• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lets all be happy!!! :)

L

Lady Tiger

Hope I do this right...this is Buster my husbands dog. Buster's trying to fit into my cats bed

I

Intoxication

OK happy stuff

Now that will make anyone smile :)

My cat thinks he fits in that basket

My kids at the animal planet expo this summer
there was a big rain storm so the face pain is a little messy

and now some random funny stuff

and now my puppy when we first got him

and my puppy now...............
my little one thinks he is a big pillow

and the dog thought he would get him back

ok i think that is all i have for now :lick:

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:):)

OK happy stuff

Now that will make anyone smile :)

My cat thinks he fits in that basket

My kids at the animal planet expo this summer
there was a big rain storm so the face pain is a little messy

and now some random funny stuff

and now my puppy when we first got him

and my puppy now...............
my little one thinks he is a big pillow

and the dog thought he would get him back

ok i think that is all i have for now :lick:

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fuzzy Ra will be sure to put a smile on that face! He always puts on on my face!

If not, maybe now that he is all grown up and licking you he will get a smile on your face!

What, no smile yet? Well then, how about this one!?

"Waiting to pounce you head!"

Waiting is tiresome!

SMILE!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a goregous cat/cats. I couldn't tell if some of the pictures were of another younger cat and an older cat. But, the pictures were wonderful. I am a sucker for cat pictures and baby pictures and of course pictures of kittens. Thanks for sharing you treasures. I miss my cats they are all gone now.

C

Crystal Canyon

Wow Orvago, that last picture is awesome.

What the heck do you feed that massive beast? Steak? LOL

C

Crystal Canyon

good morning crystal, not in game yet. eating breakfast. got some oatmeal from the ABM
LOL, well good morning to you also, Gunner. Throw in some toasted french bread with that oatmeal and Ill join you! :)

I

Intoxication

My oldest when he was 4 months old. You would never guess its the same kid to see him now.

the youngest is 4 now and he beats my butt at almost any video game. He is only 3 in that picture.

My oldest is 6 years old. he is a bow hunter. he got his first deer this year. a 10 point buck. ill post pics of the deer when i get them on my computer.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Banned Stratics posters. *waves at Orvago*
*Orvago chuckles madley*

He gets to sample anything he wants (that wouldn't make him sick), from steak to bananas, tuna to oranges, cat food to black olives, cat-nip to bread. I don't let him overindulge in them though. He rarely gets milk as cows milk can cause fatal diarrhea in cats as cats do not have the enzymes to digest cow's milk properly.

He REALLY loves Bananas, Oranges, and Black Olives though... and of course the banned posters. *Orvago winks*

Banned Stratics posters. *waves at Orvago*
i don't care what he eats, he is gorgeous!
Little Ra and I thank you :)

I contribute his awesome, soft and shiny fur to Iams. Since he started eating dry cat food as a kitten, I fed him exclusively their kitten food and then when he got about 6 months old, started feeding him and Zoar the Proactive Health line of products, they really liked the Proactive Health Active Maturity.

Past month, we couldn't afford the Iams and bought a bag of another company (won't post bad about them here). They love the taste, but I've now noticed their fur starting to cling together and not be so shiney and silky smooth as it was before.

Oh and yeah, all those pics I posted here are the same feline, Little Ra (I just call him Ra now since he's not so Little anymore, heh).

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's one with both of them, Ra is on the top left, Zoar (he's the old guy, just turned 13 years old!) is on the bottom right. That is their "mansion" - it's actually 3 different products combined together to make it that big. They love it. To the left of it is a series of shelves which has been dedicated to them and they love it.

Here's another cute one of them both:

And, to keep the smiles rolling, here's some more of Ra as a baby:

C

Crystal Canyon

Your right about the Iams cat food. Our vet suggested it mainly to reduce litter box smell and said that the health benefits were the best. But, word of note, dont let him eat too many veggies! I made that mistake with Pinkie, and once she got a taste of green peas it is all she wanted. She started to look thin and we took her to vet only to find out that cats love green vegetables, and once they get a liking for them it is hard to get them to eat anything else. Was a hard task getting her back to cat food.

Ra is a gorgous cat! Nice to see someone who takes great care of kitties. They are all so special!

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My oldest when he was 4 months old. You would never guess its the same kid to see him now.

the youngest is 4 now and he beats my butt at almost any video game. He is only 3 in that picture.

My oldest is 6 years old. he is a bow hunter. he got his first deer this year. a 10 point buck. ill post pics of the deer when i get them on my computer.
Very nice TV! Man, your boys are lucky! I would have went ninja on Santa for that TV when I was a kid, if that TV existed back then that is, heh.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your right about the Iams cat food. Our vet suggested it mainly to reduce litter box smell and said that the health benefits were the best. But, word of note, dont let him eat too many veggies! I made that mistake with Pinkie, and once she got a taste of green peas it is all she wanted. She started to look thin and we took her to vet only to find out that cats love green vegetables, and once they get a liking for them it is hard to get them to eat anything else. Was a hard task getting her back to cat food.

Ra is a gorgous cat! Nice to see someone who takes great care of kitties. They are all so special!
Yeah, I have noticed their poo smelling a lot worse since the new cat food too. Soon as this bin full is gone, switching back to Iams for sure!

Yeah, I heard that too which is why he only gets to nibble and taste mostly unless he's being especially cute. I don't think he'll change his taste for dry cat food though as Ra and I have a little ritual of sorts when it's time to fill the bowl up.

It consists of me being instatiably licked to almost death until I wake up. Then he leads me to the cat food bin and waits for me to open it. Once open, before any scoop is taken out, he has to reach his head in and grab a bite. Then I take a scoop and hold it infront of one of the bowls and he takes a bite, then I pour it in the first bowl. He then waits and watched for me to scoop again, again he gets another bite and then I pour it in the second bowl and then he looks and me and either winks or raises his tail in delight and then digs into the food in the bowls.

Zoar on the other hand, he'll just sit up high on his mansion and watch the whole thing and then about a minute after Ra starts eating from the bowls he'll slowly meander over there and have his fill. He's probably thinking "yeah, all part of my master plan. You get the human to feed us and I'll sit here and oversee."

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my crew and other stuff;

- Elliott, adopted from the animal shelter.

- Cheyanne (black lab/chow mix) & Diego (rat terrier)

- Some of my artwork.

- Pics from a mural I painted at a rehab facility inside the children's waiting area.

- Petey, rat terrier, rescue dog.

- Gilbert a.k.a., Mr. Gibbs

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww! Elliott is so precious! And I love that picture of Cheyanne dressed as a princess! Too cute!

Thanks for sharing!

C

Crystal Canyon

Ok, because we seem to have great deal of pet owners here in this thread, I have a question.

I just recently bought a puppy...a Min Pin/tea cup. He is only two weeks old and we wont be bringing him home for at least 4 weeks, but...we do have our Kitty that has ruled the household for several years now. Im not sure how she will take sharing the attention or her territory. Is there a way to make the transition any easier for her or is there just going to be Hell to pay? LOL

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most likely you're going to have to go through Hell to get to Heaven. If possible get a blanket the puppies have been using or bring home a small cloth they've slept on a few days and place it somewhere neutral in the house so kitty can get used to the puppy's smell.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww! Elliott is so precious! And I love that picture of Cheyanne dressed as a princess! Too cute!

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! Elliott is more like a little dog as far as personality goes, until you try to pick him up without his 'permission'. ;) He took it upon his little kitty self to try and pierce my husband's nipple with his canines a couple years ago. It was bad, lol.

I've always referred to Cheyanne as 'Shaun's little princess' so I picked up the outfit for her to have on when Shaun got home from work as a joke one day.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, because we seem to have great deal of pet owners here in this thread, I have a question.

I just recently bought a puppy...a Min Pin/tea cup. He is only two weeks old and we wont be bringing him home for at least 4 weeks, but...we do have our Kitty that has ruled the household for several years now. Im not sure how she will take sharing the attention or her territory. Is there a way to make the transition any easier for her or is there just going to be Hell to pay? LOL
Most likely you're going to have to go through Hell to get to Heaven. If possible get a blanket the puppies have been using or bring home a small cloth they've slept on a few days and place it somewhere neutral in the house so kitty can get used to the puppy's smell.
Yeah, as Latobian said, you'll probably go through some Hell for a while. Do as she suggested with the puppy's smell. The puppy will probably take to the cat faster than the cat will take to the puppy.

Never let them be together unattended, a cat can kill a puppy quite fast even if declawed if they get their teeth into the neck. Felines, even our domesticated ones, still have it hard-wired in there genes to go for the jugular to suffocate their prey/enemy.

Most likely what will happen is your cat will take to higher ground while the puppy is around and slowly gets more comfortable with the puppy's presence.

I'd still always separate them when you cannot supervise them 100% when together. But do it in a way that isn't punishing. Meaning, have treats on hand. Train your puppy to not wrestle or attack the cat. When the puppy does wrestle or attack, use a simple "Away" command or something similar. And the instant he turns his attention away from the cat after the command, give him a treat. Don't reward the dog with sounds of awww or speech when he wrestles or attacks the cat as this will make him think it is okay to do that. Rewarding a dog is all about timing. If you reward them even a second too early or too late, with treats or with praise, it can ruin their training completely.

Dogs learn through proper timing, repetition and strictly maintained schedules.

Cats cannot be so easily trained. They learn mostly through time on their own and then by expanding on what they learn on their own. For example, for a while, everytime Ra would jump off the table or off any furnature in my room, I would say "Down" while he does it. Eventually, he realised that what he was doing would result in me saying "Down" and now when I say "Down" he gets down off if whatever he is on.

On the other hand, for dogs, you'd actually say the command first and lure with a treat. When he got down, you'd immediately reward him once. Rinse and repeat - repetition.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, the BEST show to watch, in my opinion, for tips on training dogs is Victoria Stillwell's "It's Me or the Dog" show on Animal Planet.

Also, contrary to what many say, puppies learn faster than adult dogs and remember their training better if trained early. Start training right away!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay okay!! I have to post my cats now!!

Intox I think you kitties daddy has been traveling:

Arlon's and my baby girl Snugs with sister Angel in the hall laughing.

This was her under the tree last month. Don't believe the cute innocent face, she has much more attitude as seen above.

This is Angel what you see is pretty much what you get.

And this is our mammoth although you can't really tell in this pic, but he's a solid 20 lber.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh My Goodness, you all are so lucky to have such gorgeous Pets. Give them all a hug and a rub for me.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*gives Orvago's robe a slight tug*

Ya' forgot the 's' in she up there buddy. ;) lol..
+s :D *hugs Latobian* 2nd time now isn't it!? My apologies! :blushing:

Precious Oriana, thanks! :)

Angel looks like should be on "Half Baked" saying "what's up doooood?" :D

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something funny I found in my email. Enjoy.

QUESTIONS THAT HAUNT ME!!!

Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... But it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change?

They're going to see you naked anyway.

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane ?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours?

They're both dogs!

If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and Orvago, the reason Angel looks like that is the santa hat had catnip in it. So yea that's probably what she was saying lol.

F

Flora Green

Unfortunately these pics are a couple years old, I'm lazy about uploading. If I get time I'll add more later. They are all rescues. :)

Our Min Pin/Beagle Allegra:

Klondike, our Rottweiler/Shar Pei watching the Kitty Halftime Show:

And Zoe the Beagle. She's a REAL handful at times!:

E

Eyes of Origin

My two favorite little men in the world and our dogs =)
Nikolas

Tristan

Titan our newfie we adopted aka Horse cause hes literally as big as a miniuture horse

Peaches our newest addition and adoption, not exactly sure what she is lol but shes cute

I

Intoxication

here is my other kitty I call him Fats but my kids named him Twisty

Here is the deer my 6 year old killed this buck season. Here in PA kids can hunt at any age. As asked I added a link to the pic.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/littlespark/deerpic1.jpg

Some more pictures of the 170 pound puppy. And yes i say puppy because he isn't done growing yet. He will max out at around 200 pounds. He is a Fila Brasileiro, a bread of Mastiff that were raised to be guard dogs and to hunt down large animals and drug dealers in the Brazilian forests. He would eat anyone he doesn't know for getting to close to his kids.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
L

Lady Tiger

This is a pic of my puppies born in july. The one I kept is the one that looks like a little cow..thats my dads cat that is playing with the puppies. Strange cat.

Shot at 2008-11-26
and this is missy the boss of the house.

Shot at 2009-01-23

D

Dhara

I appreciate your right to hunt, Intoxication, but I sure wish you would have posted a link to that image with a note to us animal activists so I would not have that horrible image in my mind. Please be more aware of those of us who are sensitive to such images in the future.

Dhara

D

Dhara

Thanks Intoxication, your understanding is greatly appreciated. :)

Dhara

I

Intoxication

We have pics of pets, kids, and babys why not show off cars too?
I love cars. I have been a mechanic for 10 years and working on cars from the time I could turn a screw driver. Although the doctors have told me I may never be able to return to working in the shop with my herniated disk in my back =(
Here is my 1968 Chevy Nova SS. I used to use her as my every day car for many years but she sits in my garage now. I Drag raced her many times, I think my fastest 1/4 mile was a 13.5 witch isn't bad for a street car.
I also have a 1979 Trans Am just like the car in Smokey and the Bandit. It is striped down right now waiting for some tender love and care. someday.....

PS that is me in the pic. Can't see me very good but oh well its a pic for the car.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been a mechanic for 10 years and working on cars from the time I could turn a screw driver. Although the doctors have told me I may never be able to return to working in the shop with my herniated disk in my back =(
Did they mention trying disk de-compression therapy for you?

M

Michael Wolf

We have pics of pets, kids, and babys why not show off cars too?
I love cars. I have been a mechanic for 10 years and working on cars from the time I could turn a screw driver. Although the doctors have told me I may never be able to return to working in the shop with my herniated disk in my back =(
Was a mechanic for 20 years. Had the ultimate job too, restored classics. Herniated my second to lowest disk in a motorcycle accident in 1995, Doctor told me I was officially an ex-mechanic. I went back to school and learned computers. I'm now a Systems Engineer and with a little more than 10 years experience I make almost double what I did wrenchin'.

Now if cars are fair game so are motorcycles. Riding mine always makes me happy :) Yes after a herniated disk and 17 months of therapy I still ride. Bought this the day I got the settlement from the insurance co. for the accident that totaled my last one.

MW

I

Intoxication

nice bike!!!!!!

I herniated the disk at work a year and four months ago I am in the middle of settlement now. The doctors I had up til this point weren't very helpful at all but luckily I found a good group now. It is my t7 t8 disk, they talked about traction but with traction is will not help the mid T section of your back due to all the bone structure in that area. They have a long list of things they wanna try before they turn to operating but its already been over a year and is just getting worse.

M

Michael Wolf

I went to a Chiropractor for a year + to get the hernia to go down. My neurosurgeon agreed to give it a year and see if it worked before operating. Fortunately it did. It will never fully heal but as long as I take care of my back I don't have many problems, but I can't constantly bend and lift like I used to so hence a change in careers. I'd seriously recommend a chiropractor just to see if they can alleviate the pain and pressure. If it doesn't help you're no worse off, but if it does you can avoid the surgery. Mine was in '95 and I never have had to have surgery.

On the other hand, I know 2 people who have had disk surgery for herniated disks and both swear by it. They both claim going from extreme pain and discomfort, to a couple of weeks worth of recovery, to no more pain. They still have to be careful as I do but at least the pain is gone.

I

Intoxication

yeah i have been giving them time to try to fix it but after dealing with non stop pain for a year i don't think i would complain to much if they decided to operate.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah i have been giving them time to try to fix it but after dealing with non stop pain for a year i don't think i would complain to much if they decided to operate.
:( What a bummer, it stinks that traction won't help for that area. For L1-5 it's pretty decent. I hope if you go the surgery route it fixes your problem! Back pain can can really interfere with daily life. If you can't find pain relief they'll often use epidural therapy. I'm not sure that's possible in the C-T zones though.