• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Letter from the Fleet Captain

Krasnog

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a day to rejoice my fellow Fishermen. The Fishing Council of Britannia [FCB!] is unfurling it's sails onto the high seas under the leadership of Krasnog, the Legendary Fleet Captain, and all ye Fishers are welcome to join us!

If you have a moment, let me explain how I have arrived in your lives.

It seems like only yesterday that as a young child I held my first fishing pole on the docks of Skara Brae. It was my father's will that I lead a life of catching fish like him and his father before that. The family legacy as it was spoken. All because of some foolish prophecy that crossed plots with legends of old… that a great fisherman would one day find his way into another world. One of the other mystical shattered gems of immortality.

Along the banks of Skara I learned to fish, and there my father continued to tell me stories of a Sosaria, and a Chesapeake, and an Atlantic. I was in Chesapeake, a mirror of Sosaria he would explain, and although I called it Britannia it held the same name to others in a place called Atlantic. I always took his stories to be a weak means to pass the time as we searched the elusive big fish.

A crazy ol' fool I called him… until that stormy night after one of our famously popular Net Tosses. As Fleet Captain of FCB, we had such glorious days, cherished moments, and kindred friendships with guild mates that would last more than one lifetime. It was on the sail from the Maginicia Docks that I discovered in my ship's hold... one last net to toss in the water. At the time I thought nothing of its strange hue… an odd shade from the spectrum that I had not seen before.

As is with most great fishermen, curiosity was bursting from my pores so I tossed that net into the water. But a Kraken I did not catch, for it was Sosaria that caught me. I wish I could tell you in detail what happened, but in all honesty all that I remember was water engulfing my ship, and me along with it.

When the water washed away, as quick as it overtook me… I found myself on the shores of Moonglow. A kind rancher, Nick, took me in and nursed my weakened body back to health. It was there on Moonglow that the old and wise Mages were able to confirm my suspicion. In ancient scrolls, there indeed existed a prophecy of a great fisherman, who would cross the shards of immortality. And to my disbelief, although my crossing seemed instantaneously… 55 years had passed in Britannia.

After accepting my destiny, I learned that Atlantic had a Fishing Council as well. But many years had passed since its fleet had sailed the waters. I then understood what my father had dreamed for me… to lead a Fleet in another world… to be a part of something that united all the shards of that shattered gem.

And so there on the isle of Moonglow, I have rebuilt the FCB fleet. With the aide of the neighborly ranchers, we have built a home and even ships to rival those of the previous fleet. The sea is not the same as there are new waters to explore. The ships are more powerful. The air is different with names of new individuals. The monsters of the deep are ferocious as ever.

But my friends, one thing has not changed… the Fishing Council of Britannia is here to master it. Come one.. Come all… the Atlantic Fleet is setting sail once again!

Krasnog
Fleet Captain
Fishing Council of Britannia [FCB!], Atlantic