• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Leather Archer Suit

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I need to make the best suit possible for an old school pure archer friend of mine. Has be leather. I've made many metal suits in the past. But I've not really used leather to create a warrior based suit. Any suggestions on where to start? Assuming I'm going to need plenty of runic kits.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you going for studded leather for the 55lmc?

It also depends on what mods he wants on the suit as this will determine what runic tool to use.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In the past is also a very vague term...past could mean uve used runic kits exclusively...worked with imbuing...worked with reforging...worked with enhancing...worked with refinements...depends how far along the path of crafting you are as to what suit you're making. Also depends on your or your friends wallet as how epic and detailed you plan to make it.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seriously....not sure what build you are using where you want to use just leather armor??

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So I need to make the best suit possible for an old school pure archer friend of mine. Has be leather. I've made many metal suits in the past. But I've not really used leather to create a warrior based suit. Any suggestions on where to start? Assuming I'm going to need plenty of runic kits.
Well... you need to decide what reforges you need on the suit. I'm guessing you're going to go for 211+ stam, so you're going to need to use horned/barbed kits, choose the haste package, and have a lot of patience. What else you need requires a bit more knowledge of what you're trying to accomplish. I would guess that you'll need to reforge most things with the arcane or mystic package and hope for 10 stam and the 8 LMC. Problem with this is that no matter what, you'll end up with some mods that are somewhat un-needed, like LRC or SR.

Also, you're going to need to spend quite a lot of time farming for the ring and brac, because you're going to want both of them to be 10 SSI, and at least 1 of them to also have some +stam on it. Ideally you get 20 SSI and 10 stam on the jewelry which saves you the trouble of making all 6 pieces of armor 10 stam, but I'd still like to have as much stam as possible for stam loss from damage taken.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes with respect to stam loss and lmc.....wouldn't plate be a better choice then leather?

I heard recently that bone is the best for stam loss.....is this accurate ?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think bone is the same as studded. Though it *should* be in some way better (I've always said dragon scale shouldn't be f'n useless too) since it's way more resource intensive, and skill to make.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I never replied guys. Forgot I even made this thread.

Got it sorted in the end. Thanks for all the advice.