• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lets help EA find the access to EA Land problem.

G

There have been a few posts in here now about the same problem, not able to gain access to EA Land due to the non payment bug. EA must be having a hell of a time finding where the problem is as it would have to be number 1 on the fixes list. The problem being random means that something in the records "database" must be different for those that experience the bug to those that don't. Even then it doesn't remain constant for those players, I get in 1 day and can't the next for instants. Therefore there must be something we have different to the players that don't experience the problem.
I think we can help by giving them some information that may see a consistency with players that experience the problem.
Listed below are a few questions that I feel could point out a consistency, please answer them with numbers and "yes" "no" answers and only if you have experienced the bug.

1: Do you have multiple accounts under the same name.
2: Have you changed the name of your sim since EA Land opened.
3: Have you changed any account details since EA Land opened.
4: Have you added an account to your name since EA Land opened.
5: Have you re-subscribed an old account since EA Land opened.
6: Have you added a new EA Land sim to your account in the last few days.

G

This isn't an ongoing issue for me - just happened twice both times it was late at night here so no biggy for me this time

1: Yes
2: No
3: No
4: No
5: No
6: Only the day EAL opened

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

Feel free to discuss and give answers here, but I made a poll that may be easier for the devs to get a read on HERE. Just FYI.

F

frogger2

Ive heard lot of this going on but have no problem getting on myself I have 3 accounts and all of them gets in with no problems. YAY lol.frogger, Fry, and Bender of EALAND. partyhouse being worked on now Futurama dance the night away.

G

What about "Are you in a trial account?" I'm on a trial account and can access all production cities except EA Land and I get the same error. I have it set up where the payments will deduct every month once the trial is set up so they have my billing info but I still can't get in and get this same error.

G

Charlie - I think it might be because you are still technically on free 14 day trial...they haven't yet taken out $10 from your account, and won't until the 14 days is up. My guess is, for you, it may clear itself up when the trial is over.

G

1: Yes
2: No
3: No
4: No
5: No
6: Only the day EA-Land opened

G

<blockquote><hr>

What about "Are you in a trial account?" I'm on a trial account and can access all production cities except EA Land and I get the same error. I have it set up where the payments will deduct every month once the trial is set up so they have my billing info but I still can't get in and get this same error.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free trials aren't allowed in EA Land, so if you want to start accessing it now, you will have to call EA and have them start billing you now, forfeiting whatever days are left on the trial, or wait out the trial period and then try to access it to see if you encounter the bug or not.

H

HoTDeViL

i was skilling 2 accounts to same time. missed the time out on one of them. after automatically disconect i couldnt log back in anymore and got the message only paying customers are allowed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

1. yes
2.no
3. no
4. no
5. yes
6. no

One thing to note this only happens in EALand, the same accounts can log into TC3 and all regular production cities. EALand is the only city to not allow entry and it blocks all accounts, not just the 1 that was online previously. Also its always happening in the couple hours before maintenance.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There have been a few posts in here now about the same problem, not able to gain access to EA Land due to the non payment bug. EA must be having a hell of a time finding where the problem is as it would have to be number 1 on the fixes list. The problem being random means that something in the records "database" must be different for those that experience the bug to those that don't. Even then it doesn't remain constant for those players, I get in 1 day and can't the next for instants. Therefore there must be something we have different to the players that don't experience the problem.
I think we can help by giving them some information that may see a consistency with players that experience the problem.
Listed below are a few questions that I feel could point out a consistency, please answer them with numbers and "yes" "no" answers and only if you have experienced the bug.

[/ QUOTE ]
I experienced this bug for the first time this a.m. I have done nothing different except to patch into TC3 yesterday, for the first time since the launch of EA Land.
Dunno if that's the cause, but... who knows?

G

The version notes for today's update says this bug is supposed to be fixed...will be curious to find out if it is fixed, and maybe even we'll find out what caused it. I've been curious particularly since it became just an intermittent thing.