• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let The Games Begin - First Steal

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While it won't make the record books as the best first steal, it's what I got, and with only 70.7 stealing, I'll have to say not too bad...

The best part is I got a gain off of the steal...la

Herp!

Journeyman
Simply amazing... People forget this skill exists & I love it. I may have to make a thief some time this winter and join you, its been too long since I stole from people... Most fun I ever had in this game was sitting at brit bank before the tram/fel split stealing everything I could and really hoping no one noticed and guard whacked me.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I was a bit surprised that I only got whacked once trying to nab that. I had 70.8 stealing skill and was in Luna above the bank. Second attempt was a clean steal, but I used an old technique, where the first one was me, just standing next to the mark...la

Herp!

Journeyman
Was your "old technique" steal through the ceiling/floor? Lol.. I used to steal from people on brit bank roof from the floor level all the time, though they may have fixed that since 15 yrs ago.. I won't post the details of HOW to do that to avoid breaking stratics rules on a fresh account and getting banned again like I did back then. Being an adult sucks sometimes, knowing rules and whatnot... I also don't really know if that works still, I'll go test it out with my 2 accounts. I still have a thief but he's mainly a doom/sa/eodon thief at this point... RARES! gotta catch em all!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, no. Just a technique that seems to get me steals unnoticed more often than not. Can't tell you how many pet summoning balls I stole in various banks in the past completely unnoticed. Granted, I had 120 stealing skill and the balls weight 10 stones, but when I started using this "technique", I rarely got noticed let alone guard whacked. Best part, it's completely legal...la