• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Level 3 primer drops extra nerfed at spawns?

Stiga

Visitor
I was wondering if anyone else has seen a sharp decline in drop rates at spawns in fel or otherwise for level 3 primers. This has only been happening as far as I can tell for about 3 weeks or so now. I literally had a streak of 9 fel spawns soloed with a protector with only 1 level 3 to show for it(That is 1/80 for drop rate). Tonight I just soloed neria and received 9 count them 9 level 1 primers for my efforts(not even 1 lvl 2). 6 on the sampire 3 on the protector. I can understand nerfing drop rates back a little bit but jeez this seems a bit over zealous. Has anyone else seen this or am I just imagining things. I also believe about the same time they took the nerf bat to the loot off of scalis as well or atleast it has certainly looked that way.

Brom Thunderstone

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
FINALLY someone else is noticing this ridiculous cut back!I have most definitely noticed this as well. Primers are not dropping at the same rate when running fel spawns! I would pull a level 3 at least every other spawn without a protector that was an average of 1 & 6. I too am having the same problem as I have not seen a level 3 in over 2 weeks and I solo a few spawns a day. for the record I think scrolls have been toned down as well. I have not seen nearly as many 120's either. tons of 110's and some 115's but not 120's. legendaries off scalis and roof seem to be few in number I'm beginning to think they've nerfed the entire loot system......

Anyone else having this problem??

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the RNG is finally doing what it does to the rest of us. (taking a huge steamy ****), raided a spawn today on LS 2 120s from protection, 1 from the normal 6 scrolls, and a tier 3 swords.

(RNG is de devil)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Haven't noticed a decline, cause we got the impression the level 3 primers were ultra rare from the start. :confused2:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 3x level III primers today at fel despise today! Mage, Bush and Mystic. 1 primer each spawn. Only got 1x 120 scroll though.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Scroll rate has been about. 50% drop for me at 2200 luck (this includes the fel bonus)

Primer 3 drops have been significant ly lower around a 10% drop rate at the same luck.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been my experience as well. I just started doing champs again a few weeks ago, and after soloing about 20 champs (with protector), I have received 3 lvl-3 primers, and 2 120 PS. Also, I am averaging 1 pink per champ (not including the pinks the protector gets). Not a single item worth keeping off of champ corpse either.

Now that I am graduating, I was really looking forward to spending more time playing UO, but it appears to be more of a grind than ever. Probably not going to close my last 2 accounts, but I will likely be spending my new-found free time at TechShop rather than getting back into UO.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have done 7 spawns the last few days.
2 120 scrolls
4 level 3 primers