• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Left CTRL+Button

S

Splup

Heya,

Has anyone else noticed something weird when having a spell in left control+button ?

I'v made same macros as in 2D, which includes lots of ctrl+button spells. For some reason often spells just don't fire off. Then I push control down, then the button and spells fires off. I first thought it's my ctrl button that isnt working properly, but then I logged in with my 2D and all spells fired up just like they should. Then back to KR and spells did not fire like they should :S

Anyone else noticed this?

Alt+button spells seem to work better.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is really touchy ... you have to hit the CTRL first, then the second button. If you arent just right on it, it will mess up. Also, if you have that button set to a spell without the CTRL, it will try to do both.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya the left ctrl i use in alot of my spells - and it is definately bugged.

It works when I hold it down hard and push the 2nd key.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Ailish mentioned, when you've assigned a multi-key combo to a macro or hotbar item or a key binding, you MUST press the keys in that order for the client to recognize them. Pressing Control and then Shift brings up bars; pressing Shift and then Control does nothing.

If your keyboard has more than one Alt or Shift or Control key (do all of them have multiples, I don't know), in SA each one is unique as well. For example, perhaps you use Alt + H for a heal macro in the "classic client" (i.e., the 2d client) and the macro works regardless of which Alt key you press. When you set up your macros or hot bar items in SA, you can either set up just one macro and pick which Alt key (Left-Alt or Right-Alt) you want to use with the H key in the macro, OR you can set up two macros for healing---one using Left Alt + H and one using Right Alt + H.

S

Splup

Umh... Yeah Alt+Key seems to be just as bugged. There really has to be a little delay between pressing the ctrl/alt first and then the other button. In fast mage action it's not working. This needs to be fixed.

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eeek. I'm going to add this to our list of high priority items to look at.

O

Old Man of UO

The left Control key has a hard coding attached to it. Press that down and use the arrow keys to stop and turn. In KR it just stopped you no matter what, now it doesn't. I am wondering if that hard coding is interfering.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grimm, it's great to see someone addressing issues directly like you're doing.

I sent a bug report on this... but I can explain better here.
There's an issue with using some keys that are set as "MMO DEFAULT" under the "INPUT" menu in Settings while using the KR style of chatting. At least, this is how I have it.

I have F3 bound as "target self" via the "input" menu. I deleted the original F1 - F12 hotbar.
I have Shift F3 as Bless, target self. Whenever I bless myself, it does so, but also toggles me as the target (i see the target spinning ring on me). I'm using the SA targeting feature (in otherwords, Legacy targeting is off).
KR does not do this CRAZY thing, but SA does.

I also have CTR F3 set as Hide Self. When I hit it, it will hide me BUT ALSO ACT AS IF I HIT F3, therefore it "target self" and the current target is now me rather than something else.

I have "W" set at toggle warmode (as is the MMO Default setting). I have ALT W set as disarm/arm left hand for my shield. Hitting ALT W will disarm my shield, BUT ALSO TOGGLE WARMODE.

It seems that the key binding under the "INPUT" menu are going off no matter if it's that key or a combo of keys that also involves that key.

I can't test this now, but "L" is the default for Quest Log gump. If I macro SHIFT L for "All KILL", I bet SHIFT L will say ALL KILL and open my Quest Log at same time.

Summary:
Alt + F3 = will trigger the ALT F3 macro, as well as the F3 key macro.
Alt + W = will trigger the ALT W macro, and the W macro.
Macros in the "INPUT" MENU in Settings, will always trigger no matter what ALT or SHIFT or Ctrl key you pair it up with. It launches BOTH macros.
KR does not behave like this. This is a bug.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, I made a macro like right ALT L, and guess what it does? It triggers my macro (Say all kill) AND opens the Quest Log (since L is the default button for the quest log).

Buggy bug!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, my post moved?
Supreem was looking at the slow Alt & slow Ctrl reactions.
I just wanted to make sure that he looks at the CTRL + L and ALT + M situation where it fires two macros.
But I'm sure he's writing these down on his long list. :)

D

Diggity

I've noticed this and reported as a bug as well. Workaround, I don't define any hotkeys in the user settings and/or use ctrl/shift/alt keys for the user settings hotkeys.

If I use "E" for primary move on the user setting, it will try to set primary move if I use my ctrl-e macro. If I blank out the user setting and put the primary move from the character sheet onto a hotbar, assign the hotkey "E", it does not fire when I use my ctrl-e macro.

For stuff that doesn't have a corresponding action that can go in a hotbar, eg open quest log or bag, I've changed those to alt-l and alt-p.

C

Caelas

I don't us the left ctrl key for spells, but ctrl+shift to show name plates in the SA client is goofy. I find myself having to mash ctrl+shift 2-6 times before the name plates show up. Its annoying!

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seems to be an issue with Left Alt key combos

Ive just been testing......my key binding is fine....Left Alt + Key

The problem appears to be in the priority of the keys....the natural way to use that combo is press alt then press the key.............this does not appear to work well unless you hold alt for around 1.5s.

The macro works if you press the key and then press alt..........its basically the wrong way around.

I don't have this issue in the old client so I can only assume that its some weird bug in the new one.