• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*leaves the building*

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
wow, real sad to see you go. your posts are some of the most informative and i regularly search you by name to look for guides. best of luck to you

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you Lord Godin from Catskills ? Sad to see you leave man , good luck

Quickblade

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow. Really sad to see you go. You've been such a mainstay here. I wish you were not leaving however I do wish you the best in your endeavors!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello all,

Just a quick post to say goodbye, I have finally fully left the game, sold my account and will probably be posting progressively less than I already do.

Good luck to you all.
Chris
Feel free to post to correct some of our stupid Ideas.

Enjoy! You will be back.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How can I sell my account, and who would pay money to be me anyway?

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I don’t know you personally, I will say that many of your posts have been extremely helpful to me upon my return to UO. Your knowledge and theory crafting will be missed. Thank you for all the help you’ve provided.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

Just a quick post to say goodbye, I have finally fully left the game, sold my account and will probably be posting progressively less than I already do.

Good luck to you all.
Chris

@Lord GOD(GOD)

This is a very saddening news, you have been of a great help to the UO Community, your Posts about the many complexities of UO have always been extremely helpful and of great help to many UO players ......

Hope to still see you around on Stratics !

Safe Travels and good Luck to you for everything !

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Hello all,

Good luck to you all.
Chris
I hope you are well, and wish you well. You are a friend to all of us and your wisdom about the game mechanics has helped a lot of us. Just want to thank you for being here and your great work here. I hope you will be happy and well and wish you would consider not leaving Stratics, but just come in here when time allows.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Take care and have fun in whatever you do to replace UO! My husband and I have also stopped playing, time to revisit some of the old MMO's we used to play. :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hate to see anyone go, but its getting harder and harder to stay.

There's no communication on this board anymore. And on the other board, Kyronix is basically telling people to sit down and shut up. And numerous posts are pulled from sight just because they aren't cheerleading for the team. Who coulda seen thiat coming :rolleyes:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not far behind ya ... account is locked/closed and CC data cleared.

Happy trails! <waves as he walks off into the sunset>

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's like 10 bucks in 3 months. I can afford that until I die. Last time I played was for feedback on treasure chests on TC1. This whole thing was just so exhausting, I didn't feel like logging in once since. At least the account is good for another 2 months.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

There's no communication on this board anymore. And on the other board, Kyronix is basically telling people to sit down and shut up. And numerous posts are pulled from sight just because they aren't cheerleading for the team. Who coulda seen thiat coming :rolleyes:
You pretty much hit the nail on the head! @Kyronix @Bleak

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It is getting harder to stay because the game is boring and prices are completely out of hand. Between the drama, constant piss and moan and times they were completely disrespected, you cannot blame the team at all for not wanting to post here again. I don't even like posting here anymore. I haven't had much experience with their forum but they're seeming to have success with the get to the point and move on to the next subject strategy.

We are playing their game. We can accept changes and continue playing, downsize or quit. There are thousands of suitable alternatives about. I downsize until things get interesting then I come back. Making noise for a change just doesn't work.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It is getting harder to stay because the game is boring and prices are completely out of hand. Between the drama, constant piss and moan and times they were completely disrespected, you cannot blame the team at all for not wanting to post here again. I don't even like posting here anymore. I haven't had much experience with their forum but they're seeming to have success with the get to the point and move on to the next subject strategy.

We are playing their game. We can accept changes and continue playing, downsize or quit. There are thousands of suitable alternatives about. I downsize until things get interesting then I come back. Making noise for a change just doesn't work.
I agree. I am here to stay also, regardless of bugs, gimps, cheaters, exploiters, Paroxies and pets poofing, statuette pets poofing, third party gold spammers, and all. I don't have time to play more than few hours/week, but I play for fun, and thats all. I have accepted that the Devs cannot fix everything already. I am not here to make billions or millions. The challenge is what keeps me here, and also the team. We talk once in a while and occasionally hunt together.
There are still secrets to this massive game, and places I have not seen. Always learning new things. Looks like I will be with UO till lights out. Same thing with Stratics. To say that we do not communicate in Stratics is incorrect. We do communicate, we joke, we critique game and ourselves. Sometimes we get heated arguments, like PvP PK, etc. We love our Pkers, and thieves regardless. They are part of our game, part of us part of UO.
Memories and reminisces are here. Our past. Each event/revamp adds a little something new. It is not mandatory to participate in these.
I guess my advantage is that I play for a little fun, and not profit or to become a UO tycoon. So I may see things differently. I love every part of the game including the not so hot pixels/graphics. Have seen other things with super good pixels, like PoE, WW, Black Desert, etc, etc. I was not impressed, or moved.
I am still here, and will NOT quit, or even try the corrupt to the bone pay to play "free shards" out there, that are here today, gone tomorrow.
For you guys that leave UO, good luck to you and godspeed in your adventures.
Lythos, I appreciate you post.

I AM STAYING.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I also think that if you are leaving for a cause other than "being bored", you at least can place your quitting posts on the "main" UO forum, and let the Devs know why, especially if due to a game issue.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I second that... helps them know why people are going.

Personally I still play UO... still do a lot of the things mostly because of my love of the game but it's also that love of the game that gets me irritated in how it's currently being managed and it's that which makes me fighting mad and want to be the squeaky wheel... or whatever...