• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's speculate!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish they would destroy 'new' Haven and give us the old one back, that's one destruction I would DEFINITELY want a part of!
I'd also go for some town reconstruction. People love Luna cause like everything is in one place. Vesper for example is a train wreck. Walk all over to get from shop to shop. People don't have time for that non-sense.

85% of towns aren't used. We could delete everything but Brit/Luna/Haven/Royal City and the rest people wouldn't even miss. I mean - who goes to Trinsic? For anything?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Khal Ankur and banes !
Sweet! And while weare at it, lets change Blaze Cusidhe's frequency to 50%, and also dont forget to bring back Dreadhorses, and definitely have Doom majors drop from Mongbats and Boglings. That would work nicely.:devil:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I'd also go for some town reconstruction. People love Luna cause like everything is in one place. Vesper for example is a train wreck. Walk all over to get from shop to shop. People don't have time for that non-sense.

85% of towns aren't used. We could delete everything but Brit/Luna/Haven/Royal City and the rest people wouldn't even miss. I mean - who goes to Trinsic? For anything?
There is an esthetic element to Vesper though. Some people like that.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet! And while weare at it, lets change Blaze Cusidhe's frequency to 50%, and also dont forget to bring back Dreadhorses, and definitely have Doom majors drop from Mongbats and Boglings. That would work nicely.:devil:
Bringing back Khal Ankur and banes hurt you so much?
they bring back 2 old events, why banes or Khal Ankur no....I don't see any difference between one event and another, do you? can you explain it to everyone please?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's a sad fact in any game that the big, sprawling cities are much less popular, Luna is ugly but we all use it because it's compact and convenient. I still can't find places in 'New' Haven but weirdly I remember the layout of the old town very well. :(

Reactions: Mil

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Bringing back Khal Ankur and banes hurt you so much?
they bring back 2 old events, why banes or Khal Ankur no....I don't see any difference between one event and another, do you? can you explain it to everyone please?
Khal Ankur is one thing, and banes and dreads is another thing. I have no problem with Khal Ankur coming back or even be permanent, including the PS-Khal Ankur spec event.
But, think of it : Banes now are a rare item, and they price untrained Hundreds of millions, and lots of people have invested lots of playtime and gold to have one (or two or more).
Also: Dreads same and even more expensive, and they are rares.
If we want dreads and banes, we play the game correctly, get the gold, and pay 200-500M adverstise looking for one, and IF we are lucky we can find a seller willing to sell. They are also getting more and more rare as time goes on, since they are consumed gradually by the player base.
Similar to the Blaze Cus, though they DO spawn nowdays, you just have to massively grind Cus to get one. Their rate of spawn and their specifics are best left alone, for the same reasons.
These things through the years have found a niche in the game, that is best left alone.
What do you think will be the effect of bringing these back and all of a sudden drop their price to free of charge?
Lots of people would be pretty unhappy..Do you think that will help the game?
Anything that would de-stabilize the pet market this much would not work too well imho.
Same thing with dropping Doom majors on minor mobs..Nasty effect on the game overall.
Let me know how you think un-rearing these would help the game though, I appreciate your response and willing to listen.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with what you say, but up to a certain point. Personally, just a few days before the event was announced I purchased a 49 SDI spellbook and i pay a lot, and I don't have many milions and "0" platinum, so it was a huge expense for me!

I wasn't happy when I read that the invasion event was back, but I didn't say a word!
It's a game! And do I have to think about who is happy and who is not with 100,000 platinum in his bank? lol

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you have some bane or dread to sell,
sell all and lets start with Khal Ankur and banes :)

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to do fishing quests, alot, and I mean alot.

The rarest item was the Oracle of the Sea in my years of doing this.

I got one and about 100 Charybdis baits.

They were my pride and joy, worth something some day I just knew it!

Then in one fell swoop both made worthless.

Crafter item now with little effort for materials.

Not many of us likely got the original Oracles, and I don't think RMTrs
did fishing quests much as assume that would be a hell of a script to make.
But what do I know, did it all by hand on one account.

Begged the Dev team to keep the original Oracles a bit different visually
to keep them rare, but nope. Asked them this while it was on test. Few
came to my aid. Majority did not say, "but it is a Rare! Don't ruin the rarity!"

Instead, people were rooting for the fact that now Charybdis is open to
everyday players.

And so should other items be at risk to then of losing value every now and
again to be open to the everyday player.

I guess it is called Risk vs Reward ( rares version )

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Actually, coming up with similar but all new events would not be a bad idea. Examples:
: A necromancer event when we get an invasion by Evil necromancers that ride Ossein Rams that are rideable, and you need to defeat the rider necromancer off of them and then tame the RIDEABLE Ossein Ram that has X slots and similar spread of specials etc with the present ones.
: A Lady of the Snow event where the Evil Ladies are invading one of the cities, riding on Frost Beetles, and when defeated you can tame a rideable frost beetle from them and those do not have the Cold Wind special on them.
: Khal Ankur event that gives PS of some sort plus a special Tali of some sort.
: A kind of a "lotto" very difficult event where one "ticket" blesed, will drop into the pack of some lucky newby, that did 10% or more damage, randomly, that can be redeemed at the ingame store, or otherwise for something very valuable (5,000-20,000 SOV's or ??).
: An Evil Harbinger event that is particularly deadly, but has increased chance of spawning upper level Legendaries.

The real fear here is than anything new, will be overthought, over-convoluted, and likely a multi-multi part supergrinding story line, or even worse something that would mess something else in the code, even if it does not offend/anger players.
I agree its just a game, and each one of us sees fun in the game different ways.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, coming up with similar but all new events would not be a bad idea. Examples:
: A necromancer event when we get an invasion by Evil necromancers that ride Ossein Rams that are rideable, and you need to defeat the rider necromancer off of them and then tame the RIDEABLE Ossein Ram that has X slots and similar spread of specials etc with the present ones.
: A Lady of the Snow event where the Evil Ladies are invading one of the cities, riding on Frost Beetles, and when defeated you can tame a rideable frost beetle from them and those do not have the Cold Wind special on them.
: Khal Ankur event that gives PS of some sort plus a special Tali of some sort.
: A kind of a "lotto" very difficult event where one "ticket" blesed, will drop into the pack of some lucky newby, that did 10% or more damage, randomly, that can be redeemed at the ingame store, or otherwise for something very valuable (5,000-20,000 SOV's or ??).
: An Evil Harbinger event that is particularly deadly, but has increased chance of spawning upper level Legendaries.

The real fear here is than anything new, will be overthought, over-convoluted, and likely a multi-multi part supergrinding story line, or even worse something that would mess something else in the code, even if it does not offend/anger players.
I agree its just a game, and each one of us sees fun in the game different ways.
Great ideas, but it does need to be overthought just a bit on how to make sure it is not abused. Example, the Titan Invasions.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A Lady of the Snow event where the Evil Ladies are invading one of the cities, riding on Frost Beetles, and when defeated you can tame a rideable frost beetle from them and those do not have the Cold Wind special on them.
Let's add that the lady's are all wearing pink or purple hats and there weapon is a one of a kind polka dotted purse

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Great ideas, but it does need to be overthought just a bit on how to make sure it is not abused. Example, the Titan Invasions.
Spot on : They should have made books drop not just from mage generals, but random across generals, and some of their more difficult minions, that way all players may have a chance at them. But the event was appreciated enough anyways and we are not too greedy, but I agree pple found way to abuse this in away.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Covid seems to be over have not heard anything in the past few days besides the looting. So it will be back to normal now.

I think it's funny how the media controls the way people think.
Sadly, Covid is far from over in reality. We need vaccines, and they are not widely available yet. We still have a few months to go..

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly, Covid is far from over in reality. We need vaccines, and they are not widely available yet. We still have a few months to go..
Dont want to say anything because this is not unleashed. But I believe the 2nd wave will hit in November.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On a side point, I think esp. on low pop shards if not all shards they should get rid of need for other SWers to do a high level Crcle for SW.
Agreed. It's barely possible to do that on Atlantic these days if not during prime time (took me and a friend 30 minutes to do it yesterday during prime time too). I can't even imagine how long it must take on smaller shards.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side point, I think esp. on low pop shards if not all shards they should get rid of need for other SWers to do a high level Crcle for SW.
spellweaving level3 mastery, you pay for it you get it, all u need to do is to circle with 1 player and u reach level6, simple!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with what you say, but up to a certain point. Personally, just a few days before the event was announced I purchased a 49 SDI spellbook and i pay a lot, and I don't have many milions and "0" platinum, so it was a huge expense for me!

I wasn't happy when I read that the invasion event was back, but I didn't say a word!
It's a game! And do I have to think about who is happy and who is not with 100,000 platinum in his bank? lol
I had just the opposite happen to me. I was looking at buying another 50% SDI book. I offered 400M, and the seller was stuck on 450M. So I passed, and his last words were "someone WILL pay 450M" TWO DAYS before they announced the event! He must have kicked himself in the A** for not taking my offer. HAHAHAHAHA

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Let me know how you think un-rearing these would help the game though, I appreciate your response and willing to listen.
@celticus - I wouldn't disagree with you here is they hadn't turned back on the other events. Heck even if they just did ToT I probably would have agreed that they didn't need to bring back banes or dreads, but then they turned back on the invasion to give people a chance at 50% SDI books so the people that just spent 100m+ on books got screwed so what's the difference between doing that and turning dreads/banes back on? Yea some people have paid a lot for the pets but is that any different than the books?

Also how can you act like the Khal drops are any different? On ATL people are paying 130m+ for the mask and 80m+ for the first aid belt... if they turn that on all the people that dropped millions on those within the past few months would be pissed too. Is it not as bad because we are "only" talking 130m instead of 300m?

UO has always been about timing and the ebs and flows of the game. I remember spending upwards of 40m for a royal pardon after the price wasn't moving after the first several months of VvV... fast forward to now and they are like 15m. It happens.

That said, nobody is saying the drop rate of certain things should be increased (like blaze Cu's or Doom drops) so I'm not sure how that got lumped in. The only thing people are asking for is the chance to actually obtain something. I'd personally like to see the Ranger's Cloak drop again too because like the banes/dreads I wasn't playing at that time since there is only so much roof/doom I can do before I get bored (and with them not adding new content for half the year things become super repetitive).

As for "small tweaks" to drop rate though... I'd love to see them add recipe scrolls to the roof that use things like bone earrings etc to make a better item and have them lower the drop rate of the awful drops like the hunting spear or paladin sword since nobody have ever used them.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't really do the rares thing items, pets, or otherwise. Other than selling them to feed my sampire gear obsession. I will say though, this thread would be much more popcorn worthy on the unleashed board.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My newest theory is that they are going to adopt a new client that I'm not sure can be named here (even though the name is somewhat common).... The client uses CC graphics, allows zooming in and out and runs at 60 fps. It is also native to Mac, Lixux, and Windows.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So their going to have 3 clients or replace CC or both clients

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They'll probably stop supporting the CC. If I'm right, the client has a built in macro system that is currently illegal, so they would have to approve that as well.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Found it @Stinky Pete not sure what I’m looking at and not sure what the issue is about talking about on unleashed
If it works how I’m thinking/reading it does it would be a huge upgrade to the current CC

just a thought on who is going to do the programming/coding for it

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Found it @Stinky Pete not sure what I’m looking at and not sure what the issue is about talking about on unleashed
If it works how I’m thinking/reading it does it would be a huge upgrade to the current CC

just a thought on who is going to do the programming/coding for it
It's already done, some freeshards are already using it. It needs to be modified for use with official servers which is what I reckon BS has been doing for the last several months. It's just a theory, but it fits the qualifications of bringing UO to its largest audience yet. We can talk about it in unleashed, but I thought I'd throw it out here since we're speculating.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They'll probably stop supporting the CC. If I'm right, the client has a built in macro system that is currently illegal, so they would have to approve that as well.
If so, they'll lose at least one customer; Me. So I truly hope it's not that.
I love the soothing graphics of the CC client. (And I am certainly not a macroer)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If so, they'll lose at least one customer; Me. So I truly hope it's not that.
I love the soothing graphics of the CC client. (And I am certainly not a macroer)
from what I’ve seen it’s the exact same graphics

join Unleashed and look it up

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Agreed. It's barely possible to do that on Atlantic these days if not during prime time (took me and a friend 30 minutes to do it yesterday during prime time too). I can't even imagine how long it must take on smaller shards.

I believe it was Poo who pointed it out; EJ accounts and making your own SW alts.