• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Life at DragonStone

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Life at DragonStone is peaceful. Day to day we have Gargoyles wandering in and out of the Guild Hall, Devlin keeps a mindful eye on matters in Eodan and near My village, the rumblings of the mountain near by have mellowed with the Dragon Masters presence lately. Pixie over sees the household at the guild hall and seems to be working on books and a small library for our clan. Education needs o be implemented within the ranks and carried over to the refugees coming to us dailey for food and help. plus many attempts have been made to help the Queen restore her library as well. Roberto does well at his part, and friendships between Trinsic and DragonStone remain well , despite the riots and chaos that have plagued that city as of lately. Sio and Mouse keep the Village running smooth as well. DragonStone prospers. Skara has done well with Okami and the Rangers protecting it and I find myself there less then before. Then there's Jaden whose attention towards her family matters have been set aside it appears and all her time seems to be revolved around an old friend returning to her life. It is quite nice to see her Happy again. My biggest concern lately is what exactly is it my Mother has been up to. Since my return to the castle on Dagar Island her presence has been very rare there now and I have my lil birds who report sightings of her going and coming from the old lands. I try my best to just not worry what she does, besides do I care? That question I am uncertain of the answer as long as she doesn't drag problems to DragonStone. Visitors have increased to DragonStone, Teleporters and portals have been moved to the Guild Hall to help with the travel to and from the Village, and all items at the consulate used by the guild and the public have been moved to the guild hall so I have a home and a place for Huk to recover and stay. His screams of severe pain during the night stress me still, many nights I have sat and kept cold compresses on his head to try to keep the fever low and the herbs James sent rom the last Yew trade have been of much aide to Huk's pain. The wounds from the bear attack were deep and the time it took for him to find civilization for help, infection has set in , least that is all I pray is the matter. Yet still I need to find and kill that bear, it needs to be tested for rabis. Posters have been hung all near Skara and all surrounding cities for that bear, and a reward has been offered. Hopefully soon it will be found and killed. No more attacks need to happen. During the daytime Huk sits on the balcony with Raghara the Owl, many times it sounds as if they are quarrelling and I have to peek my head out the door and tell Huk to stop quarreling with the Owl. Poor boy sometimes struggles with words and now seems to call the Owl , Coral. A slight sigh and I chose to just let him continue, the two seem to be best of friends and besides at times we all have a nickname. Jaden has sent her attendant, Turner, to help with the house in Ter Mur and help care for Huk, and she seems to be much better at caring for the sick and wounded then I. So I find comfort in knowing the affairs at the house are in good hands.

~Life is Good

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The stranger who stumbled through a gate to DragonStone has found comfort here, she seemed to be very malnourished and sickly when she first arrived but tucking her into the fold of the community and feeding her as well we do the Refugee Gargoyles she seems to have become quite the asset to the village. She has rescued many a refugee from the void demons outside the Royal City to the south and she has brought much meat to the kitchens to feed them as well, along with the meat she always seems to bring the leather and hides and ingredients for the guilds funding of making armors and weapons. Yet something about her just doesn't quite seem right. She is good to us and is very helpful but she seems to be annoyed when the topic of Britannia is brought up, whatever happened to her while she was there has tainted her and I will do my best to keep her attention here and not on returning to Britannia. As pretty as she seems she carries quite a name for herself yet when I ask if it happens to just be a nickname she scouls at me and seems to change the subject so we will go along with her request and we shall call her..... Jaxx

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am coming to realize, Jaxx and I have the same temperament. I can see the anger inside her, she try's to bottle it up and keep it hidden. That might work towards everyone else, but you cant fool someone that has learned very well those ways and fights it herself. Looking at the mess on the floor from throwing a tantrum and pitching the books at the wall, the commons room at the hall needed prep'd and ready for the next weekend, the hunter who slayed the rabid bear needed rewarded and then there was that fishing event Jaden needed to have a ceremony for. Who gets to clean the messy ol' hall? Ya Me. Throwing the books seemed to have calmed me for the moment but looking at the mess I made was starting to irritate me. Since we are having guests maybe I should invite a few for drinks, *thinking how the Rangers had been so distracted in Trinsic with that mess*. The Poor citizens of Trinsic, Ine mighta annoyed me but I have to say he did take good care of the poor and homeless. Now who was going to do that. Well I have enough to care for here with all the refugee's. Trinsic needed a good Governor right about now, *shrugging an thinking to myself* Not my monkeys, not my Circus ! Then again some Dragons and a little fire breath and the city could get cleansed from the evils !

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Allowing Dae to persuade the older established Bloodline to build a settlement and expanding into a Village seemed liked such a good idea, I know her longing to be part of a real Family is great. Stepping back and giving her that freedom gave her a Family and the freedom to grow into the women she is becoming, yet that biological mother of hers seemed to get under her skin, push her to limits I am uncertain the reasons. Daeny's Temper had been short lately and shes been a lil bossy. I have taken residence at Black Rain Castle and Christof and I have slain many Undead lately but I suppose its time to check on the old dragon brood.

Not often had I came here, but I can see why they have all wanted to live here, DragonStone was beautiful. Finding @Roberto outside his home tending to weeds around his home. As he lifts his head from his tasks and spys me walking down the lane to his home He peels off that big hat waving it at me " My aren't you a sight for sore eyes" he says as I smile and greet his statement. He quickly adds " I thought I was beginning to see Illusions and calling that Young lady Miss D your name by mistake last night" with a deep sigh I can see it in his face the concern for her behavior lately, " So don't candy coat the answer to my question I am about to ask" watching him fumble around nervously, who I am uncertain but I think I always make him nervous, trying to just not notice him as he continues to drop that same debris he had held in his hand, from tending the growth around the foundation of his home, he seems to drop about four times before he finally looks back to me to hear the rest of what I am certain he wants to avoid hearing. "Has her Mother been lurking around here and has she started to get grouchy since she has?" . Looking at me with a somewhat blank stare and unsure how he is going to answer he pauses a moment clears his throat and begins " Well M' Lady I believe you pretty much just answerd the first question , and yes you are correct, I have seen Aleera a few times. Each time yes Daenyra becomes irrational" . Looking at Roberto with a sadness deep within my heart, knowing how much I can not stand for that women to wreck this girl life and come back now after all this time. A single tear rolls down my cheek, as if in a panic Roberto trys to be , well be Roberto, " Oh Jaden I have never seen you cry , don't let that women make you feel like this" as he hands me a handkerchief he pulls from his pocket like a magician. Looking down at the cloth hanging from his fingers drenched in sweat I graciously take not wanting to touch it to my face I stuff it inside my folded hand and distract him with a smile and a "Thank you" As I look up at Roberto I touch my forefinger to my lips " Shhhh, not a word to Daeny I was here. Keep an eye on her if things gets outta hand send a message to me and if Aleera shows up causing distress for the girl I will take care of that send word to me immediately. Nodding at me Roberto knows I mean business. AND if it comes to it I will secretly move down the road to keep things peaceful.

Last edited:

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The glade was quiet after slaying the beast who killed a few fishermen from my Village in Eodan, yet a rumble from the North seems to stir chills up my arm, uncertain if the threat of the beasts of this land would ever totally subside. I owe these people my very life, after all Aleera and whoever my father was had agree'd to leave me as an infant here to possibly die but the Jukari found me cared for me and taught me many things. I do not have the softer nature as Jaden does my heart beats fierce, my actions and reactions are not always so kind. Yet I care deeply when I care for someone. Darkness was soon to set in and getting to the Jukari Village would be dark by then and travelling the land in darkness while the beasts within this land seem to stir viciously awaiting for their next prey. I chose not to be that tonight. Besides a night with my people is well needed to make me forget all the anger Aleera has stirred within me trying to justify why she allowed me to be left in the jungle here. I am not sure I want to know that whole story, at least not now. Tonight I would need a clear head to be aware of my surroundings on my way back to the Jukari village as it began to get dark. Yet I had remained to insure the safety of the rest who had come from the tribe to help slay the beast were home and safe. All the guards from DragonStone who had followed me here had left immediately after the slaying of the Dragon Turtle that had killed the fishermen of the tribe. DragonStone had been left watched by Scorpion and Devlin after the guild meeting when the rest of the guards went with me here. Surely those two could keep an eye on DragonStone and not drink all the ale in the commons room. Jaden's niece, AnnaBeth had promised to check on them. She had a temperament as like I, not always patient. A few years younger then I she would chose a fight before she would tolerate to much. At least now I can attempt to try to control my temper.

(Meanwhile back at DragonStone)
Devlin had said his good nights and had stumbled down the stairs of the Guild Hall making way towards his house. Perhaps he should not have drank those last few drinks. While Scorpion had disappeared earlier that evening. AnnaBeth, youngest of the guards was left to clean up their mess, still to young her mother kept tabs on her doings at DragonStone and all knew not to cross Desta and allow the girl to indulge in the spirits. Desta hadn't approved of her daughter learning the ways of war at such a young age either but AnnaBeth's , Father had insisted this was her destiny to become like him. So being at DragonStone was like Summer Camp to AnnaBeth. The place was a mess, then again it was every night so the sooner she got the bottles picked up and the tables wiped down she could go to bed. Just as the final table was wiped down Anna looked up to see Pixie fluttering into the room. "Have you seen Roberto? He left the meeting earlier and I over heard him mention Trinsic and he is lways home by this hour but I can not find him" as the concerned showed on Pixie's face as the words were spoke. " Trinsic has been so unstable the last months I fear Roberto could be in danger". AnnaBeth contemplated what Pixie had just said. Knowing going to look for him would send her Mother and Aunt into a frenzy yet knowing Roberto was one of her favorites around this place she had to at least go check on him. After all her father had taught her how to handle herself if attacked it was not as if she was helpless. She might have been born a Girl but she was tough. " If any DragonStone Guards show up send them to meet me in Trinsic" watching Pixie as he nodded Annebeth left the Hall and readied her Dread mare for the trip.

Deciding at the Moongate to chose Skara not Trinsic seemed logical afterall Roberto liked to saunder along the unbeaten paths and had told her many times he often walked home from Trinsic to the Skara Gate before heading to DragonStone. *smiling* AnnaBeth thought about how he seemed to like the Archer girls maybe he walked to the Ranger village before heading home. Plus this route gave her more time with the Dread Mare her Mother had given her as a gift. AnnaBeth often had wondered if it had ever bothered her mother to give up her birth talent of mastering the Dragons up, to become wife to her Father and Mother to her. Desta had never seemed to let it bother her she just seemed to be the best Mother ever. Desta had taught AnnaBeth the ways of a Dragon Master and AnnaBeth could handle a Dragon well, but this mare seemed to be her favorite of all the creatures she had worked with. Razeri, the Mare, protected her many times so tonight she had no fear of what she could walk into she had brought her best friend to guard her.

Hearing Voices in the woods ahead she could hear Roberto's voice, this was somewhat outside the city limits a bit, wondering what was going on AnnaBeth could see the big floppy green hat Roberto wore in sight, not even having to put a spur to the Dread Mare it just seemed to pick up stride and soon they stood outside a building an AnnaBeth could see many laying wounded upon the ground in front of the house. " What is going on?" AnnaBeth was in shock of what she had walked into and next thing she heard was Roberto trying to insure my safety by announcing to them I was a girl from his guild. (thinking to herself AnnaBeth thinks of all the practice fighting with her Father and how he had taught her to watch there eyes and first sign to attack first, recalling his exact words " If you are going to fight , be sure to throw the first Punch, be on top of the situation" ) Desta had never agree'd with that but then again her Mother had never wanted to lead an Army either.

Soon I can hear a few of DragonStone guards hollering out to me, Pixie musta have made sure they come to check on me.
The Matter here seemed to be in control and the Metal Suited man seeme to have things in control. (whispering to Roberto) " Are you going to be ok?" smiling at me Roberto nods and tells me he would be fine. So I suppose its time I return back to the Village with my what they seem to think are rescuers..