• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Leatherneck

• Thread starter SuekaMalchick
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SuekaMalchick

the trem Leatherneck is used to decribe Marines, i know the answer already but can any of you proud resdents of the USA tell me where this trem comes from?
oooo i'd like to see whos proud to live here in the US

S

SuekaMalchick

also can anyone tell me what the blood stripe is? oooo i bet not!

The Marines "Dress Blues" unifrom is the only unifrom that contains all three colors of the US flag. Blue represents bravery. Red represnests sacrifice. White represents honor.

I

imported_Chaucer of TS

Leatherneck comes from the fact that a marine's uniform had a small piece of leather sewn into the collar. Not sure about when or why.

If I'm not mistaken I believe that the blood stripe is the red stripe that runs the length of the leg of a marine's dress pants.

S

SuekaMalchick

the blood stripe is right good job but the leatherneck part is just a wee bit off you are right on the part is was leather and is is in the neck but it is not in the dress blus or any of the uniform to this date is was only in one time that they had leather on their necks and thats the answer i'm looking for but very good on the blood stripe

G

They were issued a black leather stock around 1798 to be worn around the neck to improve military bearing.

S

SuekaMalchick

the date is very close but the main reason why they are called leathernecks is during the war with the britsh us marines wore leather collors to portect their necks from sword strike from british soldiers