being said I can see the smile On Jaden's face as if it must be . Then the visions switches to Aleera and the bond she is aquiring with our Guild. Pacing inside the bubble I find a locker of the captains perhaps something useful will be inside to help me break free of this prison. Tosing out clothing and funny looking hats I find a book, dusting off the cover I see the the Word "Grimoire", turning open the cover I begin to read.....

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Tucking the Grimoire into my satchel, blinking as I think of this new magic that has fascinated me reading, something I will practice and a book I shall keep. The marlin still taunt me knowing with a slight nudge of their pointy nose would pop this bubble and release me yet they keep me here. My other magics are strong, I learned much from magic school with Avalon, so practicing this dark magic should be a cinch and the dead bodies laying on the sea's floor outside my bubble could be just the trick to get me outta here so the first spell I read just happens to need those dead bodies and with those undead allies perhaps freedom is soon coming. Closing my eyes, as if not seeing will help, I begin to chant the words "Uus Corp", blinking open my eyes, I can see it didnt work, channeling all my magic energy I begin again " Uus Corp, Uus Corp" I can feel a darkness cloud over me and with more determination again I speak " Uus Corp" as the flow of engery flows through my body, blinking my eyes open I see them the flesh eaten dead bodies beginning to stir, the smelly Captain's dead body sitting straight up, rising to his feet my magic sends him to the bubble as the marlin swim closer trying to distract the undead, he grabs one by the tail flinging it towards the bubble landing nose first into the side of the bubble, As water comes rushing into my bubble my thoughts were " was this really what I wanted to die under the sea" , taking a deep breath, I the bubble soon becomes engulfed with the incoming water, flowing into the bubble with such force the entire bubble collapses as I begin to swim toward surface. Choking as I hit the surface and take a breath of air. Not far from me I can see land, not knowing where or what land this will be I swim towards it. Over head I can hear the screech of an Owl, could it be? How could it, how could I be lucky enough to be in my Home Land and that be my friend Raghara.

Reaching the shore I inhale deeply and look around, stands just a few feet from me stood the bird, the bird who had flew over as i reached the surface of the water. Smiling I look at the bird and the words " Raghara I am so happy to see you" roll from my lips. Mid winter my wet clothes are like wearing ice, and my entire body shivers, I can see smoke and smell the burning wood of a Cherry Tree burning. Whoever lives there I only hope they are kind enough to lend me dry clothes and let me warm from their fire. Rushing towards the smell of the wood burning the sight of a small cottage near the mountain range I make haste to get to the door. Knocking on the door it soon opens, there standing before me a wrinkled old woman, smiling at me she speaks " What has taken you so long? I have been expecting you days ago. Come hurry child get inside before you freeze to death" Stepping inside it is nice an warm, as the old woman disappears into a room, or a closest that part was questionable, she reappears with an arm full of clothes and a blanket. "here you go, now change out of those wet clothes" , taking the clothes I ask " Where am I?", as I hear her slightly giggle " My child you are near Minoc" , looking around the cottage it seems to be a little creepy Toads in Jars, spiders in jars next to the Toads, herbs and reagents of all sorts in vials and bottles, a line of many different colored potions lined up across shelves, beads strung and hanging. Hearing a slight noise over head in the rafters I look up as a Bat hangs upside down staring back at me. Yet the old woman seems to be kind and helpful and at this point I just want to warm up and get out of these cold wet clothes. Changing I hang my wet clothing over a changing screen and get handed a cup with some nice smelling liquid inside. Looking into the cup , I am not sure if I should drink it or pour it into a potted plant near me. As the old lady giggles at me, watching me " Go ahead child, it wont harm you, its broth", Raising a brow I look back into the cup, " but, but broth of ....What?" , thinking it could very well be broth of Toads feet for all I know. I can hear Raghara, coo from a branch outside the cottage window, looking out it was almost a sign from him it would be ok. So I raise the cup to my lips and slightly take a small sip, running my tongue across my top lip, " Well this is good" I say to the Old Woman, as I see her smiling at me " I told you I am not going to harm you, just tjhink of me as your *as she coughs* , your Fairy God-Mother" " Now finish the broth and sit in that cozy chair by the fire and warm yourself" as she went back to the pot simmering on the stove. Gazing into the fire as i sip the warm broth I soon doze off.

As the Nightmare of those nasty Marlin haunt my dream I wake myself up cuddled into the chair I had sat in sipping the broth, yet looking around the room , all the creepy things were gone. The whole room was empty, all that remained was me the cozy chair, the fire and the screen that held my wet clothes the night before. How Odd was this. Was the entire evening a dream? Or what happened and where did the old woman go? Not even caring I gather my belongings, change into my own clothes and off to find the clan and the Dragons....I am Home !

(( OCC: So Now I want those Marlins found and mounted On My Wall ! Largest Black Marlin , Largest Blue Marlin , in the case of a tie winners will roll to determine who wins the prize, Fish must be dated between Jan 15 - Feb 1 winners will be announced at the steps into the Royal City of Ter Mur Feb 2 at 8 pm est 3 mil will be given to the largest of both Marlin Types, second place will win 1 mil (in case of ties winners will Roll for prize money) so along with the King Fish who blew me heart bubbles (be sure to bring it alive (RP alive) we have 2 new types of Fish to add to the contest ))

Last edited: