• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] Level 5-8 scrolls; good monsters to kill for them

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In order to maximize my profit margin on full spellbooks, what monsters are best to kill for levels 5-8 scrolls?

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Daemons!.....
*sighs*
I love hunting them.
I need to add though, they don't carry many 8th circles.

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Daemons. Super *shudders* You DO realize I'm but a simple gardener/scribe.... Ah well. Dirtnap city it is....

T

Tazar

The best things for level 8 spells is either Meer Eternals, or Dark Fathers. *evil grin*

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Rhiannon goes off to buy reagents to MAKE level 8 scrolls as it's cheaper to do that than pay for all the armor insurance for the multiple dirt naps*

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need to kill anything for level 8 scrolls, you simply need to survive. You can get scrolls, including level 8, in anti virtue dungeon containers.
  • Containers spawn new items every 15 minutes.
  • If a container is empty come back in 15 minutes, if it is full empty it and then come back in 15 minutes.
  • Go for the barrels as you generally don't need lock picking.
  • Deceit has a lot of barrels.
  • Daemons won't drop 8th level scrolls

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need to kill anything for level 8 scrolls, you simply need to survive. You can get scrolls, including level 8, in anti virtue dungeon containers.
  • Containers spawn new items every 15 minutes.
  • If a container is empty come back in 15 minutes, if it is full empty it and then come back in 15 minutes.
  • Go for the barrels as you generally don't need lock picking.
  • Deceit has a lot of barrels.
  • Daemons won't drop 8th level scrolls
Looking at the description of Deceit level one, I THINK my skills MIGHT be able to handle it. I wish my mentor Hans was around to tell me if I have a snowball's chance in... well... Deceit....

I'm basically a mystic mage: East 2 EVs, a couple of bombards if I can get out of the way, invis, repeat. I can take on ONE artic ogre lord by myself without too much trouble. So I'll go barrel hunting this weekend and see what happens. Tazar, you gonna be around to rescue me if things go terribly wrong?
:eek:

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at the description of Deceit level one, I THINK my skills MIGHT be able to handle it. I wish my mentor Hans was around to tell me if I have a snowball's chance in... well... Deceit....

I'm basically a mystic mage: East 2 EVs, a couple of bombards if I can get out of the way, invis, repeat. I can take on ONE artic ogre lord by myself without too much trouble. So I'll go barrel hunting this weekend and see what happens. Tazar, you gonna be around to rescue me if things go terribly wrong?
:eek:
You should be able to handle the first and second levels fairly safely. Just pre-cast invisibility and run in. After you hide get an EV up and hide again. I have a character on ATL and could walk you through the area. My ICQ should be in my profile :)

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be able to handle the first and second levels fairly safely. Just pre-cast invisibility and run in. After you hide get an EV up and hide again. I have a character on ATL and could walk you through the area. My ICQ should be in my profile :)
Thanks for the offer, Lyconis! I did venture into level one and had no problem. I found up to level 7 scrolls in the barrel room. I plan to go back (after taking a break for lunch) and venturing into level 2.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the offer, Lyconis! I did venture into level one and had no problem. I found up to level 7 scrolls in the barrel room. I plan to go back (after taking a break for lunch) and venturing into level 2.
Ok so maybe level 2 is a bit much. Good heavens. All I did was go down the stairs and at least a dozen nasties were on me. Luckily I had a healing stone handy and healed myself fast enough to recall the heck out of there. Shew! Skin of my teeth on that one!

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Duh. Doing exactly what you said worked like a charm. I just had to run far enough to get away from the nasties so I could hide. Thanks for the tip, Lyconis! I'm getting a handful of level 8s which every coin helps in this economy. :)