• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lets see some more numbers (runic atlas poll)

Runic Atlas

• Total voters

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simple poll on the runic atlas

Update with initial results as of 11:45am 3/26/16

The Atlases are a success for:
45.8 percent who like the look and are using them

The Atlases did not completely satisfy
54.2 percent who arent using them, or are using them but are not 100 percent happy with them.

Last edited:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
:postpics:

Also, you have some sort of book fetish @Smoot ? just an observation hehe :p

Last edited:

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like the colors, but I do like them. Anything that cuts down on the amount of stuff I need to carry in my pack is ok by me. I usually carry6 to 7 runebooks in my pack and now I use only 3 atlases.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"runebooks/devs" you mean? However the most viewed post on UO Hall is "UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]" with over 98,000... but well played :)
the runebook thread still has over 300% the amount of veiws per month as that old thread : ) beats that thread in popularity by far.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Simple poll on the runic atlas
i like the new runebooks and i use them.... only issues i have is

a) there should be an organizing tool for moving runes around, and
b) i heard the hues on the new books is as bad as the change made to the old books.... hope this isn't the case (haven't dyed new ones yet to find out)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't vote because there is no option for people who don't want to change their runebooks after 16 years of having them the same way.
that would fall under "i like the look but am not using them for whatever reason" or "i dont like the look and am not using them"

your situation is covered !

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although it takes a while to move runes from normal books to an atlas I took the opportunity to sort my runes as I did it; discarding runes to locations I no longer visit, mostly house runes for friends who no longer play, re-arranging runes marked as and when into some sort of logical order.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that would fall under "i like the look but am not using them for whatever reason" or "i dont like the look and am not using them"

your situation is covered !
It really isn't. The same goes for the other poll.

There is another option besides a hard binary of like or dislike. A person can be indifferent about something. I don't plan on using a runic atlas. This does not mean I don't like them. But I can't say I like them because I've never even used one. I don't even recall what one looks like at the moment.

Reactions: S_S

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason why that thread has been viewed so many times is because anybody that posted gets alerts from Stratics. Most likely you have a total of less than 30 people actually posting and no more than 99 people constantly viewing that did not post. I know I have viewed many times because of new alerts from newer posts.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't like the look but am using them simply because they work well in my back pack and look less crappy than the Rune Books now.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not complaining about atlas at all but I used many pens to make the regular rune books for all my chars and libraries, then soon after they came out with the new rune book lol. I have to laugh or cry lol.
then they had change to old rune books lol.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah! I think they did a good job. Its time to update some art and do art fixes.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not an art fanatic so I am pretty much indifferent to what they look like. I started transferring my runes to atlases when I noticed some problems with functionality. First off, pages. If a rune is not on the first page it takes me multiple clicks to get to. If I have it in a runebook, it's a single doubleclick. Functionally it's a step back. Dont be afraid to use that big screen. Put everything on one page.
In Runebooks in EC, I can click on the text of the destination and text of the command (large target) to get where I need to. In the atlas I have to hit the tiny gems to do the same. This a more serious step back in functionality.
Since both runebooks and rune atlases are convenience devices, it does not make sense to me to use a less functional product such as the atlas so I reverted to the runebooks.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would use them way more if I could arrange the order of the runes without having to remove pretty much the entire book.
Yes, my runebooks are all alphabetical, especially in my rune library, it is the biggest pain in the butt when they bring in something new that needs marking and it starts with the letter A. Was bad enough in the 16 location books, the 48 books are just a nightmare. You should be able to put your cursor on a rune and "shift runes down or up" to leave a space where that an additional rune would plop into instead of having to empty the whole darn book to the spot where it needs to go.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So really over all less than 1/5 of people that voted actually dislike them completely and not even use them. Good job imo! Keep it up devs!