• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Left behind in darkness

M

Mzsassypants

I really do view the glass half full. HOWEVER, I have made the choice to be left behind in BF and wait for the merge. It is extremly frustration to work a rl job the standard 9-5, counting the minutes before one can get home and log on...

Bummer, can't log on yet again, as the train and it's derailments are still closing the city. The goals, pet pulls, job promotions and last minute modifications to ones lot will be unobtainable at this rate.

I understand this is still a work in progress, I fault no one for the coal shortage, lost engineer, or the lady tied on the track. Or even the dude smuggling the beer, I too know I stuffed my bra with simoleans hoping to sneak through ;-) undetected.

The point, don't you think those who have patiently waited for this merge for many weeks now get an extra day to prepare????? Is it really too much to ask?

I guess in the end, they can kill me buy can't eat me... Of course if anyone remotely related to the donnor party is hngin out I could be... well chopped avie.

Ty for all the work, but at least consider giving the cities an extra day before closure....Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

G

This gets my vote, with all the login issues it seems only fair.

G

I probably won't gain anything out of the extra time, but I'm all for the idea, especially for the poor AV'ers and BF'ers (and maybe even CC'ers) who have been locked out due to train issues for longer than anybody else.

K

Krystal Bell

I think it would be the fair thing to do for the poor BF and AVer's that are staying and waiting for the merge. They should get an extra day or so due to the train derailments and cities being closed so they might prepare or get whatever they need to get done.

I hope that you're given the extra time goodluck.

G

why delay the inevitable? why not just let progress go and get into ealand faster? the sooner u get in the sooner u get to start skilling or earning m oney for what ever u need to do. i just don't see the point in further delays of the merges and YES I have sims in other cities waiting on the merges thsat i ont be able to use for awhile.

I

imported_SimTripps

You've got my vote too, Mzsassypants. I'm one of those BFers/AVers who also has not boarded the bullet train...

I

imported_Qute Pi

Its a great idea and I share views.
However, it's highly unlikely that we will get our way...
This is the time when communication from dev's would be helpful.

G

It would be great if we could get a couple extra days, since many haven't been able to log in lately. I was planning to spend some time in BF, to finish building my house, and do a few more pet pulls before the final curtain.

With all the login issues and the trains chugging along so slowly, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Ok. I can't help myself. I can't make lemonade out of these lemons. The merges have been planned for over 6 months! I don't understand how anyone cannot be ready!!!!!!! This last minute rush to do something else will never end people. There will always be someone that forgot to pack their toothbrush and remember halfway down the block after they leave the house.

STOP! Just buckle your seat belt and wait!

STOP! Don't delay the process any longer!

Let's get on with it!

I

imported_SimTripps

LOL Gracie! You go, girl lol...

True - I guess since there's no official date on exactly WHEN the merge will happen, people are a bit nervous about it. I wouldn't mind an extra day or two to finish a couple more roofs, but if I can't get them done before those cities close, no biggie lol..

M

Mzsassypants

<blockquote><hr>

Ok. I can't help myself. I can't make lemonade out of these lemons. The merges have been planned for over 6 months! I don't understand how anyone cannot be ready!!!!!!! This last minute rush to do something else will never end people. There will always be someone that forgot to pack their toothbrush and remember halfway down the block after they leave the house.

Well let's see, since I just decided to give tso a second chance and returned 2 weeks ago, knowing NOTHING of this merge. Since I do have a rl and work a real job during the day and play tso at night. Since the only city I have anything of worth or a sim that is not in limbo from the train and awaiting merge is in BF. Since we have not been able to log in for 2 nights straight.. Not to mention the previous trains that have run and kept us out. Not only could I not log into production cities, I could not log into ealand because of the log in error. Tech support has given no help other than to ignore my emails. yeah I am not ready.

It is not just me, had you been locked out of your city you too would not be thrilled. I do realize they are working har5d to get all of these issues fixed and I am grateful, however it still is not right to not allow us at least an extra day. What does it matter to you anyways, you can play at this time, your not locked out of everything Production, Ealand.

Now today I have a day off and guess what, no BF it is still missing from the map.... Huh, guess they took my toothbrush.

Thank you lee and others who are continuing to work on the issues at hand.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I am sorry that you only returned to the game 2 weeks ago and have been out of the loop for the past 6 months. The login problems you have experienced in the past week pale in comparison to what the rest of us have lived through.

I have been here playing every day and testing every new thing they have thrown at us. The merges are only happening because there were enough of us still playing the game that asked for it to be done.

I have been waiting for 6 months for my city to be merged to EA-Land and I don't believe it is fair for you to ask me to wait longer just because you just re-activated your account 2 weeks ago.

G

I have to agree there, mzassypants. I have not had 6 months to prepare. I came back to the game a very short time ago, compared to players who have been here the entire time. I've just recently been able to build a house in BF, that I haven't even completely furnished yet. I was planning on spending the last 2 days doing that (since I got some money from a friend), before the city closes for good.

Between the login issues and the train running, we just didn't get any chance. With the time it takes for the BF train to arrive in EA-Land, who knows if we will even be able to log in and make sure we ARE ready for the merge.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The intent of the merge was to thank all the long time players that have spent time and money playing this game over the past 5 years with little support or developement being done.

The merge was not planned or all the hard work done by developers for someone that has not played in years to come back , collect some free simoleans "from a friend" , build furnish and buy everything they could possibly need then merge to EALand.

M

Mzsassypants

No one has asked you to wait, I am not nor have I ever addressed YOU and waiting, I am talking with the dev's and those running this popcicle stand. Before you insinuate I have not dealt with anything I have been here since beta and recently had to leave for medical reasons my child was having.

I have been through the days of sitting in FF on opening day when max skill speed was 99%, I have been through the lost inventory items, the mafias and the ability ot tear down or have ones home torn down before the build rights option came along.I have crashed to desk top, error 23'd with the rest of them. I have seen all the ppl who think they are oh so mighter than the next. In TSO, just as rl you can not make everyone happy. It will be what it will be. So when it comes it comes.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

No one has asked you to wait,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you asked me to wait when you started this thread. In another week after you have been able to accomplish everything you need to do in BF with your home, I can assure you, someone else will come along and again ask me to wait because they are not quite ready.

M

Mzsassypants

Oh yeah and lord knows you waited this 6 months, would hate to have to see you exercise patience and wait another day, yes a day, as in 24 hours. Glad I kept my acct paid and current while I was forced to take a leave, wouldn't want to be accused of free loading off "a friend" , Good luck to all of you, see you on the other side...walks out and hits the mute button.

I

imported_sedusa

I started playing in beta days, but couldnt afford to subscribe, and as time passed I lost my former login info so I could never regain my former status. I do understand the frustration for those who have just come back, or are new to the game especially with all the recent technical issues that are going on, and I empathize!

I would be happy to wait for others to get done what they need to do before merging, but I also agree with Gracie's concept that I could be waiting a long time if I had to wait on everyone to be prepared and I wouldnt like it much. I have had 2 sims take the bullet train to EA Land Beta, and they are doing well, but I still have some left in production cities. I gave up on production cities some months ago as they, to me, have become less active with the opening of TC3, and whats the point of trying to skill, or make money in a city that is going to shut down with few users in it to help with skilling in the first place plus train riders as well as those who dont ride will lose all their simoleans anyways.

I realize that the city name is EA Land Beta at the present time, and being such there is/will/could be issues that cause user frustration. I have made a conscious choice to live there and by doing so I am forced to deal with the problems that come with doing/playing with anything that has beta in its name. This is not to say that I like it because I dont. I have even begun to play less because of the many problems, but Im still playing, and am grumbling with the best of them. The devs are good people, and I firmly believe that if we can put up with all the problems now the rewards in the future will be well worth it. Think of all the tales we will have tell.

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

No one has asked you to wait,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you asked me to wait when you started this thread. In another week after you have been able to accomplish everything you need to do in BF with your home, I can assure you, someone else will come along and again ask me to wait because they are not quite ready.

[/ QUOTE ]

This conversation obviously went to that bad place no one likes. You both have valid points. I want to play in AV just a little longer - BUT if it means the merge will come that much sooner, I say shut 'em down! Again, some idea from the devs on the status of the merge would be helpful.

~Coyote

M

master_of_none

<blockquote><hr>

The intent of the merge was to thank all the long time players that have spent time and money playing this game over the past 5 years with little support or developement being done.

The merge was not planned or all the hard work done by developers for someone that has not played in years to come back , collect some free simoleans "from a friend" , build furnish and buy everything they could possibly need then merge to EALand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can not help myself but speak out here in a polite manner as possible.
This statement Gracie really surprises me for all posts I've read of yours prior. I've always considered you a well tempered, considerate giving of factual information to help others without making them feel like an idiot, or less then. This is very extreme... for that, I feel for the poster for just sharing her thoughts with other like minded, or non like minded community players.
Not that all may agree to ask for "one day", not a week or more... due to all the tech issues we've had, but that is all she asked... and not that it would even be considered by the dev's.
She didn't have to share her parted time from our virtual world, but she did... She didn't have to express frustrations of what has been going on for the game she pays/plays like anyone else here, but she did. Though not all may agree, doesn't give the right to make her or others like minded as her feel unwelcome because reality took them away, rather playing day in day out every day.
I myself.. knowing there was only a few days left, went to BF to work on one of my sim lots to build and be sure to prep for the merge and closing of cities ( a sim I normally don't use), only to find I was in that horrid verify loop for two days! I couldn't get into EALand... and drove me insane with frustrations as did to many others. Yes, we're fixed now, thank God... I've had opportunity to return again to BF to finish up before closing... even if they gifted an extra day, will I? OH NO... not taking a chance again... it will wait til the merge.. even with flooring costing a fortune.. LOL
Lastly... your comment on who for.. the dev's creating the merge, and working hard.. I do not believe it was for ONLY those who's life enabled them to play constant from beta days til now. If this was a fact, why would they be encouraging to invite former players and recruiting new? IF was only for those who had all the time on their hands to play constant all these years, would be waste wouldn't it... since then wouldn't be many players to continue the cost/effort? I so believe that was way out of line, but I'm sure was said out of frustrations just like many of us feel from time to time.
I personally have six accounts... always keep two active.. and have reactivated not long ago a third. There has been times I've had to break away from my roots of virtual world (TSO) for reality check.. work, family needs, deaths... etc.. but I've always paid my own way, and nice to know when my reality life allows, I can return to my fun times here. Should I, or others that take their reality as first priority.. be slammed for doing so when they're feeling the virtual frustrations? I think not....
I personally am glad to see returning and new community players in our virtual world... I truely hope that with all the work and efforts from not only the devs, but all those that have taken the time to be the testers of the new changes to help make it happen... to expand our friendships with anew and maybe.. rekindle any lost in the wind players.
I'm sorry if this responds offends anyone, it is not meant to be.. it was just a long version to say... no matter who the player is, or how long they've played or not.... we each have our own views, our own differences, and our own frustrations... and we should respect that.. we are all equals here.

M

mameloot

Risking chiming in on this heated debate.

As I asked in my other thread.
If not an extra day, at the very least...Don't take us off line tonight.

Due to verification errors and the bullet train taking BF offline all night for the past two nights, I haven't been able to log in to make final preperations since Saturday.

I've been preparing for the merge for the past month, but to be thrown off your property 4 days early with no warning is not fair. I'd intended to make my final purchases filling up my inventory 3 days early on Sunday. But I couldn't get in to do so - by no fault of my own.

Now I'm stuck with a near empty inventory - emptied for pet pulls and so I could purchase all new items right before losing all my money.

Gracie, I fully understand your wanting to get to EALand ASAP, I do too. However, please try to understand our point of view:

I lost the last 4 days of access to the city due to unexpected shut downs.

Please don't take us offline during the prime playing hours tonight. If you have to close us as scheduled Thursday, so be it...but give us this evening, please.

thanks,
mame

I

imported_Qute Pi

*just hitting reply*

I don't care how long we have had to get ready, we were told we had till the 21st.

It's disappointing that no one is bothering to be up front about the situation. If we don't like the answer then oh well, but at least make the effort to inform us.

Then again there has always been a lack of communication on situations we are unhappy about. I don't know why I expect any more.

I shouldn't have to bug Lee every time I have a question. We all know he has enough on his plate. They should have someone dealing with the customer service end, at least here on stratics during Wednesday updates.

There are many of us complaining on stratics about the same issue, you think they could take 2 minutes to respond to one of the many posts.

Bad news is better than no news...I'm sick of silence.

G

*just hitting reply*

I understand the frustration of having lost out of time due to the server issues, but I agree with Gracie's point of view. A deadline is a deadline. If I am late turning in my college assignment because their server was down on the due date, the assigment is still late and I still get docked points -- Why? Because I should have managed my time better so I wasn't trying to squeeze it in at the last minute.

The same goes with the city servers.

I think Gracie explained it well when she said that, for every day they extend the deadline, there will be someone begging for more time. What happens if someone who hasn't played in 89 days comes back today and wants time to get his or her affairs in order? How much longer should the deadline be extended in that case? And what happens if someone else on the "89-day plan" comes back during the extension? Do you see where this is going?

I understand and feel your frustration; but the line has to be drawn somewhere, and - once drawn - has to be enforced. To do otherwise would be both unfair and irresponsible.

G

Never underestimate the power of begging! Okay, that's a lie. Never underestimate the power of asking nicely!

Cities will all stay alive until tomorrow morning. Finish what you need to do tonight!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Never underestimate the power of begging! Okay, that's a lie. Never underestimate the power of asking nicely!

Cities will all stay alive until tomorrow morning. Finish what you need to do tonight!

[/ QUOTE ]

And by asking nicely...do you mean asking nicely until somebody says yes?

If that's the case...

Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please?

Just kidding.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case...

Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please? Can I keep my simoleans please?

Just kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO !! Nice try

Polly

I

imported_Qute Pi

I wasn't complaining about the deadline as much as I was complaining about the lack of communication that wouldn't take long.

Thank you Parizad for answering, I appreciate it and I'm sure many others do as well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I wasn't complaining about the deadline as much as I was complaining about the lack of communication that wouldn't take long.

[/ QUOTE ]I know. My last reply wasn't directed at you, or really anyone specific.

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol oh...yea i see that now

Its that darn selective reading problem I get from time to time.
Sorry

G

<blockquote><hr>

If that's the case...

Just kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

OMG, that felt GOOD. Please ask again. Kthx!

M

Mzsassypants

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much for this, even more important than the night to catch up for days while cities were down, I thank you for responding. Just as in the real world communication is so important. Thank you and all working so hard again.

*gets on one knee, no make it two* Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee can we make sure we leave my ex floating in BF when we mege? Begsssssss

D

Dogsoffour

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't that the plan all along?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wasn't that the plan all along?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my impression too.

From the blog: Thu, Feb 21: All cities except EA-Land and Test Center 3 will go offline permanently. (posted by Greg February 13th) The shutdown of legacy cities doesn't affect moves or merges, also according to Greg. We don't know when the merge is yet. We could be merging tomorrow, or in 6 months. They still have some work to do

Nobody is asking to postpone the merge, at least I'm not. I was just hoping, not asking, that we get a couple of days extra because of the issues lately. Some people haven't been able to log in for days.