• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lessons Learned

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did warn them. I had clearly told what would happen were any to move against myself. And yet, here we were with yet another would be killer face down and broken upon the forest floor.

Attack me and I would not show mercy. How is that such a hard concept to understand for these fools? Did he expect me to just allow him to destroy my body? Did he expect no resistance? I will never understand these mortals.

There are but a few that I can tolerate anymore, and most of those are missing. Scattered to the far corners of the world and hiding away. Pressing down on the idiots back with my foot, I considered the matter further for several more moments as he attempted to cry out.

The agonized whimper that escaped was far sweeter than music at the present time. He would survive perhaps if I left him be. A few broken ribs, his left thigh shattered. Oh he would never again run or sneak through the trees, but live? Yes, he would live.

I smiled. Well, might.

Sitting beside him I pulled his quiver onto my lap and began plucking arrows from it one by one idly. Luckily none were around the area at this moment, or else I would be worried. Licking my lips, a cruel expression took hold. None around meant I could have a little fun before being on my way. A little fun that began with one of the young rangers own arrows pressing between his shoulder blades.

Piercing through the simple armor, I could not help but admire the work of the arrowhead. The razor edge, the way the blood flowed up and trickled down… Staining the armor darker. Fantastic work. It had been awhile since I had tortured anybody, I was enjoying myself.

Minutes passed by into hours, and hours crept slowly towards daybreak. The ranger was a quivering mess at this point, weakened by blood loss… And I was not yet…finished as it were.

I would not kill this man. But I would not make it any easier either. My fingers worked into his mouth and gripped hold of his tongue. I allowed a sigh of happiness to escape me as I ripped it out, my magic instantly working to heal the wound and stop the bloodflow.

That would stop him by speaking of who did this.

My next action claimed his eyes. Bloodied fingers popping them from his skull like grapes. And so any attempt at identifying me through visual means was dealt with as well.

Lastly…Lastly I gave his hands a squeeze. No need for him to write my name down somehow was there? A twist, a pull… Pouring my magic through his blood I could feel his pain as bones shattered and muscles snapped. Evil energies poured into them, corrupting him. Those hands would never heal.

I almost hoped his allies kill him. Put him out of his misery.

I left him there of course, deep in the woods and just on the outskirts of the rangers territory after ensuring nothing would lead back to me. Except for his bow, that I kept. My little trophy.

Such would be the fate of any that moved against me. I might not have the immunity that Governorship gave me, but I did not need it. I would put them all in the grave should they try a damn thing.

Bring your strength against my own. It has been long since I have had a challenge.

~~~~~~~~Va'lis~~~~~~~~~~~~

Callista

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm sure somewhere his favorite daughter was watching and laughing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk