• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Leather Luck Suit

X

Xantrik

So, I am still working my way through figuring out imbuing. There is a lot of information out there so please forgive me if I ask a stupid question or two. :)

I am trying to make a MAX luck suit for my Tamer. I have a 120 Tailor. Smith and Imbuer crafter who is a Garg. As I understand it the best way to make a suit while avoiding the randomness of Ruincs is to:
1. Make an all normal leather exceptional suit
2. Imbue 100 Luck on it
3. Add PoF to the suit to desired durability
4. Enhance the suit with spined leather
5. Pray Enhance works (If it does I have a base piece of spined with 140 luck)
6. Add other mods (Most expensive to cheapest)
7. Balance out resists across the suit

Does this sound about right? Also, if I want to enhance a hat I would need to make it leather correct? As I can't enhance say a cloth pirate hat...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can't use PoF after imbuing, but other than that you're on the right track. Make, powder, imbue luck, enhance, then imbue all other requirements.
Keep leather pieces with low physical resist, since this is what the spined will add in addition to the luck, for best chance of not breaking.

X

Xantrik

Thanks for the reply. I knew about the PoF thing, I just got my steps confused. (Too early in the morning) :)

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only leather and metal headwear can be enhanced for 140 luck (use gold ingots to enhance metal), a good choice I find is the metal circlet since its medable and doesn't look ridiculous like a leather cap.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only leather and metal headwear can be enhanced for 140 luck (use gold ingots to enhance metal), a good choice I find is the metal circlet since its medable and doesn't look ridiculous like a leather cap.

Forgive me for nit-picking, but that's not strictly true. Oak will add 40 luck to wooden armor.

Enhancing

I prefer jester hat of chuckles for headwear, but if I couldn't get that I'd wear a jingasa.

X

Xantrik

Yep, working on getting a Chuckles hat now! Bought a Vesper Museum Order Shield yesterday and should be able to get the hat today.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I use my luck suit on my miner (for saltpeter) I took a pair of +5 mining gloves and put 140 luck (along with other things) for my suit.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck works for salpeter-mining. (Mining in caves and from boat)

Another way to get 140 luck pieces is using lowlevel runics (spined saws and dc hammers). (But since barbed runics are not on high demand, the supply on the lower runics is very low atm. The supply of dc runics is ok but the demand for them is good.)

Depending on your suit, Swords of prosperity or Jaana's Staff might be alternatives to using Vesper Shield. (It is very hard if not possible to find a weapon + shield combination, that exceeds 220 luck from the above artys.)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, maybe they'll finally fix it so we can make 160 Luckblades/Adventure's Machetes .....

I've only submitted a dozen or so bug reports on it. :(

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Be aware, that attempting to enhance a piece of Leather Armor with Spined after it's been imbued to 100 Luck, has a very high chance of breaking the armor, even at 120.0 Tailoring. If you use Powder of Fort, you're likely to go through DOZENS of PoF in an attempt to make a few 140 Luck, 255 Dur pieces.

If money isn't a problem, and you want the absolute best, make a Exceptional Leather piece with Normal Leather and GM Armslore, PoF it up to 255 Dur, imbue it to 100 Luck along with all the other mods you want (I personally go with 100 Luck, 20% LRC, MR and Resists catered to that char's entire suit), then use a Forged Metal of Artifacts for 100% Enhance success rate, and then enhance Spined. You can actually go above the Item's Intensity cap doing this.

I did that for the Leggings, Sleeves and Gloves for my main Mage/Tamer's suit. It has 1,890 Luck/100% LRC/8 MR/20% DCI/4 FC/6 FCR/10% LMC/2 HP Regen and a -0 Mage Wep. All Resists are between 60-70 (75 for Energy).

X

Xantrik

Thanks for the advice! However, I refuse to go out and purchase an item from EA just so that I have a 100% success rate.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the advice! However, I refuse to go out and purchase an item from EA just so that I have a 100% success rate.
What do you consider your time worth? That $10 tools pays for itself almost immediately.

Enhancing items would be more accurately termed Breaking items. :wall:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When it comes to manufactured Luck headgear, I prefer circlets (normal, royal, etc.)

1. They are medable.
2. Gold enhanced, they have 2 more total resists than a spined leather cap (not sure which has a higher chance of breaking, though).
3. They don't obscure the face or hair of the wearer.