• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legendary chars

• Thread starter imported_Lady Tiger
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Lady Tiger

yeah this should be in spiels and rants but I thought i'd let the it be moved. i've got a legendary fencer, parry, tactics, resist and so on with the best armor. I go to try out the new dragons..I died like 5 times...so I run to the swoops ..I can kill them but it takes forever unless i've got someone standing there discording them... All my chars good for is killing lizardmen gathering spined leather.

jumps off the soap box and quits whinning and crying about this and gets my new super dragon and stands outside the dev's house who thought of this silly dragon and super swoops.

G

Thats strange. I can solo the gauntlet on my dexie (excpet for the dark fathers) so maybe you just need some coaching?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go kill centataurs in Ilsh. No risk and each one is worth 1.2k-1.4k gold.

Figgure 200 gp in loot and 80 arrows worth 15 gold each = 1200 gold

Bring a beetle and fill it up. Hop on and recall out. Virtually no risk, lots of gold.

There is no need for weapons/armor anymore as runics can make far better than monster loot now with the 100% intensity changes.

You can make 80+ resist items with horn kits and 60+ resist with 20% LRC for example. No need for monster loot at all!

I

imported_Lady Tiger

smiles...i'll take that as an offer Flutter lol...would you come to destard fel please and coach me.

forgot to add i'm on origin

G

Don't need to.
Show us here about your template and your equipment.
Here's mine so we can compare(keep in mind mine is by far not the best out there it's only "medium" good):

G

Aye KR
I had to cut and paste because those arrows cycle through the info but eh.. it's really helpful to use to see where you're at with equipment.

G

Yup - and you can also make custom displays quickly by dragging the little icons off the gump onto macro bars

I

imported_Lady Tiger

I can't do it as fancy as you but i'll try to tell you what my char is.
and no I don't have screen print. One thing i see that I need to change and thats she's elf and I should go with Human
she's all 70's with 75 energy.
dex 135, str 100, int 44
lower defense 30
hit chance 47
DI 90
mana regen 6
LMC i'm not going to worry about that because it only affects the mana
her skills are
anatomy 100, chiv 70, fencing 120, Healing 93,Parry 120, tactic's 120, resisting spells 106

G

You're using this character only for PvM right?
If so drop resist down to GM bring that healing up to at least GM.
No defense chance increase at all?
What about things like HP regen or stamina regen?
HP regen is going to let you regen your hp faster than the poison kills you (regular poison) and stamina regen will keep your swing speed up.
Why so low str? Your swing speed is capped so I would bring dex down and bring Str up a little there.
You've got parry and resist but no focus so your regeneration rate is sickeningly slow. I know because I stoned my focus and tried GM parry in it's place and it really did suck. I never had enough mana and everything else regenerated too slowly too.

J

Jhym

Always good to have 3K in beer money

Do you use leech weapons at all? I find mana and life leech can keep you whacking things for hours if you have a high ssi weapon.

J

Jhym

You're an elf so your regen rates are a bit lower than humans. If you have no regen on your equipment and no focus you'll notice it a lot.

Do you use leech weapons at all? They can help out the mana and life regen if you have a fast weapon. It also helps to have 40 or 50% spell hit weapon for extra damage. my favorite diamond mace has 50% lightning and high life/mana leech. I can pound things like crazy as long as I keep my stamina up.

I

imported_Lady Tiger

I get the first few hits in on the dragon and the dragon hits back with one 2 hits and i'm a ghost going OOOOooooOOOoo I don't have time to worry about the mana cause i'm dead fast. my mana goes up pretty fast and i've got defense and good mana regen on the suit. my archer on cats who doesn't even have a good suit can go in and kill them she just peaces them hits them and runs and runs back.

U

_Uriah Heep_

Why so low str? Your swing speed is capped so I would bring dex down and bring Str up a little there
------------------------------------------------------------

What caps the swing speed? what is the max dex?

G

So what would you suggest for this character?

STR - 100
DEX - 105
INT - 40

Uncapped armor incl. jewels: 70 - 73 - 80 - 83 - 81
Mods & Buffs:
STR - +7
INT - +4
HP - +5
Stam - +17
Mana - +7 -------- Total battle stats: HP 108, Stam 122, Mana 51

HCI - 11
DI - 22
HP regen - 10 (Bracelet of Health)

Skills (Current/Target):
Anatomy - 100/100
Chivalry - 100/110
Focus - 104.7/110
Healing - 100/100
Resist - 87.5/100
Swords - 115/115
Tactics - 108.8/100 (dropping for Focus)

Weapon in Destard is a Dragon slayer Crescent Blade with SSI 15, Life Leech 22, HCI 3.

Strictly PvM and tho I don't mind dying to a Super Dragon, I would like to get 1 or 2 hits in before I dirtnap.

Thanks

G

You also need to "Joust" or hit and run with the greater dragons, but they are definetly killable.

@Flutter, do you have Healing pointed down & Focus pointed up?

G

I'd replace your Bracelet of Health with a bracelet with HCI/DCI DI and Dex or Str. 10 HP regen is not very much, 1 HP per sec (10 in 10 secs) is hardly noticable and won't make much difference. I do wear that with my "Dog Soldier" since with 90 Ninja (30 HP Reg) and 19 HP regen from equipment he's got 49 HP regen which is helps a great deal. 10 by itself? Not worth it IMO.

G

Yeah I have healing pointed down because I don't use anything except enhanced bandages so I am wasting the skill points.
Figure I could always use more regen so I am raising focus.

BTW My hp regen items do help me at the level I am at with them. IMO every little bit helps.

G

I didn't mean that HP regen items don't help, but I think the BoH is not as useful to his suit as something with more properties would be. I'm assuming your +11 HP regen is not +10 from the BoH.

G

This is the bracelet I use although I did use the BoH before I got it. I am always looking for a better one:

I

imported_Lady Tiger

someone redid her suit for me and took her to destard killed the dragon saved the day.. by the way you want high dex the higher the dex the faster the healing.
and if i'm right I believe your ssi is dex right?

G

Dex is for Healing and works in 20's (6 Sec healing at GM, 5 at 120 and 4 at 140), SSI is dependent on Stamina, not Dex and works in 30's, so 4 tics faster at 120 Stamina (1 Sec faster).

G

Umm far as I know healing time is capped.
You asked for help and that's only what I was trying to do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thats strange. I can solo the gauntlet on my dexie (excpet for the dark fathers) so maybe you just need some coaching?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously I can solo the gauntlet completely on mine so I have no idea why someone would complain.

I can tell you right now swoops being buffed was a smart move the fact a non aggressive creature I could kill in 3 hits dropped such insane loot was hardly good for a game with an already poor economy.

Can't solo a super dragon? GOOD because they are one of the few things people can't run head on into and begin piling up the bodies with ease.

I

imported_Lady Tiger

Thank you Flutter you did help me...the char still died twice when I went to kill it. you helped me by seeing that my suit needed work and I needed to fix the mana regen thing. Yeah I only pvm on this char. being on dial up it pretty much only lets me pvm

thank you very much for your help