• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Letter 'To the Queen' left at castle door by an unseen messenger.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your Majesty,
I see that once again the actions of Nathan Hawke are being questioned.

I beg you to remember that such actions have always been in the best interests of yourself and the Kingdom. Virtue does not necessarily lie solely in the practice of the virtues, it is also found in opposing evil in all its many forms. Chivalry and Honour can be found in some foes and defeated in face to face combat but to some enemies these are unknown.

Some of our more recent foes such as Mericles and the Orcs possess neither and therefore cannot be fought always in honourable combat. In my opinion it is necessary in cases like these to fight fire with fire and it seems to me that this is what Nathan has done.

When combat has been required Fynn has been there to lead your forces and fight in what might be termed a 'virtous' manner. Nathan too has fought in such a way and both are to be commended in this kind of leadership, both are to be found where the battle is thickest, leading by example.

But how to combat those who plot behind the scenes? Honour and Virtue count for little here. What is needed is a firm hand, someone who is 'not afraid to get his hands dirty' This is where I feel Nathan has excelled, although some question his methods who can deny they have been successful?. Is it not for this we should applaud Nathan, not question how he has achieved it?.

I was early an orphan and had to make my own way from an early age and it is probable that I too have a doubtful morality. I see the sense in his methods and therefore follow him without question. I have never seen him do anything which was not for the benefit of yourself and the Realm. Nothing which was for his advancement or personal gain. Such a man is rare indeed.

You are most fortunate to have two such men serving you, together they will keep the kingdom safe I feel sure.

Your subject and servant

Sparrow