• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lesser Hiryu Training

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone done any testing on the pros and cons of a lesser for the following:

I am looking for a lesser with Chiv and either WW or FWW. The main goal of this pet will be to help kill mobs with the calling AI (Dark Father, Roof, etc).

If I am reading the training guides correctly I can select FWW, which will add Ninja then add Chiv OR select Bushido which would add WW then add Chiv.

FWW seems like it would have a slight boost to single target damage since it can stack attacks on a single mob.
WW seems like it would provide a little bonus to defensiveness given the synergy between parry and bushido.

I guess first off, am I correct in being able to build the template either way, and second if anyone has tested them to see which they liked better and why?

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I'm not the one to ask, because i'm new to taming, but WW if it equals whirlwind - I dont see that as a special move you can choose.
FWW - frenzied whirlwind is a special move you can choose and does add ninjitsu.
However, if you add chivalry afterwards it might overwrite the ninjitsu? Your only allowed one magic ability unless it is an ability that is already innate to the animal.
For instance - I know I can keep magery on my unicorn and add FWW & Ninjitsu because I've done it.

For further advice you need someone else who can clarify things and explain what you can, can't do more clearly

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My Lesser has FWW and Bushido giving it WW... so it has both... and it does things fairly well with the roof gathering up all the junk and killing it... It did pretty good with those annoying minions too while doing Krampus. It also did pretty good at the shrines with the captains.

You do have to heal it more since it doesn't have it's own heal but it is a good pet.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
OR select Bushido which would add WW then add Chiv.
This will not work, since Bushido and Chiv are both Magic Abilities so your pet would lose Bushi after adding Chiv. And since WW is a move incorporated in Bushido, it'll lose that as well. (Not from experience but from reasoning, so we can't be 100% sure but we figure that is how it works.)

However, if you add chivalry afterwards it might overwrite the ninjitsu?
In this case it does work, as you select the FWW as as special move, and therefore Ninjitsu is added as a passive. Picking Chiv won't overwrite your special move so Ninjitsu keeps skilling.

As for our experiences, we have a few pets with FWW and do enjoy that a lot. (Except for the karma loss since those bloody cats, healers etc ALWAYS HAVE TO walk into the fighting mix!)
We have Bushido on one Lesser Hiryu but whenever his WW goes off we see no red numbers at all. So we keep wondering whether it does any damage at all, or is bugged. Anyone else has the same?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Practice on TC. Magics cost 500 points. Lessers were the first pets we put a Passive and an active magic. Tritons can get more damagers than the Hiryu can.

The Hiryu can not get AI and FWW. FWW costs 600 points +scroll.
AI costs 100 points.

You can choose FWW and then Chiv. Or you can choose AI and Chiv.

For the Roof. You will have no problems with the AI/Chiv pet.

The extra points for 2 magics will not allow you to get very many HP on the Hiryu.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have Bushido on one Lesser Hiryu but whenever his WW goes off we see no red numbers at all. So we keep wondering whether it does any damage at all, or is bugged. Anyone else has the same?
Yes. We have had a lot of returning players on LS. We turn them into tamers. They all want to try Bushido on a pet. They make good Tanks but they are not great on damages.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Practice on TC. Magics cost 500 points. Lessers were the first pets we put a Passive and an active magic. Tritons can get more damagers than the Hiryu can.

The Hiryu can not get AI and FWW. FWW costs 600 points +scroll.
AI costs 100 points.

You can choose FWW and then Chiv. Or you can choose AI and Chiv.

For the Roof. You will have no problems with the AI/Chiv pet.

The extra points for 2 magics will not allow you to get very many HP on the Hiryu.
I have a FWW/AI Chiv Triton, but in this case I want a ridable pet. Lessers seemed like they would have the most points to spend and come with the Ninja or Bushido option.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup. They sound great. The first thing players did with the Tritons on TC was build that build.

Lessers can get the FWW/Chiv part. At the expense of HP. AI/Chiv on them works better with 200 more HP.

The Ninja is just the passive that FWW needs to do damage.

You can make an AI/Ninja Hiryu that hides and does Ninja spells. You can make AI/Bushido and get WW for free.
But like Tabby said, you lose the Ninja and Bushido spells/abilities when you add Chiv. Also lose the WW. So adding Bush then Chiv is just a waste of points.

Lesser Hiryus are disposable so you can try out builds on them.

FWW is Physical damage. So, it is doing the same type damage as the Hiryu when you use a Triton.

Last edited:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Lessers do seem a good candidate, with many options and a lot of points available indeed. But why do you want to add Chiv when it is aimed at situations with Calling AI? An ill timed EoO makes it hurting a LOT, with say a Virtuebane hitting for 100% extra damage on it?
(And probably you know, but just to be sure, you don't need a Tokuno pet for the FWW.)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why add chiv? DPS. Do tests on same targets try any other magic and time how long they take.

I play with pets with Chivalry all the time. EEO lasts about 3 seconds usually. They turn it on and off.
I know how to call my pet back and line up his targets to take them out one at a time.
In spawns the last levels are the only difficult things for pets. AI/Chiv pets can take out that spawn one at a time. Our AI/Chiv pets rock the roof. Come join Sess on LS. He does the roof multiple times a day. He does it so much he could probably take any pet there.

Any pet dies when surrounded because the pet AI makes the pet spin around because it changes targets and does not hit anything. EEO killing your pet is as false as some pet types having more innate mana regen. Fear of Chivalry has been on this forum for years. For a Tamer who does nothing but control and keep their pet alive, AI/Chiv is the best DPS pet.

Yes other pets can get FWW. But do you make pets with just AI?

What other pet besides the Triton has the points to get FWW and Chiv? There are a few PP Bake Kitsunes that do.

One of the first pets I made was a FWW Cu because it sounds great in theory.

I did not tell the OP to not experiment on Lessers. Like I said, they are disposable. You can go tame another one and try it.

Amamos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Why add chiv? DPS. Do tests on same targets try any other magic and time how long they take.

I play with pets with Chivalry all the time. EEO lasts about 3 seconds usually. They turn it on and off.
I know how to call my pet back and line up his targets to take them out one at a time.
In spawns the last levels are the only difficult things for pets. AI/Chiv pets can take out that spawn one at a time. Our AI/Chiv pets rock the roof. Come join Sess on LS. He does the roof multiple times a day. He does it so much he could probably take any pet there.

Any pet dies when surrounded because the pet AI makes the pet spin around because it changes targets and does not hit anything. EEO killing your pet is as false as some pet types having more innate mana regen. Fear of Chivalry has been on this forum for years. For a Tamer who does nothing but control and keep their pet alive, AI/Chiv is the best DPS pet.

Yes other pets can get FWW. But do you make pets with just AI?

What other pet besides the Triton has the points to get FWW and Chiv? There are a few PP Bake Kitsunes that do.

One of the first pets I made was a FWW Cu because it sounds great in theory.

I did not tell the OP to not experiment on Lessers. Like I said, they are disposable. You can go tame another one and try it.
Which one do you think is better dps, AI or Chivalry? If taking both wasn't an option.

Thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which one do you think is better dps, AI or Chivalry? If taking both wasn't an option.

Thanks
If the pet chose like a human then Chiv would be better than it is. Chiv is in the damage calculation and can do some high hits if the pet chooses correctly. It's like on my Archer. I do AI till I run out of mana. Pets do use chiv to remove debuffs and cure poison.

I have some old test pets with just AI. I can say a pet with AI/Chiv, kills a para Balron much faster.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I have a FWW/AI Chiv Triton, but in this case I want a ridable pet. Lessers seemed like they would have the most points to spend and come with the Ninja or Bushido option.
you can have Triton with Ninjitsu or Bushido. Just pop it from statue anywhere in Tokuno.
Actually it is better opening all statues there. This way you can try it with bad Triton you about to release and poof.
For Ninja pet you need fighting tamer who can defend himself and not die. But Triton with Ninjitsu survivability is really great.