• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let Them Eat Cake

G

You know what I can't stand? Getting yelled at for not cleaning up after myself when I hadn't even finished ###$@in' eating yet!

And I was eating cake so they didn't have to blow the money/time on HC.

But did I yell at them about ruining my game of Cakewalk (eat several pieces of cake, one for each seat, then watch your sim go down the line sequentially picking up the plates)? No, of course not. Maybe if there was something else to do on their lot I wouldn't be eating cake all day lol

I could see making a fuss if there's a dozen plates left behind in the kitchen, and some n00b's gone back to playing the piano or whatever.

But two little cake plates and the dude's still eating the third? SHUT THE CAKE UP.

ARG. Idiots.

So, here's my question for you all: If you're eating multiple plates, whether HC, cake, or buffet table...should you eat clean eat clean eat clean...or eat eat eat eat THEN clean?

P.S. When the merge and wipe are finalized, and lots of older sims have cakes, but no money for H.C., will cakes be the norm?

B

B Jordan

Well I usually, eat, eat and then clean.

Nobody really eats that free cake. lol

G

Well...I always eat, clean...and if I want more, then I clean that up after eating as well. Its a pain hosting and seeing plates on the table, knowing 30 sims are on the lot and if others need to eat, its best they have a place to put their plate down instead of having to stand up to eat.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I'm a neat freak so yeah....I would be picking up the plates and growling at the person with the cake fetish.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I tip big so I don't have to feel guilty about not cleaning at all.

G

I click my plate to eat.
Then I click my plate when I'm done and it goes away.

Not all that difficult really.
Sometimes clicking stuff can be hard though.

What was the question again?

I

imported_corpatortis

i clean up after each plate to keep room score up and prevent other sims from eating while they stand.

i can't stand when people don't flush the toilets though. clogs are annoying.

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol...pass me a piece!

When I am at home, I eat eat eat then clean.
When I am at others, I eat clean eat clean...BUT I only do that because I don't want to hear someone's mouth before I get done eating...like you experienced.

Further more, as Gracie mentioned, If I am tipping, which I usually do, maybe I shouldn't even bother to clean up after myself; period.

This would be a fun test, see how many places will actually yell at you for doing this, after you put a tip in their tip jar...guess I know what I'm doing tonight hehehe...

D

DGLita

A better option would be to leave the plate and let the next person who wants to eat clean up first

G

<blockquote><hr>

I click my plate to eat.
Then I click my plate when I'm done and it goes away.

Not all that difficult really.
Sometimes clicking stuff can be hard though.

What was the question again?

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you are eating more than one plate? Do you eat a single plate, clean it, then eat the next...or...eat all your meals, THEN clean up?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well I usually, eat, eat and then clean.

Nobody really eats that free cake. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they will when the merge hits, rather than charge for HC. It's a constantly replenishing free food supply.

And it's fun to blow out the candles. At least with the folks I've played with in the past...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well...I always eat, clean...and if I want more, then I clean that up after eating as well. Its a pain hosting and seeing plates on the table, knowing 30 sims are on the lot and if others need to eat, its best they have a place to put their plate down instead of having to stand up to eat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can see that NOW...but I rarely go to "skill mills" and such...used to hanging out at less-trafficked fun lots, like stores...where we do stuff like Cakewalk to kill the boredom...

But that said, the lot in question wasn't jam-packed (no pun intended), and I was the only one in the kitchen...and we'd even talked about my trying to eat the entire cake, which was the only time they spoke to me, not even a greeting upon landing...and I'd already cleaned their %^%^ toilet and watered some of their plants on my green run lol

And the room score aint gonna go into overdrive if the plates ain't collecting flies yet...it's not like I'd left 'em behind or carried them to odd places on the lot...I was still eating lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

I tip big so I don't have to feel guilty about not cleaning at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just the opposite. I clean the showers on my green run, so I don't feel obligated to tip. plus they're getting my hours for their darn popularity contest list.

G

Generally I do not eat cake. I prefer to hide cakes.
When I am eating from the buffet and require two meals, I base my decision on the amount of empty seats. If the house has a huge table with 10 chairs, I will eat, eat, clean. If the house is small and only has a few chairs I will eat, clean, eat, clean.

G

Plates left out... people yelling... I do not let either bother me.

I mean... you are sitting there with plates out so I can understand why the person said something but all you had to do was explain what you were doing or say nothing and leave the lot if you were that offended.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, I can see that NOW...but I rarely go to "skill mills" and such...used to hanging out at less-trafficked fun lots, like stores...where we do stuff like Cakewalk to kill the boredom...

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting - now, when *I* get bored with the game, I do it differently - I quit the game and take in a movie, go for a walk, play with the kids, play with kids mother...

Sometimes I even volunteer to babysit the little ones (toddlers), cuz they are a hoot.
Of course, ya gotta like little kids to do that.

(...and I <u>don't</u> mean "With 1000 Island dressing"!!!)

G

If a home owner commits said acts upon you, proceed to eat the rest of the food, producing as many plates as possible. After that, scatter plates across the lot, thus making them harder to gather up.

Then, proceed to clog toilets, fart on guest (it doesn't really do anything, but they get pissed), etc.

That will teach them two things.

1) You're a badass.
2) You're not to be messed with.

Best of luck,

Buzz Killington

B

brendagfrie

I just got so tired of trying to find cakes that people hid on me and picking up all the tiny plates left all over the place when i had perfectly good hc and buffet up that i took all my cakes and put them on little pedistals behind a fence...I can still light em up and show em off but they can't take em and hide em on me or eat them and leave tiny plates all over the place

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Too bad EA can't make the roaches 'recyclable'.

We should be able to 'gather' them up and cook them to feed to the lazy slobs that left their plates all over the place.

(Ok....not calling anyone a lazy slobs but it works well when considering feeding our guests roaches.)