• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Lightning Strike & Bushi skill

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry if this question has been asked before, I did try the search option but the word Lightning gets a lot of hits! :eek:
I wanted to ask, is there a difference between Lightning Strike at 50 Bushido, or a Lightning Strike at 120 Bushido? Judging by the description of what it does it'll both be 50% hci and a chance for a critical? :confused:

Kindest regards all!!
Tabby Kapak

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need atleast 90 Bushido for LS to fire 100% chance of the time. Below 90 there is a chance of fizzle. At 90 you only have a 10% chance of a critical. At 50 you have 0 chance of a critical. I`m not 100% sure but at 120 you have a 20% chance for a critical.

Keep in mind if your Human or Elf your hci is capped at 45%. If your a garg your hci is capped at 50%

50 Bushido is the minium skill for being able to use perfection.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ah, thanks Zalan!!! :bowdown:
Would HCI be useful on a suit if you use LS a lot? (Guess that is still needed because most ppl use their weapon specials a lot?)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, HCI is useful. It won't matter when you are using LS. But when you choose to do another attack, such as Armor Ignore and Feint, you'll want that HCI so you don't whiff against a boss. Those missed hits are often the demise of a sampire because all of your healing depends on leeching back life via hits.

I rank HCI under DCI, Stamina Increase, and DI for a sampire. For me, on any sampire suit I build I go 70/70/70/70/70 first while in vamp form, 45 DCI next, then max dex and stamina increase, then 100 DI with weapon. Then I fit in 20-25 HPI. After that I work to fit 40 LMC and 40-45 HCI. If I have HLD from the M&S Glasses I can get by with 30 HCI, but it is nice to have it higher. I like to use a lot of AIs so that 40 LMC comes in handy for me.

Hope that helps!

-OBSIDIAN-

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks OBSIDIAN!!! Thanks a lot for the detailed breakdown of your priorities, another :bowdown: is in place hehehe. As you can see by my questions I am still learning, reading a lot everywhere and gathering information from the best here hehe. Takes a lot of time but better to prepare things well. :)