• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Legendary Turnips and Sake

• Thread starter imported_Astryl
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Astryl

Ive been trying for a long time to get the begged sake or turnip. Would a good beggin soul please post a picture of these legendary items so that I can continue this endevour?

G

The Elusive Turnip..

Sorry I don't have a picture of the sake as it's proving even more elusive. Oh, and don't feel disheartened that I appear to have two turnips, there's only really one. I've just edited the picture so there's a mouse-over and normal version. I'm not so affluent as to have TWO turnips..

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have a sake.. I'd post picture proof, but our accounts aren't active.

They do exist, promise!

I

imported_Astryl

Gah! My quest continues... you two are truly beggars amongst beggars. Thanks for the information.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ive been trying for a long time to get the begged sake or turnip. Would a good beggin soul please post a picture of these legendary items so that I can continue this endevour?

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_feath

heh. turnip is rare? I got one. Put it on my vendor for 100 gold - no one bought it lol... I wonder if I still have it.... *goes off to search*

I

imported_Astryl

Slap 'rubble' on it, grow it to 100 stones, and would be worth millions. As is, I think other turnips give it the cold shoulder.

Its a beggar's life for me.

I

imported_feath

Yup - I got one turnip still in my kitchen begging collection - as well, I got one yesterday from the elves.

I

imported_Astryl

My good friend Madge gave me one not long ago, so only the elusive sake is left. Off to give those elves a piece of my mind...maybe I can barter my mind for a sake??

*whistles off to heartwood*

C

Cat Crimson

Damn. You can get begged turnips ? I sure came back at the right time

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After seeing that picture, I think perhaps I should give begging a second look. If I have the time and stupidity to gm cooking, begging should be my next goal.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cooking is spammable

[/ QUOTE ]

But, sadly, spam is not cookable

S

Salty Pete

I have yet to aquire all of the new beggables. I get shirts, bedrolls, lanterns, pizza, cheese, water, liquor, dates and french bread but that is it. I'd love to get the fishing pole.

W

Warrior of Time

Although it is hard to get the sake I am sorry to say it is just like the one you steal. That means you just as well have one a thief got. I thought the flower garland would sell. but theu was better as either a display for myself or a gift to a friend. If you open a bed roll it will no longer say aquired by begging. If you live on GL I have a few exter turnips. I been giveing them to friends too.

GMing begging is faster than it once was. I did it with elves since they are so close. By the time you get around them all they are ready to pass you more food.

I want the beggars to get something that people want but can't get anyother way. They messed up the swordsa displays when they gave them away on the Tokuno event.

I would like a full size beggar interactive statue. Make the chance to get one high enough to sell and not for 50 mill. When it is turned on make it say something a beggar would. I want it to be the only thing in this man made world that would get others willing to have a GM beggar.

It takes time to get to be a GM beggar. All the others char templets have a pot at the end of the rainbow. I think it is time the Beggar not be any diff. Tamers get super pets. warriors super weapons. Why not put a carrot out there to make the skill worth getting. You spend the time like others.

After all the time spent do you know anyone that begs once they reach the goal of GM beggar. They have gone to the light at the end of the tunnel. There is no place to go from there. If you put that statue into the game make it so that you can bet it from any NPC. If you don't you will see the elves being farmed night and day for them.

W

Warrior of Time

Ooh, a carrot! I'd give a dozen turnips just to get one carrot!

*dares to dream..*

The line starts behind me, I begged first. We may be able to out do the fruit bowl yet.

W

Warrior of Time

I have only one question:
Why is the sake the same as the one you steal just one a rare 4 the other from begging.
I was thinking it was to be diff.

They did the same in KR.

F

feath

a lot of graphics are recycled for different items. its the title that tells you what the item is.

W

Warrior of Time

That was the point I was talking about with the carrot. Why not give the beggar something unique worth getting. Something everyone would want. Enough of them that you don't pay a mill for. [you get as often as the sake] Not ruined by getting any other way. [like what happened for the thief with the swords display] That would encourage people to make a beggar.

Begging takes a lot of time to GM. Time that could be used working another skill. I seen a guy named beggar the other day. Asking players for a dime. That took no skill at all. He got far more then we do and he had no skill at all. He was roll playing like us.

A GM beggar should be worth something other than what he was able to do. You go through a lot of bread and water to GM begging.

That is why I would like to see something like an interactive statue of a beggar. Everyone gets things for turning stuff in using their skill from pets to wood. If you bring back skills like arms lore. Make it worth haveing. Begging could use a reason to have at a GM level.

Once people found out that they could get the same recipes they could using they skills they already had they stopped begging. On top of that you never even got that.

UO/SA will bring in new art for everything, including new skills. KR makes the demon statue larger just to get ready for UO/SA. Would it really be that hard to make another?

It would be a nice time to beg the dev team to add us.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ugh, it took me years also to gm this skill...wouldn't it be nice one of those elves were so generous they gave us a runic tool once in a blue moon? Just don't let the fletcher's only give out fletching runics, but randomize it so it can't be scripted.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Ugh, it took me years also to gm this skill...wouldn't it be nice one of those elves were so generous they gave us a runic tool once in a blue moon? Just don't let the fletcher's only give out fletching runics, but randomize it so it can't be scripted.
Hahahahaha...this is entirely unrelated, but I just had to mention that I LOVE your signature picture! :-D

F

Fink

That was the point I was talking about with the carrot. Why not give the beggar something unique worth getting. Something everyone would want. Enough of them that you don't pay a mill for. [you get as often as the sake] Not ruined by getting any other way. [like what happened for the thief with the swords display] That would encourage people to make a beggar.

Begging takes a lot of time to GM. Time that could be used working another skill. I seen a guy named beggar the other day. Asking players for a dime. That took no skill at all. He got far more then we do and he had no skill at all. He was roll playing like us.

A GM beggar should be worth something other than what he was able to do. You go through a lot of bread and water to GM begging.

That is why I would like to see something like an interactive statue of a beggar. Everyone gets things for turning stuff in using their skill from pets to wood. If you bring back skills like arms lore. Make it worth haveing. Begging could use a reason to have at a GM level.

Once people found out that they could get the same recipes they could using they skills they already had they stopped begging. On top of that you never even got that.

UO/SA will bring in new art for everything, including new skills. KR makes the demon statue larger just to get ready for UO/SA. Would it really be that hard to make another?

It would be a nice time to beg the dev team to add us.
Well.. I'm opposed, in principle, to anything that makes Begging wildly profitable.. goes against the grain. Also I don't see the skill needing a massive influx of new blood for whatever reason, the worst reason being to make huge profit. Just a few new beggars here & there to keep our numbers in the black.

That said, a few new "beggables" here & there would be good. Make pitchers and/or bread half as likely, then divide up the probability gap with some fresh things.

Maybe even gender/race-specific items, depending on who's doing the begging. A male/female human might get pants/skirt, male/female elf might get elven pants/tonlet (without properties). If you wanted the full set, you could trade with other beggars or vendors. A gnarled staff would be nice.. maybe a one-handed non-weapon version, or just use the elven staff.

Hmm...

W

Warrior of Time

If we go that way why not make what we get like nothing else in the world. {bread crumbs, glass of water, broken walking stick,(have you seen the art for the book stick in KR) broken glass.} I can't imagin there be any great price being paid for the crumbs if they come as often as bread or the pitchers do. There is no real reason to make what we get like you can get in any other way. As for art sharing, for the crumbs could be like debris. Maybe have the crumbs a diff hue. We are diff what we get should also be. Why not have a torn shirt. Things that a person with other skills can't duplicate. T empty wind bottle as a great idea. Build on it. We invest time as well as any others. I would like to see time spent rewarded. Other trades are. Even if it is diffrent, you get enough, the price goes way down.

Beggar should not need karma to get better things. I would like a way other than lord or lady display what we are. Why measure what chance we have of getting the higher things on greatness, use skill. Use new titles. They do it for champ spawns make up some for the beggars.
Like panhandler for an example. If you don't want it to show turn it off.

If you have the begging skill at all lets it show. We could even wear a torn shirt if it looked like one to add to the roll playing.

How about a damaged dress. (A plain dress with a patch)

A smith can get hammers with diff looks that do diff things. Diff clothing could be something to look into.

If we are to get no wealth make us diff.

F

Fink

That's great stuff. Tattered clothing - that actually looks tattered in the paperdoll, like shrouds - would be terrific.

L

Lord Drakelord

Here an update on that picture above.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got my very first turnip!! I am so excited. It's a beauty. Take a peek!

Click for larger version.