• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's compile a list of >1 Year Old Bugs

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The UO Dev team is notorious for ignoring bugs.

Let's make a list of bugs that have been in the game for over 1 FULL YEAR

For example, beneficial acts, flee while dead, vamp form with 0 necro skill

etc etc...

Try to post how many years the bugs have been in game and Bold and Underline the amount of years for emphasis, just like I did.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Summoning a pet while an aggressor in Felucca.

Yes this is a bug. Not sure how long it has been but I believe it has been at least 2 YEARS

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recall drop
Town criers it is so gimped they had to make new types of criers (Rat statue) And these are gimped to i hear they dont cry withthe town ones..
Scrap all that use the old system it works i know it does...

G

Gwendar-SP

Items that are suppose to stack but don't - magic spell scrolls, plant resources, regs - problems came in with ML.

Spell books don't update when you add a scroll to them

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

For example, vamp form with 0 necro skill
lulz not a bug. Cry moar please? It doesn't affect you in any way, stfu and enjoy uo without ruining it for others?

L

love2winalot

Being able to use Tokuno Dyes, on special wood, Oak, Yew, ect, and then having the dyed wood not show up in the carpentry menu, thus making it useless. I have no idea how long this has been.

Opening your bank box, and then opening your paper doll, and the bank box closes. Many many years.

Hanvng night time only being from, "in game", midnight to 4 am. Are we in Alaska?

Not a bug, but worse, Creating a Dungeon, and not using it at all. ie, Under Bucs Den.

P

packrat

Crashing when going through gates or recalling. I have been crashing more often than ever before..
I was trying to place a house yesterday and crashed when I accepted the placement. Logged back in and a mongbat was beating me to death..

M

MoonglowMerchant

etc etc...

Try to post how many years the bugs have been in game and Bold and Underline the amount of years for emphasis, just like I did.
The way monsters warp after you if you cross a server line and then come back.

That's been around for 3 or 4 years now I think.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all the broken tiles and ugly corners from when they ruined the 2D map to accomodate KR 1 YEAR going on 2

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spell books don't update when you add a scroll to them
While not a show stopper, this is absolutely one of the most annoying things I deal with as a scribe. Used to work, then got borked with a years ago patch, and never got fixed back.

One of those things that make ya wonder, exactly how hard could it be to fix?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You only been playing a little while? Presuming your char is human theres no such thing as 0 skill in somthing. Humans are a 'jack of all trades' and have 30 in all skills. Pretty sure thats enough to cast. Even if its not, its certainly not 0 skill.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You only been playing a little while? Presuming your char is human theres no such thing as 0 skill in somthing. Humans are a 'jack of all trades' and have 30 in all skills. Pretty sure thats enough to cast. Even if its not, its certainly not 0 skill.
Vampiric embrace takes 99 skill, so it is usually done with jewelry and not actual skill. It isn't a bug, but more of a balance/template concern.

Some of these are bugs, but a lot are nerf or content suggestions.

A dungeon in Bucs would be a nightmare. Anyone who has fought (roleplaying a pirate maybe) there knows it has serious server boundary problems.

W

Wallenstein

Duping a guild tag. It's been possible since the new paperdoll guild system was implemented.. I've contacted EA numerous times about it with information on how to reproduce it but nothing's ever been fixed.

N

Nestorius

Oldest Bug - If your screen avatar holds an item in their left hand and turns around it will be in their right hand.

L

Lady_Mina

I have no idea if it's an old bug (since my 2 year break).

But 'crash on recall' is getting pretty annoying.

i never crash when i recall to brit...it's always when in recall into dungeons with spawn that's strong enough to kill me in less then 10sec..

S

Sarphus

Oldest Bug - If your screen avatar holds an item in their left hand and turns around it will be in their right hand.
I think the devs actually responded on this one at one point. If memory serves, they did this on purpose to make sprites consume less resources.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Server lines/boundaries. 13 years (They existed pre-Alpha.)

They make Buc's Den a royal pain, they cause every monster on screen to instantly target you when you cross one, and they were the source of all of UO's original duping methods. All of the subservers should be able to fit together on the same server now, if not on the same harddrive. There is absolutely no reason that server lines should exist in this day in age.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being able to use Tokuno Dyes, on special wood, Oak, Yew, ect, and then having the dyed wood not show up in the carpentry menu, thus making it useless. I have no idea how long this has been.
Been since ML. This is for the same reason that some snakes were spawning with the [Oak] tag until recently. Snakeskin boots, also.